dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 19-08-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Wheel for TTR230

Long story short, a mate of mines' Son has saved his butt off to buy a bigger bike, he found one suitable for their farm and his riding style (06-TTR230) and bought it, got it home and the rear wheel is wobbly and untrue. So off to the regional Yamaha dealer and has been quoted over $600 to fix, which he or his Dad don't have right now (separation/family issues). Apparently the hub is flogged out, so we are desperately after options for him the kid is mildly Autistic and it has devastated him as he has been looking forward to going to the Urbenville trail ride for ages, so I am going to move mountains if I can for them, and of course my first port of call is the wealth of knowledge that is DBW, so fire away good people.
Old 19-08-2014
dbw Pro Champion

I have a complete rear wheel and brake assembly off an 87 TT350 sitting in my shed. If it can be used you're welcome to it.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 19-08-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
I have a complete rear wheel and brake assembly off an 87 TT350 sitting in my shed. If it can be used you're welcome to it.
Thanks Heaps Don that is generous as Mate, I'll have a gander at the parts lists so if they are anything alike.
Old 19-08-2014
dbw Pro Champion

let's know if you want any dimensions.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 19-08-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
let's know if you want any dimensions.
Will do, I had a look on parts listings, look very similar but numbering systems have changed dramatically over the years. The wheel is in another town ATM, but we will grab some measurements asap.

again thanks Don,
and to the other bloke who knows whom he is, your generous offer proves yet again you are a champion.
Old 19-08-2014
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivisibility View Post
Will do, I had a look on parts listings, look very similar but numbering systems have changed dramatically over the years. The wheel is in another town ATM, but we will grab some measurements asap.

again thanks Don,
and to the other bloke who knows whom he is, your generous offer proves yet again you are a champion.
I just realised that my TT was a 97, not 87. The wheel is probably still the same anyway. Sorry to confuse.

Old 19-08-2014
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
is it the wheel bearings ? or spoke holes or something?
Old 19-08-2014
DBW Clubman

Spokes aren't checked/tightend so the wheel wobbles and wears out the hub spoke holes..600 sounds about right.Been there,done that.
Old 19-08-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmonkey View Post
Spokes aren't checked/tightend so the wheel wobbles and wears out the hub spoke holes..600 sounds about right.Been there,done that.
exactly what happened, except apparently the seller tightened the spokes up against the elongated holes and it survived the pre-sale check, then the young bloke and his dad have got, done the three hour trip home, young bloke goes for a quick ride and it starts wobbling, badly, enough to rub and catch on stuff.
And yes $600 is a correct price for new hub and relace etc, no issues there, just the young bloke and his Dad are a bit skint, so his Dad is feeling pretty bad about it....
I assured his Dad we can fix it before the Urbenville ride
Thanks Don will recheck it.

Last edited by Hivisibility; 19-08-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old 19-08-2014
dbw Factory Pro

97,87 same wheel bruce. What about larger spoke nipples?