dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 21-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom68 View Post
Probably lost my hillclimb angle pic examples from photobucket and pc updates, they're ineresting because your pegs get forward of your bars from a vertical perspective which means you have more than your bodyweight on your arms, a good argument for using the seat when you can.
So a 2 minute steep hill climb is beyond the average rider.
I had this comment on my mind yesterday on a long hill climb, and I was thinking this hill probably goes for about 2 minutes, and I made a point of sitting down when the terrain suited it, even though I wasn't at my limit yet, and even though it was a very brief sit down. It would have to give the lactic acid build up a little reset.

That gives me an idea for the pull up bar hanging, using a timer app, I could set up a routine of 30 seconds hanging (on the pegs) followed by 10 seconds rest (sitting), for 4 or 5 minutes just to mix things up a bit.

"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."John 3:5
"Not one dyno run here has seen a 450 4T hit 8HP or a 500-530cc 4T hit 10HP at 3000rpm, EVERY KTM300 pull is over 12HP at the same revs." Expert Tuner
Current bike: 2013 Berg 300. Previous: 2006 KTM 300, 2004 KTM 250 EXC, Husky TE 350, DT 200, KDX 200, XT 200, XR 80, XR 75, RM 50
Old 21-08-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian9toes View Post
It seems cardio exercise is beneficial in many ways, I'll have to do some, you've given me good reason.
Get a skipping rope, they are cheap and you can take them with you anywhere. Great cardio and improves coordination, pretty challenging too if your interested in improving and learning some of the more technical moves. Once you can skip non-stop for 30 minutes at a decent rpm you'll be pretty fit.
Old 25-08-2017
dbw Factory Pro

My 9 year old just did 90 seconds on his first go!

Nearly killed me hanging on for that long so he wouldn't be "Ninja Warrior" of our house.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

This blokes good for a couple of minutes, not a useless skill to have.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...8D7CH_&ampcf=1

Last edited by Tom68; 1 Week Ago at 05:51 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Isn't the/our human body something truely/profoundly Awesome!
My 30+ deliveries per-day: Furniture was often heavier than me.

I'm just beginning to truly suss-out that-sorta Mind Over Matter.
It's Quantum sorta-stuff: That does/will activate dormant Genes.

Edit: It's recently been shown that not all of our genes/dna are currently active.
Likewise: It's been recently shown that/they can/do reactivate when warranted.

Edit2: I'd really savour a quality discussion as-to how they built the Pyramids.
Yet: Idiots know it all: The sad thing is: Wise people are often/such Paranoid.
================================================== =======

Nothing whatsoever for me to brag about here:-
I set myself 20 push-ups every ad-break on TV.

I got to over 200: Which isn't much; admittedly.
Yet: That represents three hours of tv: Enough.
Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

*George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

I was on a job site recently and they had a hang challenge. It was off an exposed rafter brace, about 25mm in diameter. But you had to hang with your fully loaded tool belt on.

The record was 2:09. I couldn’t resist and had to beat it! The pricks watching even hung extra tools off my belt, but I held on until I passed his time, then let go. I felt it more in my fingers than anywhere else. I might have another crack one day minus the belt.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Addict

ive been doing chin ups as part of my twice/3 times a week upper body training regime for a year or so now. got to 47 chin ups for my pb (after 2 sets of 35) with 3 sets of 40 my usual. cut the time down by adding 16kg to my 72kg body weight and manage 3 sets of 17 now.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro

Ok, if no one else is going to ask I am! Can it really make you a little taller? Is there studies/journals on this? Feel like an idiot for asking but I want to be TALLER!!!!
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenaz View Post
Ok, if no one else is going to ask I am! Can it really make you a little taller? Is there studies/journals on this? Feel like an idiot for asking but I want to be TALLER!!!!
Maybe a small amount for a short time. I have heard you a marginally taller when you get out of bed in the morning due to the vertebrae decompressing. Throughout the course of the day they compress again and you loose the small gain. Not sure if it's true or not but sounds plausible. You could get a similar effect hanging from a bar.

Probably easier to just get some stilts and learn how to use them
Old 6 Days Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenaz View Post
Laying down (is that how Medium Rare got to be medium rare) is probably better.

Hanging by arms only leaves your lumbar vertebrae in tension and then that's only weighted by your legs.

Hanging by your arms leaves your mid and upper vertebrae in a complex tie up with your ribs and shoulders.

Need to hang by your skull to get spine in tension.
That may help my C6 to C7 compressed nerve.

Last edited by Tom68; 6 Days Ago at 05:24 PM.