dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > KTM Forum

KTM Forum If it's Orange it's in here. Proudly sponsored by www.mainjet.com.au

Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I was going to point to the recent discussion here on DBW on stator issues with these models... but with the little description I kept it simple and fuel/air focused. It could well be deteriorated spark. OP may benefit reading that recent thread a couple weeks ago.
The kill switch/wire issue for example, I have seen happen when warmed up but the engine won't start again until cooled down. It's a tricky one for sure.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Champion

a bit of a drive but take it to Brisbane Dirtbike Services in Capalaba, Quinton Milton is an ex factory Kawasaki, Honda and KTM enduro rider. He has riden and raced KTM 2 strokes most of his life brilliant mechanic.
His business partner Marty was the head mechanic for the Serco race team and also for Kawasaki they both know their bikes, Honest, reliable they will sort it for you
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow View Post
a bit of a drive but take it to Brisbane Dirtbike Services in Capalaba, Quinton Milton is an ex factory Kawasaki, Honda and KTM enduro rider. He has ridden and raced KTM 2 strokes most of his life brilliant mechanic.
His business partner Marty was the head mechanic for the Serco race team and also for Kawasaki they both know their bikes, Honest, reliable they will sort it for you
That's where it ended up.
Water in fuel tank from a dud servo. took it out for a ride & it started ran for a bit & then did not want to run off the bottom. Got it back to car almost. Took it home & find water between filter & carb. Looks like it had been drawn through after last wash. So I literally pulled everything rear of carb off clean every thing reseat airbox boot & put it back together. Won't start. No spark. Coil off & put my 300's on. fires first kick. Put the dud coil on mine. Fires first kick. . I'm calling stator is on its way out after reading the thread on those today.
Tell you what. It'll be a near new bike by the time I get it sorted