dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > VORC - Yamaha Vic Offroad Series

VORC - Yamaha Vic Offroad Series Proudly Sponsored by: www.scottysdirtbikespares.com

Old 26-03-2013
dbw Factory Pro

I travelled down from Bendigo on the Fri night?I really need to get a helicopter if I am going to do the VORC it?d make the commuting soo much quicker.

Fri night I pitched my swag alongside Team200 and their ?Hotel Work & Play?, after early start Saturday morning we got to the track, secured a good parking spot and set-up the pit tent. We even had music in the pit tent, Team200 clearly have been working on their race set-up during the off season.

The track that the clubbies ran on the Saturday was a nice track, that bedded in better and better as the day went on. Not being much of a sand rider I struggled the first couple of laps and had a few stacks here and there and was generally getting frustrated. Once a few lines and berms started to cut in I started to have a much better day. Racing the same loop all day seemed to work well as far as organisation went and I like the fact I could get to know a track and start to work on improving my riding instead of just trying to remember where to go each lap. There was about 15 riders in the Vets O?40?s on the Sat but the only thing that really counted was trying to see if I could beat Keg, initially he was smashing my laps times but with a couple of good laps in the middle of the day I made some time back and overall got him by a small margin of 13 seconds for the day.

After the race on Saturday the Team 200 ?Hotel Work & Play? stayed in the pits and once again I threw my swag down nearby, cooked some dinner and fell asleep under the stars.

On Sunday the clubby classes got to race the track the Pro?s and Experts had used the day before. The clubby classes certainly got the raw deal out of the track swap, the pro?s got a track with some nice berms cut in, and we got a track that was destroyed. After a lap or two I discovered the fastest way around the single-track stuff was to forget all style, with axle deep ruts, exposed roots, and whoops and bumps everywhere it was near impossible to get any style and rhythm going. I just sat down, pulled the clutch in coming into a corner keeping the throttle on, pointed my bike out of the corner and dumped the clutch. With arms and legs everywhere as my bike bounced and slammed across the roots and ruts I?d do my best to stick with the bike till the next corner and repeat the process again. With only 4 riders in the O?40s for the day a chance of a top 3 result was a possibility but I was still very happy to get 2nd, I was 14 seconds behind the 1st place rider who is usually light years faster than me and the whole class was all within 24 seconds from 1st to 4th so it was close racing all day.

Ben.Handasyde had a top ride this weekend, placing 6th outright in the clubby classes on Sunday?.we?ll done mate you?ve obviously been training hard in the off season and gained some serious speed.
Old 26-03-2013
dbw Pro

Been doing heaps like 90hrs since cupday, too many crashes saturday for a decent result, tonnned it back a bit sunday and smoothed out for the goods, i think i was a thou of a second out of 5th outright which would have been cool. trying to get to expert for next year so got to keep training. Looking forward to the cross countrys when my 3hr cycles will help with the fitness.
Old 31-03-2013
dbw Pro

Old 31-03-2013
dbw Pro Addict

Nice work, great editing etc.

Owen.

Amber
2014 KTM FREERIDE 250R aka MOUNTAIN GOAT

Owen
2015 BETA 300RR
Old 31-03-2013
dbw Pro Legend

Nice work gaff
Old 01-04-2013
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy70 View Post
Nice work gaff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team200 View Post
Nice work, great editing etc.

Owen.
Would love to claim this as my own work but unfortunately not. If you "like" world enduro on Facebook there's a couple of vids of the event including one of Dan Milner wearing a helmet cam attacking the bush track the pros rode on Saturday. Traralgon is my home track (only live two minutes away), I've never seen a Bike go as hard around that course as hard as dan pushes that Yamaha.

Cheers
Old 01-04-2013
dbw Pro Legend

Who did that vid then, cause that was really good. Need more of them to showcase the VORC's for sure.

I know it credits the guy at the end but never heard of him.

Berg FE350, The last one........
Honda CRF450R
KX250 BTX
Suzuki TLS1000
MSMCC
Old 05-04-2013
dbw Pro

Well here's a few pics from my first round of the VORC at Traralgon. I wish i could say that it was a great weekend but it was probably one of the worst starts to off road racing i could of had.
I had a bad week leading up to it sleep wise-(I work full time night shift) and then on Friday night the kids managed to break 2 door lock motors in my car so i couldn't lock my car so I was up till 11pm fixing that, and had to be up again at 4:30am to make it to Traralgon for the 7am sign in.

I struggled with trying to ride flat out from sitting in the pits for an hour. Then there was the ever shifting sand and whoops and the even bigger and deeper ruts that were worse every time you went out.

I got a really good sleep Saturday night but was still feeling pretty flat Sunday and my riding really didn't improve but i did like the track more then Saturdays, not that my times showed it. And on my last heat on Sunday i hit a table top a little crossed up then got even more crossed up in the strong winds and crashed pretty hard on landing, but did get it all on helmet cam.

Anyway I learnt a fair bit out of the weekend and I hope to have a lot better preparation for the next round.
Thanks Dewy.

The only good Horses are found under petrol tanks and bonnets.
Old 05-04-2013
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewy123 View Post

This is a great pic Dewy.

I was amazed at the 350 though. It doesn't have the power of a 450 but has more than a 250, so it was just like riding a bike in between the two, wow.
Old 05-04-2013
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewy123 View Post
Well here's a few pics from my first round of the VORC at Traralgon. I wish i could say that it was a great weekend but it was probably one of the worst starts to off road racing i could of had.
I had a bad week leading up to it sleep wise-(I work full time night shift) and then on Friday night the kids managed to break 2 door lock motors in my car so i couldn't lock my car so I was up till 11pm fixing that, and had to be up again at 4:30am to make it to Traralgon for the 7am sign in.

I struggled with trying to ride flat out from sitting in the pits for an hour. Then there was the ever shifting sand and whoops and the even bigger and deeper ruts that were worse every time you went out.

I got a really good sleep Saturday night but was still feeling pretty flat Sunday and my riding really didn't improve but i did like the track more then Saturdays, not that my times showed it. And on my last heat on Sunday i hit a table top a little crossed up then got even more crossed up in the strong winds and crashed pretty hard on landing, but did get it all on helmet cam.

Anyway I learnt a fair bit out of the weekend and I hope to have a lot better preparation for the next round.
Thanks Dewy.
That's a top effort to make it through the weekend with all the lack of sleep etc. It was a tough weekends racing, I felt like I'd been beaten up by a team of thugs with baseball bats by the end of Sunday.

There is a racing saying that championships are won and lost on your worst races and not your best....so good effort for sticking it out for the whole weekend.