dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Factory Pro

I'm having huge dramas with Shipito at the moment.

I bought a wall painting and had it sent there, to be re-packaged with other stuff.

Shipito stuffed up the consolidation, so it looks like I might end up paying for it twice.

But, Shipito is also refusing to send it to me because of the wood frame.

WTF.

I rang Australian Customs. Nup, no problem there.

I rang Dept of Agriculture, where I learned all about BICON (ie bio-security conditions).

They were even more unfussed about it than Customs. Apparently it's "highly processed timber" and as it's been sanded and lacquered their care factor for that one is zero.

I rang Shipito and they eventually decided that it was a condition of their contract with Australia Post.

Two phone calls to Australia Post have confirmed that they also don't give a crap about wood being sent through the post from the US.

But, Shipito is adamant that Australia Post is stopping them from sending the parcel with the painting in it.

Got me stuffed.

Ok, so screw Shipito, I'll just have it sent to another freight forwarding place and keep quiet about the contents.

Nup, it's company policy that Shipito doesn't send stuff to other freight forwarders. They've got a list of addresses to not send to.

Blimey.

I'm guessing that I'll have to find some sort of US AirTasker web site, get a random person to pick up the box, post it back to Shipito from the nearest post office and then (in theory) Shipito would be unaware of the contents and I could have it sent here. Dunno.

Bloody useless lot at Shipito. Complete inability to answer questions (eg get me a direct email address so that I can get Australia Post to confirm that they're ok with the wood).
Various unfinished projects

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

Nice painting? Look good hangin in a Shitito office?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
What is the painting of? Phildo.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Just had my VAT reimbursed into my account, from my UK purchases
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManRiver View Post
Nice painting? Look good hangin in a Shitito office?
My thoughts exactly.

Phildo, get something in writing from Customs?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Some interesting points made in this thread..

Are people buying everything overseas? Just select items? Just bike related things?

TBH I would say very little of my expenditure goes overseas. Or not directly anyway. How many businesses in Australia are actually Australian owned anymore? It really is a shame that the market can't be more competitive...

And speaking of KTM, our local dealer dropped the brand. I don't know the ins or outs of it all, but I believe it was to do with floor plans from what I have heard. I personally wouldn't buy one.. over priced for what they are. Bit like the iphone of bikes. All the cool kids have one.
I still shop in oz for most things. However, where i can see deliberate price manipulation by the manufacturer and or importer and i can shop overseas to my advantage i will without hesitation.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
I'm having huge dramas with Shipito at the moment.

I bought a wall painting and had it sent there, to be re-packaged with other stuff.

Shipito stuffed up the consolidation, so it looks like I might end up paying for it twice.

But, Shipito is also refusing to send it to me because of the wood frame.

WTF.

I rang Australian Customs. Nup, no problem there.

I rang Dept of Agriculture, where I learned all about BICON (ie bio-security conditions).

They were even more unfussed about it than Customs. Apparently it's "highly processed timber" and as it's been sanded and lacquered their care factor for that one is zero.

I rang Shipito and they eventually decided that it was a condition of their contract with Australia Post.

Two phone calls to Australia Post have confirmed that they also don't give a crap about wood being sent through the post from the US.

But, Shipito is adamant that Australia Post is stopping them from sending the parcel with the painting in it.

Got me stuffed.

Ok, so screw Shipito, I'll just have it sent to another freight forwarding place and keep quiet about the contents.

Nup, it's company policy that Shipito doesn't send stuff to other freight forwarders. They've got a list of addresses to not send to.

Blimey.

I'm guessing that I'll have to find some sort of US AirTasker web site, get a random person to pick up the box, post it back to Shipito from the nearest post office and then (in theory) Shipito would be unaware of the contents and I could have it sent here. Dunno.

Bloody useless lot at Shipito. Complete inability to answer questions (eg get me a direct email address so that I can get Australia Post to confirm that they're ok with the wood).
Shit, only used them once, all good.
My Boss lives in Nevada and sends boxes across, can probably help if needed.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
Erode our middle class at our peril
That's funny, in China there wanting a bigger middle class !
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Just noticed i've had gst taken out of my account for 2 Aussie purchases under $100, still no action on my 2 UK purchases that were around the $300 mark.
Old 6 Days Ago
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
Just noticed i've had gst taken out of my account for 2 Aussie purchases under $100, still no action on my 2 UK purchases that were around the $300 mark.
Something fishy there Eagle, if an Aussie company is advertising a price to Aussie consumers, I thought the price must be GST-inclusive by law.

Current dirtbikes: 2018 450SX, 2018 YZ250-FX
Current road bike: 2011 FLHRC-Police spec