dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 2 Days Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Nah: It'll only/merely be a trickle coming out: A mere-constant ooze for-in bed.
Maybe superfluous, time will tell, yet/for $70, if my life is at-risk, happy to pay.
Oxygen isn't dangerous by-itself in-that it-isn't a fuel, yet it-will combust a fuel.
=================================================

I looked at Disposables too poper... Thanks for that btw.
I sussed new fittings/regulator would blow-out my costs.
An ordinary tap/type/knob wouldn't cut the mustard imo.

If I didn't already have the Regulator.. I'd go that route?
An Air-compressor's Regulator maybe adapted.. maybe?
I'm lazy & cheap: So I went with what I know and have.

Edit: The bottle I have is apparently 3000 psi.
Whilst it's unlikely to explode... I won't fiddle.
I'm contemplating decanting some for friends.
============================

This thread maybe becoming convoluted Pete40:
If you're raising/referring you need to cite/quote.
An aside:- Our Border-Force-Boss impressed me:

Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 2 Days Ago
dbw Pro Addict

Location: Mt Druitt West, used to live in Mt Druitt East, also lived in Mt Druitt North and South.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyone View Post
I did/went 6 busses today, 3 there & 3 back.
Got myself a 17kg "D size" bottle of Oxygen.
$70+ a $200 deposit-refundable for 2 years.

Also $15 5mm nylon tubing and T-bends.
Already have the Oxy hose/regulator etc.
Bus-bloke at the terminus said you F-off.

He chased/hunted me 300m to next-stop.
Heavy & awkward to lug yet I got it done.
My plan is supplemental O2 whilst asleep.
Can get small disposable oxy bottles for the hotdevil welders for $20 or so. Canberra bus drivers really suck...
Old 2 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

@tom68

"they" in the post I made was a bunch of worldwide government departments, the CSIRO in Australia's case. It was legit.
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Location: The Barossa -Where gods, if they existed, would make Shiraz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
I was looking at retiring in the next 12months. Not now, Super is loosing everyday with no sign of easing up. Could cut my losses and cash out now but have to retire to do it, I think my job is secure and think that might be a good thing to stick to it, Even if it means working another 2 years and hope things bounce back!!
Whatever you do don't cash out now, it would be close to the worst time. Your super investments may be down at the moment and selling them will convert that to a real loss in your pocket. The market will recover after this world wide crisis is over, it always has after every crash, even the great depression, be patient.

If you choose to stop or reduce working, there should not be any reason that you have to cash out all of your super straight away. Unless you need the money to pay off debt in order to reduce working, you should be able to leave it there until things get better.

Your super fund should be able to provide a financial advisor to speak to regarding your transition to retirement. If you take all your super out and put it in the bank you will only get 1-2% interest, if you put it in a diversified share portfolio or index fund like VAS you should get 6-10% over the long term, with minimal tax if done correctly.

I wish I had more spare cash in the bank to buy shares at the bottom of the market, times like these are when fortunes (big or small) can be made or lost, depending on the decisions made.

2012 'Berg 300

1982 CR250RC PROJECT (wefixulongtime)

ArielMCC

Whenever I try to make something idiot proof - Along comes a smarter idiot!

Last edited by mollystaff; 1 Day Ago at 09:37 AM.
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Hero

CORONA CRUISES book now

Hiding from this virus is a guarunteed way to eventually spread it to almost everybody and massively overwhelm the health system. Just prolonging the inevitable.

We need to put every out of work healthy under 40 person on Cruise ships, infect them on the way on and bring them back in a month when they're no longer contagious.

Last edited by Tom68; 1 Day Ago at 12:09 PM.
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibnut View Post
Yeah, for sure - people that care about the threat a warming climate poses to humankind will be really sad if the Covid-19 disruptions donít temporarily drop Carbon Dioxide & pollution levels.

