dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 23-09-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Now that's a Thumbnail that makes you want to watch this video :-)
Old 28-09-2019
dbw Pro Legend

a bit of fun with one of the deceptively tricky bits on our tracks... especially when wet. and a special feature is some cheer leaders.

Old 28-09-2019
dbw Pro Legend

and in a similar vein to the previous vid, a nasty gully on one of our properties that was just discovered... including a slightly claustrophobic 'tunnel' that required some very weird body positioning lol.

Old 12-10-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Revisiting the skid plate technique for getting over large logs... including our dreaded suspended log!

In the forest no one can hear you scream. Well actually they can, they just won't come to rescue you lol.

Old 17-10-2019
dbw Pro Legend

KTM buys 60% stake in Gas Gas

Plenty of mixed feelings about KTM buying 60% of Gas Gas recently.

If Gas Gas was going to go under, then overall it must be better that it survives in one form or another (if it's not gutted like Husqvarna and Husaberg were). But there's certainly plenty of opinions out there about KTM establishing too much of a monopoly on the European side of things. What do you guys think?

Old 18-10-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bergman View Post
Plenty of mixed feelings about KTM buying 60% of Gas Gas recently.

If Gas Gas was going to go under, then overall it must be better that it survives in one form or another (if it's not gutted like Husqvarna and Husaberg were). But there's certainly plenty of opinions out there about KTM establishing too much of a monopoly on the European side of things. What do you guys think?

Great vid as always. Well done.
Saddened by the concept; hopeful that the Bultaco / Gas Gas heritage will continue (maybe).
Smart move by KTM though.
Will you now start making Torrot mobility scooter vids, extreme or otherwise?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Graham Jarvis & the condom catheter

Ever wondered what the pro hard enduro riders do when nature calls? Graham Jarvis discusses this with Larry Murray in an excerpt from Checkpoints, the 42 min dirt doco.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Interesting debate on Facebook recently...

Often a single track is created with some challenging bits. If you aren't too skilled yet, is it okay to dig holes with your rear wheel if you are struggling?

Is it okay to create a chicken track around the tough bit? Is there any problem with just removing the obstacle to make the track easier?

Keen to hear what you guys think.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I am only relatively new to marking tracks. It does take a lot of effort to walk a section & clear and mark (& sometimes re-mark, due to poor line selection ) a km of s/t, particularly in steep & rocky terrain. My tracks are probably Gd 3.5 to occasionally 4 and hard to flog out cos they are rocky mainly & on the down-low..

However, wherever our group rides, there are usually easier ways* for less adventurous riders to go around & re-join. This allows everybody to enjoy their ride. I have no hesitation whatsoever in jumping on a bike & helping someone up a tricky bit if necessary. I have also gratefully accepted help on my own tracks once or twice (thanks, Sean & Chris!).

If you are going to mark tracks, take a bunch of people out there & expect them to stay pristine, you are dreaming.

* except Mont Rouge - from experience if you have a bad day there, well, itís probably going to hurt.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Blessed be the track makers, for they shall inherit red frogs and trail mix.

For me, it's all about sustainability. I will ride a different route if I think a section is not sustainable, for example if it's a very loose short hill with no alternative path I might zig zag up it to leave the main line intact. It's good practice for me, and it spreads the wear - increasing the lifespan of the track.

Chicken tracks are fine, I'll use them when I want, and sometimes the gumbies that NEED to use them often flog them out so badly that they eventually present more of a challenge than the original track!

So, the conflicting criteria - look after the track and respect the guy who made it, and - make it fun and accessible for those that don't yet have all the skills necessary. It is possible to accommodate both, with a little respect.. and a little clutch control!!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
'05 EC300
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

General Manager Close Motorcycles - Honda, Suzuki, GasGas and Kymco in Sydney