dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

More power to you Tom . Do you get sore from all the miles on he concrete??
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldboy View Post
More power to you Tom . Do you get sore from all the miles on he concrete??
Only once significantly over 20 years ago, but it turned out the old Bluntstones that had sunk in the heel and ball area had my arches carrying weight, get out of bed and lots of pain in feet standing up. New boots fixed it in a day.

Brugger recommended Bamboo socks combined with rotating three pairs of Mongrel Boots works these days. Good insulation and cushioning in modern boots.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

Not so personal log.

Three weeks today.

Sleeping pretty well.

Sneezing hurts but bearable.

Lifting arm and reaching car heater controls hurts ribs a bit.

Things still crunching up under the ribs if I'm trying to work huddled over.

Can run and jump OKish.

Stepping up onto jobs, limited to about 700mm, probably about it at anytime but this id enough to cause pain

One and a half weeks of pain killers was enough to keep lungs pumped up but not enough for comfortable quality of life. Would have gone longer but since I had to work opted to use pain as a guide to what was OK to do so as not to add healing time.

Pissed off about income protection, I guess if I had have belted my head on the bridge bearer on the way through instead of my ribs they'd be starting my recovery payments in a week.
Old 1 Day Ago
dbw Pro Hero

4 weeks today.

Before breaking my ribs my Daughter started a journey through medical Hell. A couple of weeks ago she had an Endoscopy related procedure that gave her Pancreatitis.

Saturday was virtually pain free for me, went to an engagement party in Ballarat, drank more than the Surgeon General recommends but didn't get messed up. Sunday annoyed with pain (1 outa 10 pain no biggie). Monday annoyed with pain and attitude at work. Tuesday, wake up, feeling extra tired, decide bugger everybody, not getting out of bed till I feel like it (completely out of character) then doing what I want when I want (more in character).

Whilst I was supposed to be aware my Daughter was going in for a procedure including an Endoscopy my only recollection of it was my Daughter asking if I was going to the Hospital with her when she was leaving at 11.30ish. Figured that must be why I was home and not having a reason to explain to anybody. Went with her, all supposedly went well, left with her around 5 felt we should be there for another couple of hours (due to previous bad experience) but went home as advised.

8 o'clock we had an Ambulance at our House, without going in to details things got pretty serious and the Ambulance was there within minutes of placing the call. Nearest Hospital knocked us back back when we arrived because things were getting better and the existing problem was related to the earlier Hospital treatment so that's where we should be.

Had her in a bed with an understanding of what was going on by midnight, pain under control but at a cost of nausea and dizziness. So home for me, Wife to hang for a little longer and tomorrow to be addressed when it comes.

Ribs....good, muscles below, sore. Being a sook, having a Panediene forte in the morning, yesterday and today.

Ribs again, I may have mentioned it in an earlier post, my Daughter is lucky I broke them and can at least feel some of her pain.

Last edited by Tom68; 22 Hours Ago at 04:44 PM.