dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 1 Week Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Haha bloody cranies. It's the best part of the job when ya know ya gonna chuck it in & stop GAF. I enjoy it every time, especially making OHST & staff look stupid(so easy) & be accountable. Been told I'm a thorn in their side many a time!
Hahaha. Back in the 80s teaching Sparkies my Senior Head Teacher hauled me into the office for wearing a tracksuit to work. He said I had to show a good example to the boys. Next week I fronted in steel cap boots, bib and braces, hard hat and tool belt. He hit the roof!

I made him look up the Department policy on dress code (knowing full-well there wasn't one. ). He gave up and called a truce. I'm a much more mellow type now, thankfully.

Current dirtbikes: 2018 450SX, 2018 YZ250-FX
Current road bike: 2011 FLHRC-Police spec
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

We are allowedto wear t shirt (must be hi vis ) and shorts on all the building site we work on in Melbourne and Geelong ect.... doing steel errection rigging . A mate of mine had work safe turn up to his mechanic workshop a year or two ago and told about having to conform to yellow painted lines ect.... and not being able to climb ladders ect..... , anyways it was to be up to code for other employees and customers. As he was the only worker he just ended up putting a sign up about entering at your own risk and has not seen the peanuts from worksafe since!
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Haha bloody cranies. It's the best part of the job when ya know ya gonna chuck it in & stop GAF. I enjoy it every time, especially making OHST & staff look stupid(so easy) & be accountable. Been told I'm a thorn in their side many a time!
I put my hand up for my team safety rep knowing I was leaving and that i didnt GAF jsut to be a thorn in their side.
My supervisor was on my side and backed me completely as everything I did was just folowing their rules.
A new 1 million dollar office set up was tagged out because you coudnt keep 3 points of contact on the stairs leading up to the supervisors and superintendents office.

I loved it when I had some shiny clip board walk up to me to do a Safety observation as crane work is cool and they all want to stick their nose in the way.
Pulled up many big bosses on their rules and codes etc just using their policys and rules on them.

Now Im a garden variety truck driver in Melbourne and love it. No JHA, no SWP, no Take 5, no safety team, no hassles. Just do my run and manage my fatigue breaks.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
I put my hand up for my team safety rep knowing I was leaving and that i didnt GAF jsut to be a thorn in their side.
My supervisor was on my side and backed me completely as everything I did was just folowing their rules.
A new 1 million dollar office set up was tagged out because you coudnt keep 3 points of contact on the stairs leading up to the supervisors and superintendents office.

I loved it when I had some shiny clip board walk up to me to do a Safety observation as crane work is cool and they all want to stick their nose in the way.
Pulled up many big bosses on their rules and codes etc just using their policys and rules on them.

Now Im a garden variety truck driver in Melbourne and love it. No JHA, no SWP, no Take 5, no safety team, no hassles. Just do my run and manage my fatigue breaks.
Hahaha I did the exact same became HSR & ****in' nailed 'em on so much shite only for the fact that they were never held accountable before & thought they were much smarter than what they actually were. I had a fairly big hand in getting rid of several long termers(including supervisors & OHST boss) who thought they could do as they pleased. Was so good! I was a bit of a cult hero in the maintenance department & our safety meetings actually became half useful where people weren't afraid to speak up. A lot of the time was wasting my breath but wasted so much company time it wasn't funny. Typical mining they say one thing but don't back it up. I thrived on being a pain in their arse & there was nothing they could do about it. Ahh they were good times
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyone View Post
quote=Nutty I'm a much more mellow type now, thankfully.
You haven't met me yet:- I'm much looking forward to that.

ryan3500 peanuts from Worksafe are on 80K:
Easy money I'd reckon. Give me some of that.

I'll delete this post circa noon... for it's being superfluous.
I coulda done with a superflush today, sump pit though so had to lift her out.

Old 6 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Hahaha I did the exact same became HSR & ****in' nailed 'em on so much shite only for the fact that they were never held accountable before & thought they were much smarter than what they actually were. I had a fairly big hand in getting rid of several long termers(including supervisors & OHST boss) who thought they could do as they pleased. Was so good! I was a bit of a cult hero in the maintenance department & our safety meetings actually became half useful where people weren't afraid to speak up. A lot of the time was wasting my breath but wasted so much company time it wasn't funny. Typical mining they say one thing but don't back it up. I thrived on being a pain in their arse & there was nothing they could do about it. Ahh they were good times
I once threw the Deputy Director of TAFE NSW out of a workshop as the Dean, Campus Manager, The Minister and herself were doing an inspection of a new facility. Once those signs go up the Act has to be enforced.

The Dean was going ballistic but I still chucked them out. The Minister thought it was great that I enforced the Act. The DD was hot as, I explained i had nothing against gorgeous women in high heels. I gave them a tour of the rest of the building.

Old 6 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Here's a beauty.
Nowra TAFE : all parking is nose-in for safety reasons
Wollongong TAFE : all parking is tail-in...for safety reasons.

In a WHS meeting I made both Campus Managers stand up and explain who hadn't done their JSA correctly, turned into a shitfight. Playing games with Suits who think they're the shit, should be the National Sport of Tradies.

Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Factory Pro

After 30 years in steel construction I was glad to get out. As a young bloke I walked purlins up trusses without fall restraint or scaffold, rode the chain hanging off the end of the crane to get to hard to reach places, walked roof sheets along purlins etc. As I got older and became a leading hand I made sure of a blokes competence before they did that sort of stuff until the OHS laws caught up with common practice. I have nothing against a safe workplace but I reckon the laws go too far. You have to allow to put the least competent, irresponsible no hoper on site safely. If your crew is doing something safely but outside the law, as a supervisor you are up for 10s of thousands of dollars in fines. I could go on but the horse is just getting higher. I now drive a school bus and complying with the safety requirements inherent in the job seem more common sense.
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Here's a beauty.

In a WHS meeting I made both Campus Managers stand up and explain who hadn't done their JSA correctly, turned into a shitfight. Playing games with Suits who think they're the shit, should be the National Sport of Tradies.
Haha I've never understood reverse parking on minesites. Ya still have to reverse at one stage or another?!
Old 5 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Here's a beauty.
Quite simple :
The Nowra campus manager is a woman
The Wollongong Campus manager is a man

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Last edited by DV8; 5 Days Ago at 10:13 AM.