dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Suspension

Suspension Proudly Supported by: www.shocktreatment.com.au

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-07-2019
Arctra's Avatar
Arctra Arctra is offline
"The Crack Of DOOM"
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sydney (Penrith area)
Posts: 3,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Update: WP fork list since 2009
OC
OC-E
CC
Xplor
4CS
CV48
CV52AL
AER
Xact air
Xact pro-spring
Xact pro-air

KYB: forks since 2009 to keep pace with/outperform the above

SSS.
Hmmm. Soooo,the AOS, PSF, PSF2? I guess the conventional forks were pre-2009 so don't count?

I hear you on WP possibly "trying too hard" and stuffing up, but I have to say I like the idea of trying new stuff. It would have been nice if they hadn't used us as their guinea pigs though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-07-2019
Gypsy501's Avatar
Gypsy501 Gypsy501 is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jallopy View Post
Im surprised that TROLL Gypsy501 hasn't showed up here yet


Iím still here brother-I said to myself il back of for awhile and give you Gasgas Beta & Yamaha owners some more time to deal with your heartache .


Iím running for shelter now




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-07-2019
Gypsy501's Avatar
Gypsy501 Gypsy501 is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZZA View Post
Mate it's early morning in Austria, he hasn't clocked in to work at KTM headquarters yet.......


Haha thatís gold


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-07-2019
oldboy's Avatar
oldboy oldboy is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: cyclone alley
Posts: 2,858
Too many "engineers" ??

You've heard the old chestnut about engineers??

You can always tell an engineer.....

But you can't tell them much !!!!

I refuse to use a Capital on the term engineer, as the profession has been so downgraded in the last 30 or so years, many Tradies have SUPERIOR SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE.

The majority of highly skilled engineers have retired. We are left with the current generation of ???????????

Just my 35 Years of Trade Experience
__________________
NO WUCKIN FURRIES.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-07-2019
Cuffie's Avatar
Cuffie Cuffie is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 1,200
Speaking of WP forks does anyone have access or know where I can foind them the height dimensions of the different model forks ?
__________________
Current Rides

2019 Husqvarna Tx300

2017 Husqvarna Fx350
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-07-2019
ggg's Avatar
ggg ggg is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adelaide N.E
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffie View Post
Speaking of WP forks does anyone have access or know where I can foind them the height dimensions of the different model forks ?
they will fit in a wheelie bin no problems

maybe the question should be out of all those WP model which one were any good out of the box
__________________
Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
Huskly lovin bike whore
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 13-07-2019
Von's Avatar
Von Von is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldboy View Post
I refuse to use a Capital on the term engineer, as the profession has been so downgraded in the last 30 or so years, many Tradies have SUPERIOR SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE.

The majority of highly skilled engineers have retired. We are left with the current generation of ???????????

Just my 35 Years of Trade Experience
I agree with you and it applies equally to the current new generation of tradies.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15-07-2019
nibble's Avatar
nibble nibble is offline
dbw Factory Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von View Post
I agree with you and it applies equally to the current new generation of tradies.
And mechanics.
__________________
Spiral out...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 16-07-2019
cluffie cluffie is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: melbourne
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
they will fit in a wheelie bin no problems

maybe the question should be out of all those WP model which one were any good out of the box
I'd say the cc, most of the oc and 19on xplor are very good as delivered if your in the correct weight range (75-85kgs fully geared up including a full backpack if carried).
4cs worst followed by the17 xplor.
As most are outside this a tuner is needed. Faster riders and racers will just about all seek a tuner to get better performance.
Never ridden cv48 but they are top shelf expensive options.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 16-07-2019
dwb79's Avatar
dwb79 dwb79 is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ph: 041-REVALVE
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldboy View Post
Too many "engineers" ??

You've heard the old chestnut about engineers??

You can always tell an engineer.....

But you can't tell them much !!!!

I refuse to use a Capital on the term engineer, as the profession has been so downgraded in the last 30 or so years, many Tradies have SUPERIOR SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE.

The majority of highly skilled engineers have retired. We are left with the current generation of ???????????

Just my 35 Years of Trade Experience

I've just finished rebuilding 3x Fox shocks from a SxS and a quad. All of these shocks use a 5/8" shaft, yet they all have different seals. A lack of generic parts is a common issue with the Fox shocks.

Apparently, Fox USA go through a lot of engineers. A freshly graduated or newly employed engineer needs to prove themselves. Sometimes they do this by reinventing the wheel unnecessarily. Perhaps this is what is happening at Fox, and maybe even at WP.

At least WP, Showa and KYB continue to use the same shaft seals for years. It makes my parts inventory and rebuild times much better than with Fox.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The USD fork seal guide Luke_N Tech Talk 44 16-01-2014 11:37 AM
AMA MX TV Guide Smarty Competition & Racing 2 27-05-2006 09:55 AM
AMA SX TV guide Smarty General Bike Related Discussion 3 06-03-2006 09:44 PM
The fork seal guide (draft) Luke_N Tech Talk 14 20-10-2005 11:07 AM
First bike guide, buyers guide Taeliesyn Suggestions 2 25-08-2005 09:06 AM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.