dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > VORC - Yamaha Vic Offroad Series

VORC - Yamaha Vic Offroad Series Proudly Sponsored by: www.scottysdirtbikespares.com

Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member

Do any of you use a camper trailer for accom?

The in between is mine"

~Eddie Vedder
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Factory Pro

no-one from DBW really uses a camper trailer...but if you have one then next year we have accom at VORC rounds sorted for DBW'ers

hope it has a jet wash, washing machine, and spa, and a toilet - those port-a-potties at VORC rounds usually end up pretty ugly by the Sunday. It's the main reason that drives people to motels...no-one wants to do Sunday morning no.2's in a port-a-potty that has already been used by 200 blokes
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
Do any of you use a camper trailer for accom?
Alot of people camp in anything from a swag on the ground to fully decked out toy haulers/motor homes. So you will fit right in with a camper trailer.

Amber
2014 KTM FREERIDE 250R aka MOUNTAIN GOAT

Owen
2015 BETA 300RR
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Hall of Fame Member

Hmmmm, if I can mount a bike rail on the draw bar...

The in between is mine"

~Eddie Vedder
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Addict

Location: island jungle where dreams will come true, down here where we all screw
After three years of VORC, I reckon 10 grand a year would be a conservative estimate for the total cost.

To be competitive, the amount of training and therefore bike wear and tear compounds very quickly.

I did live 3 hours west of melb for one year and 2 hours west for a following 2, and this was a contributing factor in the costs, but, I would like to think I am a better rider for the investment.
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Legend

Great write up Col.

This was my first year in the VORC's after moving from QLD. I really enjoyed the series, I liked the 2 rounds per weekend. Especially from so far away doing the two rounds helps justify the money. The events were really well run, really well organised. The tracks were pretty good and pretty wide. I didn't like the closed pit stuff though and it wasn't really well setup for camping.

I would have liked to see a round on this side of Melbourne though. Broadford was as close as it got. I did over 1200kms for the Golden Beach round, which I loved but I was pretty wrecked and unpacking the car at 10pm is no fun, especially in Vic.

I would have been spending in the 1k/round area as well, between food, fuel and parts, just travelling from Warrnambool every weekend made it a massive trip everytime. In some ways it was good that I didn't ride much at all between rounds because I had a little more cash around but with no real training on or off the bike there was no way I was going to be competing for wins. I ended up 5th in C3 and 16th outright though which was alright. I also managed to set some quick times here and there which was fun.

It was awesome meet all the people too Col, Angus, Disco, Keg, Pete and Aaron who was a total legend and put us up while we were on the other side. Now I'm just trying to sort my sh!t out so I can try and do it all again next year!
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Legend

Some great info here thanks.

I was thinking of doing some rounds next year, Now all I need to do

is cut down on donuts and get fitter.
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Legend

Tony, i used my camper trailer for Aberfeldy only. Being closeish to home and being able to have a shower was worth the 1 - 1.5 hour drive. You could do it but after smashing the track on Saturday you'd want a bloody long hot shower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigdog View Post
I would like to think I am a better rider for the investment.
This is right on the money Piggy. Even though i didnt get podiums i know my riding has improved 100X. There is nothing else that puts you in the situation like a VORC round does. There's just something about VORC loops. There's not much around that compares to them in terms of rough rutted 10ft deep braking bumped trails.

It makes you feel awesome when trail riding and you absolutely smash the hard stuff and dont even raise a sweat for it.

Unless its riding with Donny.............His tracks are relentless.........

Berg FE350, The last one........
Honda CRF450R
KX250 BTX
Suzuki TLS1000
MSMCC

Last edited by NSE.ONE; 22-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Addict

Location: island jungle where dreams will come true, down here where we all screw
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSE.ONE View Post
This is right on the money Piggy. Even though i didnt get podiums i know my riding has improved 100X. There is nothing else that puts you in the situation like a VORC round does. There's just something about VORC loops. There's not much around that compares to them in terms of rough rutted 10ft deep braking bumped trails.

It makes you feel awesome when trail riding and you absolutely smash the hard stuff and dont even raise a sweat for it.

Unless its riding with Donny.............His tracks are relentless.........
Yep that is it isn't it. I had a practice track on the place I used to manage that I tried to make as close to a sprint loop as I could, but the bike traffic can not be replicated like it is on those tracks to have similar conditions.
Old 22-09-2011
dbw Pro Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock View Post
I would have liked to see a round on this side of Melbourne though. Broadford was as close as it got.
There are a few clubs on the west side that look to be putting in an EOI to run events next year so hopefully that comes off as it would be good to spread it around the state and it not be so east bias.

Amber

Amber
2014 KTM FREERIDE 250R aka MOUNTAIN GOAT

Owen
2015 BETA 300RR