dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > KTM Forum

KTM Forum If it's Orange it's in here. Proudly sponsored by www.mainjet.com.au

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 23-10-2018
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna Echidna is offline
DBW Expert
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tomerong
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy501 View Post
Lol, yep the younger generation of trail riders, we have heated grips, heated vests, no vibration 2t , nice plush Xplore forks , they donít build us tough like you old blokes anymore


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeh Pete is getting long in the tooth. He might be talking about the plush suspension on his Harley. Old people get confused easily😁😂🤣
__________________
KTM EXC 300 2012
KTm Rc 390 2016
ktm Exc 300 Tpi 2019
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 23-10-2018
Nutty Nutty is offline
The "One" and only
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 12,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy501 View Post
Lol, yep the younger generation of trail riders, we have heated grips, heated vests, no vibration 2t , nice mush Xplore forks , they donít build us tough like you old blokes anymore
Fixed...
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 25-10-2018
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna Echidna is offline
DBW Expert
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tomerong
Posts: 562
Alright finally booked in with Terry hay on the 15th november.
Lowering the bike and Fixing xplor both ends. Happy days😁😁😁😁
__________________
KTM EXC 300 2012
KTm Rc 390 2016
ktm Exc 300 Tpi 2019
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 25-10-2018
disco's Avatar
disco disco is online now
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In an existential vacuum.
Posts: 20,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
Alright finally booked in with Terry hay on the 15th november.
Lowering the bike and Fixing xplor both ends. Happy days😁😁😁😁
Great to hear Which "xplor fix" you going with ?
__________________
All I ever wanted was a spamburger.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 25-10-2018
Nutty Nutty is offline
The "One" and only
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 12,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
Yeh Pete is getting long in the tooth. He might be talking about the plush suspension on his Harley. Old people get confused easily😁😂🤣
My HD has Ohlins rear and Showa fronts with WP OC carts. It goes down dirt roads at 100km/h better than most modern dirt bikes. It's also very low Adam, perfect for you Bro...
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 25-10-2018
Craigy's Avatar
Craigy Craigy is online now
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
My HD has Ohlins rear and Showa fronts with WP OC carts. It goes down dirt roads at 100km/h better than most modern dirt bikes. It's also very low Adam, perfect for you Bro...
Sprung/unsprung ratio makes a big difference to comfort, XR600s are really comfortable at speed compared to light weight bikes on rough dirt roads.

You already know this Nutty but it explains why the fat bastard on the 500 (Gedsar) can power past you on the chopped out high speed track while your trying to stay on line.
__________________
CRF 100F 2004

Last edited by Craigy; 25-10-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 25-10-2018
Nutty Nutty is offline
The "One" and only
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 12,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
Sprung/unsprung ratio makes a big difference to comfort, XR600s are really comfortable at speed compared to light weight bikes on rough dirt roads.

You already know this Nutty but it explains why the fat bastard on the 500 (Gedsar) can power past you on the chopped out high speed track while your trying to stay on line.
All true. In Geds' case, being a far better rider, 20 years younger and having triple the motor gyro doesn't hurt either.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-11-2018
gedsar's Avatar
gedsar gedsar is offline
dbw Pro Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: singleton
Posts: 2,331
Oi you pair of old bastards i go offline for years, come back and your still calling me fat.
__________________
'19 TE300
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 A4DE? When, where? Spac Competition & Racing 89 2 Weeks Ago 02:45 PM
TM 2019 2-t - look out!! gibnut TM, Ossa, Aprilia, BMW, Maico & more 32 11-12-2018 09:46 AM
Ktm Tpi 300 2019 Echidna KTM Forum 28 20-10-2018 10:15 PM
2019 kx450 icebergstu Kawasaki Forum 8 15-06-2018 08:44 AM
ABS (and CBS) mandatory for new bikes as of Nov 2019 Rebuild General Bike Related Discussion 4 06-12-2017 04:11 PM


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.