dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Ride Reports & Local Issues > Victoria Ride Reports & Local Issues

Old 20-04-2016
dbw Pro Addict

2016 dbw social gncc ride report

Post your pics, vids and stories of the weekend here.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.
It will be actioned much faster than sending a PM to me or another moderator.

2018 KTM & Husky 250/300 JD Jetting Kits now in stock!
Old 20-04-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Was a great day keg!

First day back on the bike in 3 years!
Rode most of the endurocross practice stuff
Rode an xtrainer
Saw an AJP - went well but he didn't stick around long!?
Wimped out at trying horsepower hill

Best stack - the bloke who fell off the chair when he was filling out his sign up form
Old 20-04-2016
DBW Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Me View Post
Saw an AJP - went well but he didn't stick around long!?
That would have been me - was already carrying an arm injury before the ride, and managed to aggravate it on the first lap, so sadly called it quits before I damaged myself further. I did get up horsepower hill okay though
Old 20-04-2016
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper1 View Post
That would have been me - was already carrying an arm injury before the ride, and managed to aggravate it on the first lap, so sadly called it quits before I damaged myself further. I did get up horsepower hill okay though
That's a shame mate. Was keen to see a bit more of the ajp. Is it an MX enduro or extreme model?
Old 20-04-2016
DBW Dweller

It's the PR4 Extreme. Not a bad little toy actually!
Old 21-04-2016
dbw Pro

DBW GNCC Ride Report

I had a great day. I have new done an event like this on a bike so it was all new to me.
Myself and a mate met up with a few other people we knew and decided to ride with one of them, the other ride way to fast for us.

After keg explained the day and the big group left we decide it was time to go. My bike had decided otherwise, after stuffing around for a bit put a new plug in it and kick it once and away it went.

The track was really good, had a bit of every thing in it. Up hills, down hills, dust, rocks and a motor cross track.

Not long after we took off, going down on of the loose hills, I saw a back wheel in the air, then a front wheel, then back wheel ( a bike going end for end side ways), i rolled around a bit more and here is ol' mate lying flat on his back on the side of the track, as i roll up to him and ask if he is alright he sort of gets out "I'm ok". Must have been ok, he wasn't there next lap.

I had a great day, didn't crash, came close but my handle bars didn't touch the ground. Got up horsepower hill with no worries, coming down was a different story. The whole event was really well run. Talked to few people that I have no idea who there are. And came away with a new tyre for my bike: grinning-

Thanks Keg and his helper for a fantastic day.
Old 21-04-2016
dbw Pro Addict

Thanks for all attending.

I had a lot of help from a few very hard workers to bunt the the track - and yes we cleared lots of rocks off it too. As well as Steve, Kim and Solar, the backbone of the Wildwood club.

Sponsors were unreal to give us $8k of prizes. Especially Belray.

The day went pretty smooth. I fixed some bikes, fixed bunting, got a few people unstuck and even broke into a car for someone that hasn't owned up to locking his keys in it yet.

Sounds like we will have to do it all again. Maybe scoring will be done with riders shooting nerf guns at a board. Haha.

Gary at Beta was the only decent injury but is back up walking around already.

Great to see so many faces that I have ridden with over the years, all in one place too.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post.
It will be actioned much faster than sending a PM to me or another moderator.

2018 KTM & Husky 250/300 JD Jetting Kits now in stock!
Old 21-04-2016
dbw Pro

hopefully this link works to some photos I snagged on the day. I also had a ball cutting a few laps, helping out, and watching the action.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=becf91b25e
Old 22-04-2016
Prime Monostar.

2016 beta 430 short test ride at wildwood

2016 beta 300 Xtrainer short test ride at wildwood

2016 sherco 300 SE-R

Full lap

2015 Yamaha WR250F

Old 23-04-2016
dbw Pro Legend

I went out to Wildwood soley to get some footage for all you guys and maybe see some good crashes. I saw a couple of good scorpions on the tyre section, i think from the same rider (new Husky).
When i had a bike i had a go on the prologue track so i know how hard it is to do after you have already done a full lap. So i commend all that had a go at it and how well you did. Very entertaining.
Now about the bloke that locked his keys in the car... Yes that was me. BUT!!!
The whole story is that i was really hanging to have a ride watching all you champs out there. And.. This bloke offered his bike to me. Not sure if he was joking or not i had to confirm that he was for real and he was.
So without further or do, i raced to my car to get some gear on that happened to be in the boot, what a coincidence huh. A little hyped up you could say, i got all my gear on ready to go, and BANG closed the boot. At that very moment i had a vision of my keys inside my jeans pocket.. Argh **** me!, you dickhead!!
I short i surquesterd <Hehe a coat hanger from Wildwood Steve (Cheers for that, it's hanging on the fence) and with Keg steering it we managed to get the car unlocked, phew!
Now i was all but ready for that ride on the bike. Well some bloke got on it and took off in an "emergency" Oh well i thought. I'll go back and get some more footage of all you guys again. Felt like a right git all geared up without a bike on site. A half hour went by and no sign of my knight in dusty armour so i changed back into the casuals. (yep the bike turned up then) Doh, Doh Doh!

Either way i still had a great day and really enjoyed catching up with some old faces and for next years event i think a slingshot with some water balloons for the KIDS that are out there will be the go.

Cheers all and Ps. Top vid Anthony.