dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > Husqvarna Forum

Husqvarna Forum Huskys R Us

Old 28-03-2017
dbw Factory Pro

Jpg, just buy a aftermarket trailtech one, it'll plug straight in too! I want one of the gps ones when my stock one dies..

If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people.. House.
Old 28-03-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Thanks Nate. Yep, bought one, half the KTM price for something that does a lot more!
Old 01-04-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Just found the Trailtech/KTM fan is toast. Fan wont spin. No doubt something to do with the PO living near the sea....Mind you, hasnt boiled yet. About to install the TT Vapor, now Ive removed the radiator to remove the broken fan....
Old 01-04-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgibson View Post
Just found the Trailtech/KTM fan is toast. Fan wont spin. No doubt something to do with the PO living near the sea....Mind you, hasnt boiled yet. About to install the TT Vapor, now Ive removed the radiator to remove the broken fan....
Pleasant afternoon ahead..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

General Manager Close Motorcycles - Honda, Suzuki, GasGas and Kymco in Sydney
Old 01-04-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggchris View Post
Pleasant afternoon ahead..

Ahh, yes. Of course it's not plug and play.Actually that's exactly what it is! Plug it in and find that none of the plugs now do what you think!
Had to change the speedo cable ( as there's a different connector at the Trailtech end ie male not female or vice versa), then when cutting a cable tie, I cut the thermistor that sits in the radiator (....strip the cables and re do..).
Not over yet....
Swap out the yellow spring to red and wind the preload to flush, inso doing, seem to drop half the transmission oil out the hole....
Decide to drop the needle a notch ( NECJ #2 to #3), put it back together, and see an 'o' ring on the ground.Wonder where thats from....run inside to look up carby fiche...all OK.
Then drop the rear M4 that holds the carby top on.Look everywhere, even take the (very removal unfriendly) BB bashplate off- no bolt.
Start looking for a replacement.Luckily I remembered the bike rack on my pushy- perfect.
Oh yes, back to the Trailtech. As my forks are longer than stock, they sit up through the clamps a bit, the clamp that comes with the TT doesn't now fit( next to the bar clamp), so it is now sitting off to the left ( and bar pad had to be removed) ready to be removed by a branch first ride, not to mention my face hitting the now pad-free bars....
Ordered a Spal replacement fan.
Not an entirely trouble free arvo. AND my wife's not too happy with me spending hours in the shed on such a beautiful day..
Beer-o-clock!
Oh, the wayward 'o' ring was from a chain.......I hope.
Old 01-04-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Ahh, yes. Of course it's not plug and play.Actually that's exactly what it is! Plug it in and find that none of the plugs now do what you think!
Had to change the speedo cable ( as there's a different connector at the Trailtech end ie male not female or vice versa), then when cutting a cable tie, I cut the thermistor that sits in the radiator (....strip the cables and re do..).
Not over yet....
Swap out the yellow spring to red and wind the preload to flush, inso doing, seem to drop half the transmission oil out the hole....
Decide to drop the needle a notch ( NECJ #2 to #3), put it back together, and see an 'o' ring on the ground.Wonder where thats from....run inside to look up carby fiche...all OK.
Then drop the rear M4 that holds the carby top on.Look everywhere, even take the (very removal unfriendly) BB bashplate off- no bolt.
Start looking for a replacement.Luckily I remembered the bike rack on my pushy- perfect.
Oh yes, back to the Trailtech. As my forks are longer than stock, they sit up through the clamps a bit, the clamp that comes with the TT doesn't now fit( next to the bar clamp), so it is now sitting off to the left ( and bar pad had to be removed) ready to be removed by a branch first ride, not to mention my face hitting the now pad-free bars....
Not an entirely trouble free arvo. AND my wife's not too happy with me spending hours in the shed on such a beautiful day..
Beer-o-clock!
You always get the easy ride..

ErmmXR400
'Oh God knows EC250
And about a hundred road bikes, mostly Yamahas for some reason.

General Manager Close Motorcycles - Honda, Suzuki, GasGas and Kymco in Sydney
Old 03-04-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Not over yet....
Beer-o-clock!
jeebus - should've come riding instead!
Old 03-04-2017
dbw Factory Pro

X2 it was awesome!!

If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people.. House.
Old 03-04-2017
dbw Pro Legend

Husky TE250 2014
I put a mates One light clutch on for my last ride . Could nt get it working to my liking - tried bleeding everything . Didn't like feel of it .
One finger work was to too much for my finger or too light to have a good feel
so I took it off and put a Mid west on I picked up off facebook - like it better so far . Bled easily .

Switched back from stock to the NECJ needle - going to try it on richer slot - 4 38 pilot 168 main

Put on the closed chamber forks I stole off ebay - feel good . I cant wait to ride it.
Old 03-04-2017
dbw Pro Addict

Rode my 08450 for the first serious time in 4 years , it highlighted how good my Gasser is ! , having said that ive always loved the strong midrange and screaming topend the husky has , its still a keeper .