dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > The Workshop > Electrical Forum

Electrical Forum A forum for all the bright sparks!

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

2016 te 250 led indicator conversion

Hi all like the title says I have a 2016 husky te 250 and have fitted the new style click and ride led indicators to it ( I like the idea of them being removable for the bush) anyways just wondering if there is a way I can make a new loom for the new indicators as I don't want to cut up my stock wiring loom if possible . Any help will be appreciated, cheers ryan
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

So will a bit of google I found this kit , I wonder how it would go .https://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-F...0AAOSw0fhXiOAQ

Last edited by ryan3500; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:26 PM. Reason: More info
Old 2 Weeks Ago
DBW Clubman

You could remove the original tail/indicator loom and front indicator loom at their plugs, just trace the wiring back from the lights until you find the plug connector.
Take the looms to an auto parts store (jaycar springs to mind) to match up the plugs. Then you can build a new loom to suit the LED indicators that will plug straight into the factory loom.

BTW, with LED's you may need to replace the original flasher relay with an LED suitable relay to get them to operate correctly.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
The "One" and only

Those extender looms are crap, they simply double the number of possible connector failures and they sure as hell aren't OEM quality.

On every conversion Ive done for snap-n-go blinkers I cut the OEM plug off about 150mm back up the loom and save the tail. Then I solder on and heat shrink the new tail.

It never fails and is 100% reversible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldscool View Post
BTW, with LED's you may need to replace the original flasher relay with an LED suitable relay to get them to operate correctly.

True but...Simply adding an appropriate resistor to the extender loom allows you to leave the OEM flasher system in place. Once again, it's is 1000 times better quality than the aftermarket flashers.

Most of the quality snap-n-go blinkers are internally loaded so they work with the OEM flasher...
Old 2 Weeks Ago
dbw Pro

Cheers for the replies all! I shall do what you suggested nutty ! Like said was going to do it that way originally but decided against but like you put it , it's really not butchering it !

Also I have resistors to suit!

Cheers fellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Those extender looms are crap, they simply double the number of possible connector failures and they sure as hell aren't OEM quality.

On every conversion Ive done for snap-n-go blinkers I cut the OEM plug off about 150mm back up the loom and save the tail. Then I solder on and heat shrink the new tail.

It never fails and is 100% reversible.

True but...Simply adding an appropriate resistor to the extender loom allows you to leave the OEM flasher system in place. Once again, it's is 1000 times better quality than the aftermarket flashers.

Most of the quality snap-n-go blinkers are internally loaded so they work with the OEM flasher...
Old 2 Weeks Ago
DBW Dweller

Solder and silicone heat shrink every time. If its something you think you will need to disconnect/reconnect on a regular enough basis, use some good quality bullet plugs and silicone heat shrink over the top.
R.A.G Endurance Racing.