dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Addict

Post Election Me-too-ism!

So the election is over and the Libs now say they should have signed Kyoto, not introduced work choices and need to have a planned withdrawl from Iraq.

The Stock market must not see much change in the future as it gained 2.2% on Monday despite many preaching the fears of a decline.

And now the Libs appoint an ex-labour man as leader. His grand-father was a communist, his dad was a union man, his business partner was Simon Crean's brother. I think I have seen the vid clip of him yelling "I never voted Liberal" half a dozen times already. And even worse he rides a Triumph!!!!!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...29/2105640.htm

Maybe we need the Democrats back to "keep the bastards seperate"????

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.
It will be actioned much faster than sending a PM to me or another moderator.

2018 KTM & Husky 250/300 JD Jetting Kits now in stock!
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Legend

Politicians are all the same, every 3 years we get a long list of excuses why they lost. Sounds a bit like Tander after the last V8 super car round.

Force Accessories
Club Mud 51

Formally: husky 450
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Legend

Yep we'll see how this mob does things eh!
Got sick of hearing the libs whip emselves into a frenzy about how much surplus funds they'd achieved, whilst the hospitals, public transport, education, Police etc is falling apart!
I reckon that Howard and his co accused will go down in history as being a bit on the dark side, slightly sinister! Evil almost, as far as he treated the common workers of this country!

2004 KLR650 easyrider, for the longhaul

03 WR450 GONE
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshy View Post
Yep we'll see how this mob does things eh!
Got sick of hearing the libs whip emselves into a frenzy about how much surplus funds they'd achieved, whilst the hospitals, public transport, education, Police etc is falling apart!
Urgghhhhh I cant really be fugged anymore but......THEY ARE ALL STATE LABOUR ISSUES What was I saying the other day about people not being fit to vote.....
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogs View Post
Urgghhhhh I cant really be fugged anymore but......THEY ARE ALL STATE LABOUR ISSUES What was I saying the other day about people not being fit to vote.....
And the states got the GST and wasted it.
Did you know Rudd was head of QLD health?
Appointed by Beatty to fix it which never happened as we know.
Beatty just changed the laws so we could not see the stats of how long the waiting lists are.
The only thing labs got in on was signing Kyoto was is a waste of time but he said it may make others sign it.

Now that Labor has played every card they have to get into power, appointing a women for IR who does not know how business works, a rock star who is a radical with no common sence, a telly presenter with no knowledge of how to run a country.
Now Rudd has the job of keeping them under control which he won't,
hence why we never seen these people during the election because they used to shoot themselves in the foot all the time.

The new libs guy seems ok to me, he knows how labor works so you fight fire with fire.
Put a chick in against Gillard as Gillard would run to the poor women thing if she was against a guy.
Turnbull for finance great move, Swans got no back bone and turnbulls speaks in average mans words and it a mentally tougher guy than Swan.

The thing is libs have pushed the economy thing so as soon as it turns towards the down hill spiral labs are on the back foot.
Alot of things that Liberals have brought in Rudd is keeping,
because Rudd knows he can not change too much as the way the economy is going.

The states have had opportunities to run things and had money, hence why libs wanted to take over the hospitals, the lady from AMA said she liked the libs idea better than labs as in taking over the hospitals, state labs would not let that happen, now rudds in he is doing it and the states are letting him do it.
That shows me all the states were doing was playing politics for there own self gain for help labs get into federal.
So who does labor really care about?
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASUYAHO View Post
So who does labor really care about?
XR650R riders
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

The share market is looking very shakey this week.. I've lost about 4% of my portfolio since the weekend. Thinking of selling everything up and going for a CMT for the interest and inflation increases next year.
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdisco View Post
I've lost about 4% of my portfolio since the weekend.
You lose NOTHING unless you sell.....
02 520exc.
99 540sxc
96 620gs[/color]
84 250 H7 MONTESA
81 RM125 SUZUKI
Destined for a life behind bars....
M.A. accredited level 1 Coach....
Inventor of the 'nana!
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Champion

Typically I don't bother with local politics... preparing to look at the big picture.
As said in a previous post: The biggest challenge facing our new leadership will be the implosion of America.
Typically those condemned cannibals will consume everyone else; allie and friend alike, in order to further there relentless,
utterly selfish, unsustainable and thoroughly bankrupt consumerism.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/nov2007/sep-n23.shtml
"Throughout the campaign there has been a conspiracy of silence between all the major parties and the media over the most vital issue confronting ordinary working people—the eruption of US militarism and the threat of a new world war. Just as in the 1930s, relations between the major powers—the US, Europe, the Asian powers, Russia—have descended into bitter rivalries over resources and strategic influence. Every part of the globe has become the arena of conflict and mounting tensions—from the Middle East to the South Pacific; from the Balkans to Africa and Latin America. As his administration prepares for an assault on Iran, President Bush has already twice delivered a warning—directed especially at Russia and other US rivals in the region—that Iran may become the trigger for World War III."

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/nov2007/sep-n23.shtml
"No-one should be under any illusions about the stance of an incoming Rudd Labor government. Like Howard’s coalition, it will unconditionally back the US occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan and participate in further US-led attacks. Australian forces are already deeply involved in preparations for war against Iran, and opposition leader Kevin Rudd, if he wins, will immediately place his stamp of approval on their criminal activities. Likewise, with the support of the Greens, he will maintain and extend the Howard government’s neo-colonial interventions into East Timor, the Solomon Islands and other Pacific states, in order to advance Australian and US financial and strategic interests in the region".

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle18777.htm
Professor Nouriel Roubini: Stern School of Business; New York University.
"It is increasingly clear by now that a severe U.S. recession is inevitable in next few months...
I now see the risk of a severe and worsening liquidity and credit crunch leading to a generalized meltdown of the financial system of a severity and magnitude like we have never observed before".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai.../ccliam125.xml
"The greenback has now dropped so far, and has so much further to fall, that its decline is of profound political importance.
The dollar isn't any old currency. And it isn't just the currency of the biggest economy on earth.
The dollar is the world's "reserve currency" -- which means central banks everywhere use it to stockpile wealth.
No less than two-thirds of all sovereign foreign exchange holdings are denominated in dollars.
On a trade-weighted basis, the currency has, in four years, lost a third of its value.
Over the past seven years, the Euro has risen by a shocking 82 per cent against the greenback."

http://www.rense.com/general79/reck.htm
"The Bush administration has been a catastrophe. Its failures are unprecedented. The US is deeply in debt and dependent on foreign creditors. The dollar has lost 60 per cent of its value against other tradable currencies, and its reserve currency status,
the basis of American power, is in doubt."

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7413
"The $690 billion worth of “interest only” Adjustable Rate Mortgages (ARMs) due for interest rate hike between now and July 2008 are by and large not Sub-prime but a little higher quality, but only just. There are a total of $1.4 trillion in “interest only” ARMs according to the US research firm, First American Loan Performance. A recent study calculates that, as these ARMs face staggering higher interest costs in the next 9 months, more than $325 billion of the loans will default leaving 1 million property owners in technical mortgage default.
But if banks are unable to reclaim the homes as assets to offset the non-performing mortgages, the US banking system and a chunk of the global banking system faces a financial gridlock that will make events to date truly “peanuts” by comparison".

Bye.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 30-11-2007
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyone View Post
Typically I don't bother with local politics... preparing to look at the big picture.
As said in a previous post: The biggest challenge facing our new leadership will be the implosion of America.
Typically those condemned cannibals will consume everyone else; allie and friend alike, in order to further there relentless,
utterly selfish, unsustainable and thoroughly bankrupt consumerism.
You forget to take your medication again? yawn.......