dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Health, Well Being & Fitness

Old 14-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Gallbladder sludge.

Yep, that hurts like buggery. Hell of a way to spend a random Thursday arvo.

But it's not stones so I might not have to get my gallbladder removed.

Anyone been down this path? What works, what doesn't?

After a slack six months, this has come about two months after getting my act together with diet and exercise, which may or may not be relevant.
Old 14-09-2018
"The Crack Of DOOM"

If you can avoid getting it removed then do so imo. This guy has some pretty good well informed imo, so maybe give these 2 videos a watch:
What They Don't Tell You When They Remove the Gallbladder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QguqK_DJMK0

10 Things to Increase Bile (from the Gallbladder) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h64_7DYf5_0

Now, I cannot find the reference right now, but the important "complementary" bit to producing more bile (to essentially "flush" your gallbladder) is to help your body get rid of the bile. Bile is re-absorbed in the large intestine/colon, so if it isn't excreted then the toxins and rubbish in them get recirculated. When I lost all my weight, the toxins stored in the fat got back in my system and it felt horrible - until I learnt about soluble fibre. I never really got why it was so important before, but what it does it attaches to bile so that the bile is not re-absorbed and is instead excreted from the body. That means that your liver produces "fresh" bile from your body waste and it doesn't get overly concentrated and toxic. A glass of Metamucil or Benefiber a day before your main meal will probably work wonders for you - it did for me. If you don't like the gritty texture of Metamucil then Benefiber will be a better bet for you. You can get the flavourless one and include it in your tea/coffee even.

Good luck man!
Old 14-09-2018
The "One" and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spac View Post
Yep, that hurts like buggery. Hell of a way to spend a random Thursday arvo but it's not stones so I might not have to get my gallbladder removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctra View Post
...the important "complementary" bit to producing more bile (to essentially "flush" your gallbladder) is to help your body get rid of the bile. Bile is re-absorbed in the large intestine/colon, so if it isn't excreted then the toxins and rubbish in them get recirculated.
You're responsible for your affliction here Spac. Since you got me to pull my head in you haven't had an outlet for your bile. I feel kind of responsible.

In the serious dept...go see a naturopath/herbalist. You know how old-school I am but I was put onto one who gave me a liver-cleansing regime and it worked wonders. Western diets huh? Hope it comes good, part of the re-co process I guess.

Current dirtbikes: 2018 450SX, 2018 YZ250-FX
Current road bike: 2011 FLHRC-Police spec
Old 14-09-2018
dbw Pro Legend

I had my gallbladder removed approximately 3 months ago. I had no apparent symptoms until I woke up in extreme pain. Thinking I had extreme food poisoning.

I spent the whole night throwing up/ shaking/ sweating. Wait til the morning til I went to hospital emergency. I was pretty tempted to call a Ambulance during the night. But I was thinking I canít call an ambulance just for food poisoning.

Took a couple of days before I actually got surgery. I had stones ( they ultrasounded me) I also had a very high white cell count indicating an infection.

So I kinda didnít really get a choice. So I gave them permission to operate.

What they didnít tell me... the surgery was to be keyhole but that involves going in through near your bellybutton. They also pump you full gas with can cause shoulder/back pain.

My back was seriously unhappy for first couple of weeks. Sleeping on my back didnít help.

The surgical drain removal was also unpleasant.

I had 6 weeks off work. Iím a tradie. If you did an office job 2-3 weeks off work maybe ok. The surgeon gave me a certificate for 8 weeks. I had plenty of sick leave.

I did ride the motor bike around the paddock about week 3 and my core strength wasnít up to it.

I havenít had any diet problems. But I did bloated after eating America style BBQ pulled pork/ ribs and beef. Otherwise Iíve been cautious with fatty food. Just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

What are the preventative options for gall bladder health? Low fat diet post op doesnt sound good!

I went to naturapath and she prescribed green smoothies...i am not that well versed in this stuff but i believe very good for liver and gut health...gut health might be overlooked and poorly understood by western medicine.

I hate being old enough to care about good digestive system...however...i've found that just a little thought to the pre/pro biotic content of your diet makes a huge difference to how you feel, physically and mentally.

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs...mosley/9867346
Old 14-09-2018
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I hate being old enough to care about good digestive system...however...i've found that just a little thought to the pre/pro biotic content of your diet makes a huge difference to how you feel, physically and mentally.
I second that Jimmy.

Quite of lot of studies regarding autism and gut microbiota, and how certain children have shown remarkable improvements in cognition almost over night when taking an antibiotic; indicating a possible connection between certain bacteria and mental ability. It therefore makes sense that if certain bacteria can have adverse affects, others surely must offer some benefit too.

But as you say, it's the overall function of the system that is important.