dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Rider Organisations > Trail Rider Action Group

Old 10-11-2006
muffBERGer

[QUOTE=mudrat]Dave
Quote:
its more than obvious that you are a bitter twisted individual,
so whats new
Old 10-11-2006
muffBERGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrat
all we are trying to achieve is get a camping ground and car park for bikes,

and arn't we as redgo an liecence owners have the right to do this allready
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro

[QUOTE=muffBERGer]
Quote:
Dave

so whats new
dave you crack me up get rid of that berg and get a life [ktm]
Old 10-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
and arn't we as redgo an liecence owners have the right to do this allready
yes we do but not without complaint to Forestry about noise etc.

the Idea of a trailbike freiendly area is to try and keep bikes away from the general public and stop or reduce the complaints.

Families can use the bike area if they wish, but if they dont like the noise etc, then they shouldnt whinge about it

Similairly bikes will be encouraged to use the bike area not he general public areas.

I might ride like crap, but I'm hav'n fun, I think
X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
KTM 2005 625 SXC - 2 bikes in one - gone
KTM 2003 450 EXC - gone - but not forgotten
Old 10-11-2006
muffBERGer

Quote:
Quote:
yes we do but not without complaint to Forestry about noise etc.

the Idea of a trailbike freiendly area is to try and keep bikes away from the general public and stop or reduce the complaints.

Similairly bikes will be encouraged to use the bike area not he general public areas.
this is all well and good
if you only want to ride in the carpark
Old 11-11-2006
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
1 Trac is a normal committee and has a set of rules of incorporation under corporation law and follows those rules (remember Trac is not a bike club and will never be this is in our rules of incorporation) only a group of people who wish to push the government on access rights for forest users .

2 Trac has 10 committee members whose names i don't have the right to post without there permission. The convener for Trac is Rodney Cartwright ph 0427277888

3 yes if approved by the committiee

4 yes but we would like to keep it to small meetings, we would like to have one member from an organisation who can report back to the other individuals (Glenn) is attending for DBW.

5 yes no monies will be paid out unless approved by the committee and financial reports are available as per normal corporations law.
Thanks Mudrat for chasing up this info.

I guess in the absence of anyone else from DBW volunteering for this onerous task, by default, you been lumped with the responsibility of being DBW's "Democrat" (Keep the Bastards Honest!!!) at TRAC committee meetings, plus taking the responsibility of chasing up and passing information back to us here on DBW. I reckon in this case the saying "Don't Shoot the Messenger" should be applied. In fact, I think we all owe you a vote of thanks for taking on this time consuming and unrewarding task on our behalf.

Like Muffie, I must admit that up to now, I have been highly sceptical and critical of the whole TRAC thing. But short of us DBW guys getting up off our own "Arse's" and doing something positive to help ourselves, I feel it may be in our best interest for us to just hitch our wagon onto TRAC and see where it takes us.

At least if it all falls over and goes to shit down the track we will have someone else to blame and say we told you so to.

Failing that, our other alternative would be to offer to resurrect the DSMRA branch in this area. The advantage here being that the DSMRA is already onboard and a key player in the Watagans movement that is now in place.

What would be required of us is to get the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie Branch/Area Coordinator up and running again. The DSMRA is already a fully functioning operation with credibility and clout. It would just require us to man it. ANY VOLUNTEERS>>?????

FIRST AID+

A procrastinator's work is never done

"To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals courtesy, to inferiors nobleness."
Old 11-11-2006
dbw Pro

My first take is that going through an existing national organisation (DSMRA) would be a better move- but if nothing is happening locally what then? Like Seahorse said - any volunteers?

The people involved in TRAC used to be DSMRA organisers if my memory is correct. I'm not a DSMRA member so I could be wrong.

The current TRAC setup seems something of a benevolent dictatorship which is fine to get things happening but not necessarily democratic. Which may or may not be a bad thing. I'm not being at all critical in saying this. I'm sure they have their reasons for doing it that way and the rest of us who do nothing can hardly complain.
Old 11-11-2006
muffBERGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klxchris
The current TRAC setup seems something of a benevolent dictatorship which is fine to get things happening but not necessarily democratic.

i sat in on a local motorbike club meeting and heard the same sh1t

things aren't allways as they seem

and by the way
ill be the first to say
okay i was wrong
if that happens
Old 11-11-2006
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffBERGer
things aren't allways as they seem

and by the way
ill be the first to say
okay i was wrong
if that happens
If that ends up being the case there will be two of us eating "Humble-Pie"... and the way I've seen you get through those huge steaks at the Kew pub you will probably eat my share

FIRST AID+

A procrastinator's work is never done

"To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals courtesy, to inferiors nobleness."
Old 11-11-2006
dbw Pro Legend

the same goes for me if I do get lead up the proverbial gardan path them so be it, but the options atm are few and far between.
If we don"t do something soon, could you or anyone else for that matter tell me we our kids or their kids are going to ride in the future ???????????

I might ride like crap, but I'm hav'n fun, I think
X Club Mud Member 72
KTM 2006 300 EXC
KTM 2002 200 EXC
FOR SALE
KTM 2005 625 SXC - 2 bikes in one - gone
KTM 2003 450 EXC - gone - but not forgotten