dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.devildesign.com.au

Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Clake master cylinder holes, correct size??

Ive had alot of trouble getting the brake action to feel good on my Clake 2. I had a clake pro before this one and the brake feel on that was fantastic but ever since swapping to the pro i cant for the life of me get the same feel out of the brake. The lever seems to come to far into the bars like it has air in it. Ive tried every trick in the book to bleed it properly but cant get it right.

I changed cams in it (has a 4b4 in it i think) so the brake comes on early but still no joy. It feels sort of OK in the garage (not fantastic) but when used in anger the lever comes straight to the bars and wont even lock the rear.

In a last ditch attempt to get it right i stripped the whole master cylinder hoping to find something obvious but all looks good.

The only thing i was wondering about was the two holes in the bottom of the brake reservoir that let fluid into the piston. One is much larger than the other. The small one probably has a hole in it not much bigger than a pin. Is this how they are meant to be? is this how all brake masters are? They both drop straight into the piston below, i just dont understand why one would be bigger than the other like that.

Im not sure if this would even be causing a problem, im just getting desperate. Im clutching at straws but could it possibly not be letting enough fluid into the cylinder?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clake.jpg (66.0 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by pecker; 1 Week Ago at 11:15 PM. Reason: Forgot to add pic
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Can someone with a clake have a look inside their brake reservoir for me and see if this is meant to be like this or if the hole should be bigger?
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Hero

I'll have a look tomorrow. I just took one off a bike I sold.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Factory Pro

All master cylinders are like that mate, the small hole is the relief port and the large hole is the fill port. Is this a new part or a second hand one? I have had to pull apart brand new Brembos that had a bit of swarf under the seal on the piston. Might be worth a look if it isn't still under warranty.

If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people.. House.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser nate View Post
All master cylinders are like that mate, the small hole is the relief port and the large hole is the fill port. Is this a new part or a second hand one? I have had to pull apart brand new Brembos that had a bit of swarf under the seal on the piston. Might be worth a look if it isn't still under warranty.
Yeah cheers Iíve realised that now. Iíve never taken much notice and thought it looked odd. Thought maybe it was amistake and wasnít letting enough fluid through.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Legend

Try replacing the bleed screws and washers...

I had all sorts of inconstant lever issues with mine and Owen set me a new set and all fixed.
Old 1 Week Ago
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOF062 View Post
Try replacing the bleed screws and washers...

I had all sorts of inconstant lever issues with mine and Owen set me a new set and all fixed.
Yeah thats the next port of call.