dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > Manufacturers > KTM Forum

KTM Forum If it's Orange it's in here. Proudly sponsored by www.mainjet.com.au

Old 11-07-2009
dbw Pro

2009 300 expansion chamber

Hi all!

I've gotta buy a new expansion chamber for a mates 09 300 and I was just wondering if anyone has some hints as to the best place to get one. Do I just order one from my dealer? DO I find one in a shop in the states and have it shipped in? Does anyone have a US store that they use regularly? Is the saving worth the effort? Or do I order a gnarly pipe or something?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

By the way, I'm loving my new 09 300 also. Absolute blast!
Old 11-07-2009
dbw Factory Pro

Hi Mr ktm520, i know where your coming from i have a 09 ktm 300 and love it more and more every time i ride it. Anyway back to pipes...

Just an option if you wanted to save a bit of cash. Im going to put a FMF Gnarly on mine soon cos they are meant to be heaps tougher than the stock one and im mainly after low to mid range power cos thats what i mainly use on the tracks that i ride on. I was probably going to sell my stock unit so if you want i can sell it to you if you want its up to you?

Ive done about 1200 k's on the bike and the pipe is not damaged at all ( ive been lucky so far ) its got a few minor scratches on it but that all - i can polish it up a bit im a car detailer. Im not sure about price yet i gotta find out what they sell for new and then work out a fair price.

Ive also got a hyde bashplate and pipe guard with extra strong clamps that i want to sell too - gave me the shits having to take it off to wash bike all the time and the standard clamps around the pipe kept snapping, so ive had enough of that.

just thought id mention it let me know if you are interested?

Brendan.
Old 11-07-2009
dbw Pro Champion

Ive put a FMF Gnarly on my 09 300 i got it from BTO in the States, Monkeybutt are a little bit cheaper but stuff seems to take a bit longer to arrive.

As Nicholls has said they are a stronger pipe and give you better power down low and in the mid.

www.blingkingproducts.com.au
Old 11-07-2009
dbw Pro Legend

I'll sell you a ktm/fmf hard parts pipe for $400 plus postage. It's brand new and never fitted. That's $200 off retail.
Old 12-07-2009
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholls View Post
Hi Mr ktm520, i know where your coming from i have a 09 ktm 300 and love it more and more every time i ride it. Anyway back to pipes...

Just an option if you wanted to save a bit of cash. Im going to put a FMF Gnarly on mine soon cos they are meant to be heaps tougher than the stock one and im mainly after low to mid range power cos thats what i mainly use on the tracks that i ride on. I was probably going to sell my stock unit so if you want i can sell it to you if you want its up to you?

Ive done about 1200 k's on the bike and the pipe is not damaged at all ( ive been lucky so far ) its got a few minor scratches on it but that all - i can polish it up a bit im a car detailer. Im not sure about price yet i gotta find out what they sell for new and then work out a fair price.

Ive also got a hyde bashplate and pipe guard with extra strong clamps that i want to sell too - gave me the shits having to take it off to wash bike all the time and the standard clamps around the pipe kept snapping, so ive had enough of that.

just thought id mention it let me know if you are interested?

Brendan.
Another happy 09 300 owner here

Hey Nicholls, any chance you could post up some details (with Pics would be good) of the mods you did to the Hyde Bashplate mounts. I've never been happy with the way it clamps onto the pipe and have been looking for ways to modify it.

Sorry to hi jack this thread.

Cheers,
Pete...
Certified 2smokebloke
"Never argue with an idiot ! They'll bash you down to their level and beat you with experience everytime !!!"
Wasted Space,
Wasted Space,
Wasted Space...(Just for you Benny)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009
dbw Pro

Thanks for the help people. I'm definitly interested in buying your second hand pipe 'nichols'. Maybe just work out how much you want for it and PM me. I'll give you a call.

300Pete. I'll have a look around and see whats out there in terms of cost. I didn't realise they'd be so expensive. I might just take your of your hands. I'll let you know.

I already have a hyde plate (on both mine and my mates) so I won't need that. I forgot to mention that I got his year model wrong. The one I need the pipe for is an 08 model. Does that matter? I think they all have the same PN pipe anyway don't they? From like 04 or something?
Old 12-07-2009
dbw Factory Pro

hey ktm520 ill get back to you some time this week and let you know a price regarding the stock pipe that i have.

And 300pete, what i did for my hyde pipeguard is go to Bursons (not sure if they are in queensland) and get these clamps i think they call 'super clamps'. instead of being a worm drive they sort of hold together with a bolt and everything about them is much more heavy duty. my ktm dealer said alot of guys end up turfing the shitty standard clamps and getting these and then the problem is fixed.

I bought some of these heavy duty hose clamps but have never tried them as ive havn't used my pipeguard since ( i think im over pipe guards for now ) but im told they work well. ill try to put up a pic if i can work it out but yeah all you need to do is source much stronger hose clamps and you should be right.

I havn't really modified it just used stronger clamps. Hope this helps.

Brendan.

Last edited by Brendan.N; 12-07-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: adding
Old 12-07-2009
dbw Pro Legend

hows about a brand new stock pipe

ive never fitted mine as i got from new a fmf pipe so let me know if new is your way to go send me a PM

Regs

JB

& also to note i have a modified hyde bash plate & will post up some picks.. Gidders did it & it does fit the fmf but burns at the far left side due to the fmf bend

JB

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Finance for DBW users at Mates rates
PM JB for details
(25yrs in the game)
Old 12-07-2009
dbw Pro Legend

I think the stock pipe sells for over $700 from ktm. Tell em their dreaming.
Old 15-07-2009
dbw Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoman View Post
I think the stock pipe sells for over $700 from ktm. Tell em their dreaming.
There is one on ebay this week.

better known as FLIPPER

KTM 450 EXC (13)
CRF 70 (12) DAUGHTERS
KTM 150 SX (10) SONS
DRZ 125 (03) WIFES
KTM 450 EXC (06)

KTM 65 SX (06) SONS,KTM 300 EXC (00) SOLD,YZF 600 (96) SOLD,KTM 540 (89) SIDECAR SOLD,KTM 500 (87) SIDECAR SOLD,GT 550 (84) SOLD,KTM 125 (83) SOLD,KTM 125 (81) SOLD,RM 80X (80) SOLD,GT 80 (76) SOLD
Sponsored Links