dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Beta Forum

Beta Forum My bike is Beta than yours!

Old 27-08-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi
Then regardless of what you buy it's not hard to spend another grand or two on all the pretty parts...Overall the kit isn't bad value.. given it's also sprung to your weight and likely won't need to be revalved.

At the same time, you can buy other bikes with suspension that works just as well out of the box.
Price of a WR250F and 800 schooners...

At $16K it's still good value IMO.
Old 27-08-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Price of a WR250F and 800 schooners...

At $16K it's still good value IMO.
You've been loving the new Yammies Pete! I have been saying for ages I'd like to go back to a Yamahaha 250F again, and then I go and buy another 250 Gasser..
Old 28-08-2018
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by c w View Post
Buy a sherco ser 300
You won't regret it
Deposit paid. Bring on September.
Old 28-08-2018
DBW Expert

There are a lot of people swapping brands. This should be a major concern for Manufacturers. No brand loyalty usually points at unhappy customers.
I think gone are the day's of turning up to rides to a sea of Orange. ( most are 300"s).
Old 28-08-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
You've been loving the new Yammies Pete! I have been saying for ages I'd like to go back to a Yamahaha 250F again, and then I go and buy another 250 Gasser..
I'm a fussy bastard with bike setup and detailing Jake, mates will attest. Both the FXs we've had (2017 and 2018) have had a FMF can, mapping to suit and that's it. Bog stock. Maddo sets them up to suit himself and then Josh and I leave them as is. Three riders, Pro, old fart Clubman and Wood-duck all can't fault them. I'm getting a rego'd FX in the '19 model.

I think a Beta would really suit Echidna, I feel cramped on them but he's a tad shorter than me. He'll be in ACT and there's a capable dealer in Yass. It'll be good to have the little ****er local again, I can ride over on my HD.
Old 28-08-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
There are a lot of people swapping brands. This should be a major concern for Manufacturers. No brand loyalty usually points at unhappy customers.
I think gone are the day's of turning up to rides to a sea of Orange. ( most are 300"s).
I don't think it's that Adam, no industry has had a significant pay rise in many years. We're being gouged everywhere. If a quality brand is $2-3K cheaper than Katoomsky, it'll sell.

KTM have tried to innovate and add value to justify their hefty RRP. But..in many ways they've gone sideways and the others are catching up technically, at a cheaper price point.
Old 28-08-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
Brand swapping is more about being spoiled for choice, rather than unhappy punters.
Maybe dealer dissatisfaction is a thing, I dunno.

My next new bike will almost certainly be a <200cc off road 2T, so a pretty obscure niche in the market. for the first time in ages, there's four different bikes (from three different brands) to choose from.
If I didn't want rego, then there's even more choices.
And none of them are obviously dogs - all are worthy of consideration.
Old 28-08-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
I don't think it's that Adam, no industry has had a significant pay rise in many years. We're being gouged everywhere. If a quality brand is $2-3K cheaper than Katoomsky, it'll sell.

KTM have tried to innovate and add value to justify their hefty RRP. But..in many ways they've gone sideways and the others are catching up technically, at a cheaper price point.
Bang on! There are other manufacturers offering some nice bikes at much more reasonable prices. Even if they need a bit more work to get them 'ready to race' (which they all do; even the ones who claim they don't).. the savings up front more than cover that and still leave you ahead.
Old 28-08-2018
DBW Expert

Quote:

I just cant beleive I am even looking at other brands. Honestly when Deb said she got the job in Canberra. I was thinking great Ktm 450 here i come.
Now im heading to Wights at yass when i get down to check out the Beta line up.
When i threw my leg over the Sherco . The -10mm seat height for me made such a difference. Cant wait to check out Beta's.
Old 28-08-2018
DBW Expert

Ps I cant wait to Catch up with all the South Coast lads. So many top lads. Im sure they have missed The short legged antics of the Echidna. Pete has been throwing in the Pee wee comments already.