dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Proudly Sponsored by Mainjet Motorcycles

Old 15-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Clake 2 tuning

I have fitted the Clake2 and all seems to be bled ok. I have a question regarding the tuning.

The clutch seems to be light but very on or off, is there a way to make the amount of slip a bit larger?

With the brake, iím fairly certain it is bled correct as I canít seem to get any more air out either back bleeding by syringe or vac bleeding. The brake lever still comes into the bar when pulled tight and doesnít really lock the wheel. I changed to the 4C3 cam and itís better but still not as strong as what I would like.

Any tips?
Old 15-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
I have fitted the Clake2 and all seems to be bled ok. I have a question regarding the tuning.

The clutch seems to be light but very on or off, is there a way to make the amount of slip a bit larger?

With the brake, iím fairly certain it is bled correct as I canít seem to get any more air out either back bleeding by syringe or vac bleeding. The brake lever still comes into the bar when pulled tight and doesnít really lock the wheel. I changed to the 4C3 cam and itís better but still not as strong as what I would like.

Any tips?
Sell it
Old 15-02-2018
dbw Pro Hero

If the brake lever is coming to the bar, it's not bled properly. It's been a while since I did mine so can't remember exactly. Watch all the vids again. They're great when set up right.
Old 16-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

If you have some brake pressure, then tie the brake lever in tight to the bars with a cable tie and leave overnight

Clutch assist cams vary the clutch feel, try a cam with less assist to give the clutch a more natural or progressive feel?
Old 16-02-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Iím having the same issue with mine. I even took it to Owen and got him to bleed it seemed ok after I left but when used in anger the brake dosnt have nearly enough force to even lock the rear. My old clake was perfect, this 2 has been pain. I bought it second hand and Iím starting to wonder if I got ripped. Be stuffed if I know whatís wrong with it though.
Old 16-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Owen is crook and seems no one else at Clake can assist with tuning.....I don't know how that business stays alive.
Old 17-02-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker View Post
Iím having the same issue with mine. I even took it to Owen and got him to bleed it seemed ok after I left but when used in anger the brake dosnt have nearly enough force to even lock the rear. My old clake was perfect, this 2 has been pain. I bought it second hand and Iím starting to wonder if I got ripped. Be stuffed if I know whatís wrong with it though.
Hi Guy's.
A warning with second hand, I recently bought a one light clutch about 14 months old, couldn't get it to work properly and it felt jerky so stripped it down and found a bearing flogged out, just in time before any damage was done, On a bright note I was impressed with the design and quality of the components.
Cheers Michael.
Tiger Cub , Yamaha TY 250 ,Fantic 200, SWM 280 ,Kawasaki GPZ 250, Suzuki TS 250, RGV 250 Pepsi model, Kawasaki KLR 250, Kawasaki ZXR 750, Kawasaki ZX9.CRF450X Yamaha YZ 250, Yamaha yz250F,Yamaha R1.tm 300 gas gas TXT PRO280 new bike Sherco se 250 gas gas txt 300 factory replica. BETA 300RR 2016 beta 300 racing 2017 beta 300 rr racing 2018 beta 300 racing 2017 beta 430
Old 17-02-2018
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakas View Post
Hi Guy's.
A warning with second hand, I recently bought a one light clutch about 14 months old, couldn't get it to work properly and it felt jerky so stripped it down and found a bearing flogged out, just in time before any damage was done, On a bright note I was impressed with the design and quality of the components.
Cheers Michael.
I just bought a second hand one off a dodgy looking bloke. I better do the same thing.

You blokes need to have a bit of perseverance, I have 3 of them and a Clake 2 and they all work fine. I have had a few issues, but they have all been sorted and all have been operator error so far.
Old 17-02-2018
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete40 View Post
I just bought a second hand one off a dodgy looking bloke. I better do the same thing.

You blokes need to have a bit of perseverance, I have 3 of them and a Clake 2 and they all work fine. I have had a few issues, but they have all been sorted and all have been operator error so far.

Ive persevered a lot with my clake 2. Not sure what else I can do. When Iíve got time Iím going to do a full strip down on it. I reckon itís getting air in somewhere, Iím just not sure where.

Iíve had two other clakes prior to this and they have been awesome so I know how good they are when set up correctly.
Old 17-02-2018
dbw Pro Hero

I do sympathise with you, it is frustrating when you can't get something to work that you know should work.

One thing for sure is that they can be very temperamental to bleed (properly).