dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 10-08-2010
dbw Factory Pro

is bush riding better then MX ??

Since I just made the switch, I thought that I might throw the question out there..

I used to ride a CRF450 on MX track and race as well for years, but I got fed up of all the new rules like...you have to do yellow flag on practise day, you have to water the track on practise day and then you miss a session, so instead of 4 sessions of 15min, you do 3 sessions, so it is just 45min and you have to pay membership & fees...plus all the waiting between sessions or races

Don't get me wrong, I love riding the track, it is just everything else around it

On the other hand, I just bought a KTM250exc, did my first bush ride (85kms with RobKTM) and did not have to pay entry fees, and had plenty of hours of riding, no waiting, it was quite technical,

the only complaint was that we did a river crossing and I got wet feet for the rest of the ride (I hate riding with wet feet)

I did the sprint race at erica last sunday, and the single trail was great, we had sighting lap plus 5 laps, so it was 1h30 riding for $40, and I did not have to do yellow flag...

I am missing the jump though
Bush ride with jumps will be heaven...

2012 SHERCO 300
09 KTM 250exc
08 CRF 450R
06 CRF 450R
04 CRF 250R
97 YZ 125
Old 10-08-2010
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
Since I just made the switch, I thought that I might throw the question out there..

I used to ride a CRF450 on MX track and race as well for years, but I got fed up of all the new rules like...you have to do yellow flag on practise day, you have to water the track on practise day and then you miss a session, so instead of 4 sessions of 15min, you do 3 sessions, so it is just 45min and you have to pay membership & fees...plus all the waiting between sessions or races

Don't get me wrong, I love riding the track, it is just everything else around it

On the other hand, I just bought a KTM250exc, did my first bush ride (85kms with RobKTM) and did not have to pay entry fees, and had plenty of hours of riding, no waiting, it was quite technical,

the only complaint was that we did a river crossing and I got wet feet for the rest of the ride (I hate riding with wet feet)

I did the sprint race at erica last sunday, and the single trail was great, we had sighting lap plus 5 laps, so it was 1h30 riding for $40, and I did not have to do yellow flag...

I am missing the jump though
Bush ride with jumps will be heaven...
You won't get the buzz of heading into the first corner in a big pack, plenty of erosion mounds to jump at Kinglake West, lack of regulations and set times is whats best about the bush.

Is the bush better, that's up to the individual, it's different.
Old 10-08-2010
dbw Pro Addict

Bush riding is as slow or as fast as you make it.

Never raced MX, but I love bush riding, it's fun testing your skills on all types of terrain, trying to be unstoppable
https://paypal.me/dreamfieldtheory
Old 10-08-2010
DBW Clubman

I used to ride bush a lot when I was a kid, and it's just awesome. I've taken up racing this year (MX) and it's certainly a different thrill. 70+ foot jumps are new to me that's for sure! I don't like the attitude surrounding MX, there's a lot of wank/pissing contests in the pits, but it's tolerable so far.

The thing I miss most is seeing new terrain and having to pick lines on the fly. There's nothing quite like holding it pinned, not knowing what's around the next corner, down trails you've never seen before.

I don't think I've ever used top gear on the KTM, but as a kid on the old Husky 125 I used to rarely get below 5th down the fire trails at home. Oh the memories of clipping gumtrees with the handlebars at 120 clicks. Young and stupid haha.
Old 10-08-2010
dbw Pro Legend

bush ridings fun especially when ur with a good bunch of ******s like meself eh
Old 10-08-2010
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member

I still remember the day my uncle took me for a trail ride for the first time. I had raced motocross for a few years before that, but after enjoying the thrill and adventure and the constant 'newness' of riding in the bush, I never looked back at MX.

Trail riding is infinately radder than mx.

My mate Cruikshank reckons the opposite, and he is quite good at mx, but he has actually cried on more than one occasion on a trail ride

The in between is mine"

~Eddie Vedder
Old 10-08-2010
DBW Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSphinx View Post
Bush riding is as slow or as fast as you make it.

Never raced MX, but I love bush riding, it's fun testing your skills on all types of terrain, trying to be unstoppable
I'm with you DarkSphinx!!! No two rides are ever the same.
Old 10-08-2010
DBW Expert

U will work it out for urself once u do more enduro stuff in the bush and you will probaly enjoy the bush more as you get older at a guess.....
Old 10-08-2010
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

depends on the track..............
Old 10-08-2010
dbw Pro Champion

No way! Give me MX anyday. There is nothing better than sitting on a start gate along side 39 other bikes all heading to the same corner at the same time. Bush riding is for old people

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED View Post
I don't like the attitude surrounding MX, there's a lot of wank/pissing contests in the pits, but it's tolerable so far.

There is more of that stuff on here amongst trailriders than I have ever experienced racing mx. You cant argue with the results at the end of the day