dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 23-10-2006
dbw Pro

this is still so hard to beleive. Like many of you - i was also lucky enough to breifly be a part of Joeys life when she voluntered to help me with NSWMXRIDER mag - somthing she did just for the pure enjoyment and passion she had for motocross - she was always so excited just being involved - i loved making joey laugh and she too could make me laugh with one phrase or statment lol - and she had some beauties lol

she did so much work for free she promoted herself to deputy editor lol - the mag fell on its ass pretty hard but i was always thankful that it gave me a chance to meet meet joey and many others.......

1 got to ride with her once what a great day it was - she said later one " I SMOKED YOU HARD BILLWANNA" LOL ..... ( i guess she....kinda did lol - OK OK SHE DID :P )

she used to ring me and chew my ear off for hours just to burn up her free vodafone credit hahahaha - i droved down to sydney from wyong ( 80min drive) and she was on the phone to me the whole way hahaha

i took her to a spokes supercross end of year function where some of the big wigs were alone with some of the top sx riders - i was nervous as hell but joey had no dramas and chatted away all night and was never short of peeps to mingle with as typical of joey - she was full of positive energy - she was just so stoked to be there and was buzzing all night and had her big cheesy grin on all night

she chatted to so many peeps on the net and at the track and befriended so many people in the process - i think she had a knack of making people feel important - she had a REAL interest in peeps -

while i first had her ROFL'ing on the old ausmotocross forum - than got chatting on msn coz she had to talk to the funny man lol.......

most of our net posting apart from msn was on DBW - thanks DBW for not clearing the last 3 years as i have been reading some pretty funny discussions joey and me had on here lately........

such as - the joey "smoked me" thread

- http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/s...ight=billwanna

her last last email to me recently was typical joey lol - OK Billwanna what programas you need , you always need programs dont ya!!

RIP JOEY - You will never be forgotten

"A tear drop falls and fades away
but your memory will forever stay"
Old 23-10-2006
dbw Pro

Condolences to all that knew her. Roost in peace Smurf.
Old 23-10-2006
dbw EnduroX Team

Gees Bill that thread was a classic I even remember that day !!!

Where are Rossco , Gumby and Peanut now days ???
Old 23-10-2006
dbw Pro Champion

Gumby is still around, I havent spoken to Peanut for a while, he had a wr last I heard but cant remember, he hasnt been on msn for agggges!

I did the same thing you did Bill, went through old emails, new emails and posts just remembering...
Old 08-11-2006
dbw Pro

ay missy tell gumby a said giiiday next time u see her - thanks

yeh dan was a cool day
Old 08-11-2006
dbw Pro

Gumby moved n she dusn't hav tha net where she is
Old 09-12-2006
dbw Pro

Goodbye Jo

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the last time I saw Jo. Why do I remember this? Because, for a while there, we had become great friends. We were similar in a lot of ways, equally keen to get out there and have a go. We both moved to Victoria at the same time, and ended up engaging in all sorts of activities together, such as yoga, swimming, mountain biking, surfing and, of course, dirtbike riding. She was game and gutsy, daring and bold. I still can't believe she raced supercross!! Was she the first senior woman in NSW (or Australia) to get her supercross endorsement? Or to compete in a national supercross? Does anybody know?

It may be difficult for others to understand just how special it is for girls like us - who are spending our weekends wrestling our bikes around motocross tracks or braving massive downhills on the trail, instead of shopping at Westfield and drinking lattes - to meet other women who possess a similar desire to challenge and commit themselves to such radical sports. We are the minority and to befriend another is a unique experience.

Unfortunately, Jo and I had a minor fall out 2 years ago. If she was with us today, I'm sure she would agree that it was minor. We were bound to bump into each other at a race somewhere and get along like nothing was wrong, but that's not how it has worked out. I am saddened by her premature departure, but am uplifted by the memories of the great times we shared. She often talked about the tragic loss of someone close to her and how much she missed that person. It warms my heart to know that she has been reunited with that special person. The two of them would be doing just fine right now, I reckon. I imagine the track conditions in heaven to be perfect loam, with rain every night and sunshine every day.

My deepest sympathies go out to Jo's family and loved ones. I have really enjoyed reading her dbw posts. They invoke such strong memories of her cheeky, funloving persona, and the endless hours we spent conversing on messenger (did she have a special "LOL" key on her keyboard? I've never met a bigger user of that response!).

I remember hearing at a friend's funeral once that a day in heaven equals a lifetime on earth.

Goodbye Jo. I'll see you tomorrow. AP
Old 21-01-2008
dbw Pro

News travels slow to this side of the pond... Very sad news to read this
Old 21-01-2008
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveee View Post
News travels slow to this side of the pond... Very sad news to read this
very hard to believe it has been over a year already
Old 06-11-2009
dbw Pro

Just over three years Joey and i am still thinking of ya. hope your ripping it up and smoking all the boys where ever u r.

Billwanna