Iíd say itís more likely people who are in denial like you will be soiling themselves if C02 levels drop - because then your conspiracy theory crap that human activity & burning fossil fuels has nothing to do with climate change will be laid bare as the complete folly it is.
Typical NFI response to trot out the denier line. If your not on the alarmist bandwaggon, you can only be an denier.

I never mentioned a stance on climate change, just a disbelief in the alarmist crap, which if you actually bothered to follow the science (as is the alarmist catch cry) you'll see where the majority of scientific opinion really lies.

The true deniers are the ones ignoring science. Like the irrefutable, pier reviewed, undeniable conclusion from the vast majority of climate scientists that the Mann 'Hockey Stick' graph is incorrect. Or that the computer modelling used is incapable of matching actual climactic conditions when trying to establish a measurable baseline.

In this instance, science will tell you an instant temperature change is not possible. The alarmists have been telling us so from the get go with assertions that if human CO2 completely stopped tomorrow, it would take decades to see the difference. How can that change now?

Time may very well show a difference though, but we actually don't know.

It's extremely positive to see a huge reduction in pollution emissions (not counting CO2), but then again, that's not the focus of the climate alarmist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanator27 View Post
Lol!! He's kind of got you there Trent.
No, you actually need fact to do that. Considering his original post is a physical impossibility and he's made wild and inaccurate assumptions on my position on the matter, I fail to see where the fact is.
Like Us On Facebook

Last edited by tmac450; 1 Day Ago at 10:59 AM.
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Champion

I hope all of QLD refuses to go to the polls on the weekend.

What a monumentally idiotic move for Annastacia Palaszczuk to insist on going ahead with something as trivial as an election while at the same time complaining about people going to the park together.

The opposition is just as stupid for going along with it.
Like Us On Facebook
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac450 View Post
I hope all of QLD refuses to go to the polls on the weekend.

What a monumentally idiotic move for Annastacia Palaszczuk to insist on going ahead with something as trivial as an election while at the same time complaining about people going to the park together.

The opposition is just as stupid for going along with it.
Basic politics at play. They are more interested in getting a result in the 2 concurrent by elections.
They don't really give a flying **** about the people of Queensland or the Councils.

"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical minority and promoted by mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member, Seeker of the burger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollystaff View Post
Whatever you do don't cash out now, it would be close to the worst time. Your super investments may be down at the moment and selling them will convert that to a real loss in your pocket. The market will recover after this world wide crisis is over, it always has after every crash, even the great depression, be patient.

If you choose to stop or reduce working, there should not be any reason that you have to cash out all of your super straight away. Unless you need the money to pay off debt in order to reduce working, you should be able to leave it there until things get better.

Your super fund should be able to provide a financial advisor to speak to regarding your transition to retirement. If you take all your super out and put it in the bank you will only get 1-2% interest, if you put it in a diversified share portfolio or index fund like VAS you should get 6-10% over the long term, with minimal tax if done correctly.

I wish I had more spare cash in the bank to buy shares at the bottom of the market, times like these are when fortunes (big or small) can be made or lost, depending on the decisions made.
Few points Molly....

Share Supply - People will be allowed to dump out 10-20k of their super.

Share Demand - 5% of the countries wages going into shares every day - this will halve (or more).

Black swan event - This is when something happens that has never happened before. You can't begin to guess how it will play out because there is no data from this ever happening before.

Double dips and dead cat bounces - the Market always tries to recover too quickly, only to see reality set in later.

Asymmetrical risk - the risk of the market going down is greater than the gain of the market going up.

You're basically buying into the market in the most uncertain time in it's history. In terms of the Corona story playing out - we are 5% into the story book.

Also the sharemarket was already overpriced. The potential upside is if Australia deals with corona well and international investors flood into our market.

Not suggesting to sell out, just be wary of buying in.
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Champion

We have a new winning COVID-19 song

https://www.facebook.com/neepid/vide...317548933/?t=0
Like Us On Facebook