dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw's Junior Dirtbikers

dbw's Junior Dirtbikers For the youngsters that will be roosting the rest of us one day.

Old 19-10-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
Time to get him off that tank and onto a proper enduro Pete, Ryan is on a 2011 KTM200 now, 40 hrs in and smashing it
Ha, ha. He loves his tank, Greg :-) That said, he doesn't mind slinging his leg over my 300 and letting me bumble along behind on his 230. Have to admit though, it's an awesome wheelie machine!
That's impressive about Ryan, mate. You claiming it all being down to him having such a good coach :-)
Looks like I'll be down your way on the Oct long weekend, next year. I've got a 40th to go to in Sth Nowra.
Maybe you can rustle up a couple of bikes and Ryan can lead us around some of his favorite Wandie / Yarwall trails?
Certified 2smokebloke
"Never argue with an idiot ! They'll bash you down to their level and beat you with experience everytime !!!"
Wasted Space,
Wasted Space,
Wasted Space...(Just for you Benny)
Old 20-10-2014
Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300pete View Post
Ha, ha. He loves his tank, Greg :-) That said, he doesn't mind slinging his leg over my 300 and letting me bumble along behind on his 230. Have to admit though, it's an awesome wheelie machine!
That's impressive about Ryan, mate. You claiming it all being down to him having such a good coach :-)
Looks like I'll be down your way on the Oct long weekend, next year. I've got a 40th to go to in Sth Nowra.
Maybe you can rustle up a couple of bikes and Ryan can lead us around some of his favorite Wandie / Yarwall trails?
stay an extra day and bring your bikes..
Old 20-10-2014
dbw Pro Legend

Will work on it and let you know closer to the date.
Certified 2smokebloke
"Never argue with an idiot ! They'll bash you down to their level and beat you with experience everytime !!!"
Wasted Space,
Wasted Space,
Wasted Space...(Just for you Benny)
Old 22-10-2014
DBW Expert

thanks all for the input

took the young bloke bike shopping,
as expected KLX110 was too tall as was the TTR110,
Honda sales guys were pretty average plus the CRF50 is kick only

went to the yamaha dealership, PW50 was a bit too cramped for him,

got him on a TTR50-e and he can get tip toes of both feet on the ground at the same time and he can haul it upright from a good lean, my young fella said he liked it the best, combined with the run out sales on the 2014 TTR50 down from $2200 to $1690, that's what "santa" will be signing up for this weekend
Old 23-10-2014
DBW Expert

The little 4 strokes are top heavy and the noise travels much further. I hate the way that when kids fall over on them they just lay there pinned to the ground, sometimes squealing away. Just like an adult dropping a Harley on himself.

If your kid will stay on 4 strokes for ages, then get the KLX110. Simply cheaper. Most pitbikes use KLX plastic and seats which means you can change the colour of your KLX for under $100.

If you want your son to eventually learn how to ride on a bike that is agile and occasionally loose, like an 85cc MX bike, then it's the PW80 all the way. Whisper quiet, light and handles great. Spare parts are insanely cheap too. Aftermarket everything on ebay and elsewhere.
Old 23-10-2014
Foot long Sav

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
thanks all for the input

took the young bloke bike shopping,
as expected KLX110 was too tall as was the TTR110,
Honda sales guys were pretty average plus the CRF50 is kick only

went to the yamaha dealership, PW50 was a bit too cramped for him,

got him on a TTR50-e and he can get tip toes of both feet on the ground at the same time and he can haul it upright from a good lean, my young fella said he liked it the best, combined with the run out sales on the 2014 TTR50 down from $2200 to $1690, that's what "santa" will be signing up for this weekend
Great news.

I can touch the ground tip toed on a 14 350EXC and pick it up from a drop, will you be my dad?

Pretty stupid on the Honda shops part, a bloke comes in with his son, sizing up mini bikes two months before Xmas.

Make sure you post some Xmas morning pics.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.

The opposite of success isn't failure, it's 'giving up'.