dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > Off Track Talk

Off Track Talk Off Topic Stuff, Bench Racing and Other Topics - keep them clean!!!
Proudly Sponsored by www.torpedo7.com.au

Old 22-07-2008
dbw Pro

Back Seats for Rodeo Space Cab

Hey guys. I have a 2003 4x4 Holden Rodeo space cab and was wanting to put seats in the back of it and was just wandering is this possible? And if so how would i do it? and approximately how much would it cost?

Thanks for the help,

Brodes
Old 22-07-2008
dbw Factory Pro

My Cousin has a Rodeo 4x4 spacecab. Pretty sure he gets a baby seat in there as there were seatbelts in the back of his. Don't recall there being a seat there though... maybe he has one but only puts it in when he needs to.
Handy space to put stuff...

Current weapon> 1983 Kwakka KV175AG
Old 22-07-2008
dbw Pro

Try http://www.littleschildrestraints.com.au . I got my Hilux Xtra Cab converted to five seater a few years ago. I'm pretty sure they were doing Rodeos. They are in Blacktown NSW
Old 22-07-2008
dbw Pro Champion

Have a look at your compliance plate, it should state if it's been built as a 2 seater or 5 seater.

Not sure what you'd have to do to get it changed.

In hindsight I should have known better and read the signs like "the speed in the carpark" and comments like "that was awesome" after the transport out to the single track.
Old 22-07-2008
dbw Pro

my compliance plate says 2 seater.
And the seats are not for children so will those seats ozberg was talking about still be legal for adults?
Also, what requirements does it have to meet to get a compliance plate saying that it is a 5 seater? Couldn't i just put seat belts in and 2 long cushions or something? or would this not meet the requirements?
Sponsored Links
Old 22-07-2008
dbw Pro

I think there is a 35kg rating on my seats but that would be determined by space factors and structural capability i would think.

When the conversion is done dependant on the installation it may need a Eng. Cert.. My Hilux didn't as the installation had pre approval. They install and then put a sticker on the drivers rear window specifying that it is approved for three passengers. I also got a child restraint attachment for the centre position in the rear.

My landcruiser did require a certificate even though it was for a more minor task (roof mounted child restraint attachment for the centre seat position).

You really need to start ringing around yourself and get specifics for the vehicle concerned.
Old 22-07-2008
The 'Gee' Man.

I got belts fitted to the rear of my '90 Rodeo Spacecab thru an RAVC certified place.
I just threw in some cushions as realistically there is no room for seats in the back.
Didn't bother with notifying RTA of the change even though i have the certificates... something to do with the 1hr+ wait for service i think
Old 23-07-2008
dbw Pro

We had these fitted in one of our work Rodeos. They were installed by the dealer when the car was purchased new. Cost about $1500, but it was a nice installation. Legal too. They were Retro-(something) brand, I think.

Definitely child seats only. There's no room to fit an adult back there. As it is, if you had an accident, the child would be doing a face plant into the back of the front seat.

Old 25-07-2008
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideorberidden View Post
I got belts fitted to the rear of my '90 Rodeo Spacecab thru an RAVC certified place.
I just threw in some cushions as realistically there is no room for seats in the back.
Didn't bother with notifying RTA of the change even though i have the certificates... something to do with the 1hr+ wait for service i think
Have you ever been puller over by the police and if so what did they say about it? And how much did it cost to get the seatbelts fitted?