dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > TM, Ossa, Aprilia, BMW, Maico & more

TM, Ossa, Aprilia, BMW, Maico & more A forum for all other boutique brands.

Old 23-07-2005
dbw Pro

pipe guard manufacturers EC300

What pipe guards/glide plates are available for 05 300ec gasgas? thanks B.
Old 23-07-2005
dbw Pro Champion

PIPE GUARD AND BASHPLATE
Old 24-07-2005
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.e
Speak to drew, he works with a bloke who makes a decent pipe guard. This is my ol KTM200, and I reckon the PRP guard was the ducks guts. Just call Bolton Motorcycles, if he's made one for an '05 Gasser 300 before he should have all the measurements; otherwise he might need to get hold of your bike for a week or so. They're in Kyneton, only a hop skip and a jump from Melbourne up the Calder Freeway.

I reckon this kind of guard is ideal in comaprison to the whipps style full wrap around thingy. They're louder, fill up with mud and add unnececessary weight to your bike.

2013 Husaberg TE250
Electric start 2 strokes, who would have thunk it?????

I wanna be a dirt bike rider.....
Old 24-07-2005
dbw Pro Legend

Location: A NSWelschman gone South because of the year round Riding Season
Anyone ride rocks with the Hyde Developments Pipe Guards? Interested how they would handle the big hits in rocks.
Old 24-07-2005
dbw Pro

pipe guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.e
yah seen a nice low profile pipe guard on a exc 300 made from carbonfiber at dbw5 not able to tell you who but it looked trick and practical not to bulky thats about all l know
Sponsored Links
Old 24-07-2005
dbw Pro Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosine_Cowboy
yah seen a nice low profile pipe guard on a exc 300 made from carbonfiber at dbw5 not able to tell you who but it looked trick and practical not to bulky thats about all l know
Geelong Composites bring them in and there made by E-LINE in the states. :y
Old 25-07-2005
dbw Factory Pro

I have a whipps pipe guard on my 04 GG 300. It is bulkier that the carbon fire jobs but I trust metal more. I have gone down hard on the pipe guard before and if I didnt have it I would have been up for a new pipe. So it has already paid for itself
#1 rider HALF WIT RACING TEAM....

Gas Gas EC 300 Euro
Old 25-07-2005
dbw Pro

Thanks for the info. Like Mick, the reassurance of a metal pipe guard seems to be the way to go for big hits. The "kyneton pipe" looks ok. Does the whipps have a separate bash/glide plate, or are the two combined? How much? thanks, B.
Old 25-07-2005
dbw Pro Addict

I would be very surprised to see a Hyde bashplate brake, and there is less engine noise and weight with them.

Don't like a post or thread? Click on this icon in the top right of the post. It will be actioned much faster than sending a PM to me or another moderator.

JD Jetting Kits, KTM F-Bushings, GasGas Parts & more click here!
Old 26-07-2005
dbw Factory Pro

I have just fitted the Whipps pipe guard and bash plate to my 05 EC 300. I looked at the hyde development product and the Carbon Fibre E-line jobby.

I made the decision that the E-line guard looked good but searches on other websites showed that big hits can crush both the guard and the pipe.Big bucks for iffy protection.

The Hyde development guard is just plain ugly and a peice of ordinary protection at best. Any decent knock on the pipe and it's history.

The Whipps product is the same price, more or less, as the others, looks good and isn't attached to the pipe but to the engine mounts protecting the pipe completely. I got the built in bash plate as well.It's a complete package you wouldn't even know was there.

I hit a 2ft high tree stump at speed on Sunday,deflecting me accross the trail, leaving nothing but a scuff mark on the guard. No shock was transfered to the pipe.

Graham Whipp went to great legnths to make , supply and fit this pipe guard as Gas Gas had changed the engine position mid model run. To say he went way beyond the call is an understatement.

Buy the whipps product, buy australian. My 2c.
Sponsored Links