dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > dbw User Reviews

dbw User Reviews dbw users share with the rest of us their own views on stuff they have tried. Proudly Sponsored by: Beta Australia

Old 31-05-2019
dbw Pro

I have a Bell Moto 8 that rusted the metal retainers exactly the same . They must be stainless steel to last .
Old 02-06-2019
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbergloves View Post
I have a Bell Moto 8 that rusted the metal retainers exactly the same . They must be stainless steel to last .
Damn. How old was the helmet when that happened? Since posting the vid I've had guys saying they had the same thing happen to Airoh, Fox, Just 1 and Leatt helmets. But no reports of the top shelf helmets yet....

Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

It was about 3 yrs old when they rusted out , I was riding most weekends with that helmet. I have a old Bell moto 5 that has stainless steel retailers and they are still in perfect shape . I believe newer helmets are not made to last as long , itís a sales thing I imagine. I have a Fox V2 now and itís not showing any rust yet , maybe a wipe with WD40 to prevent any rusting might be the go or removing sweaty liners after each ride .
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbergloves View Post
It was about 3 yrs old when they rusted out , I was riding most weekends with that helmet. I have a old Bell moto 5 that has stainless steel retailers and they are still in perfect shape . I believe newer helmets are not made to last as long , itís a sales thing I imagine. I have a Fox V2 now and itís not showing any rust yet , maybe a wipe with WD40 to prevent any rusting might be the go or removing sweaty liners after each ride .
Damn. When I first reported on Airoh and Suomy helmet brackets rusting through I've had guys reporting the same thing on a pile of other brands.

I checked through a few helmet standards and could find nothing about the brackets needing to be made of stainless steel so it seems to be a weak point for the helmet standards allowing manufacturers to use crap materials.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro Legend

That is an amazingling dangerous failure for a helmet to have, I'm surprised it's not something that would require a recall by law ?