dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: www.blingkingproducts.com.au

Old 01-12-2009
dbw Pro Hero

out there it will need 4 millon dollars worth of watering infrastructure just to make it rideable for the first half a dozen riders of the day...
the rest will just have to suffer
Old 01-12-2009
dbw Pro Hero

Bob Wiley Secretary of the Trail Bike Action Group interview from abc radio
http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/bob-wiley.mp3
Old 01-12-2009
dbw Pro Legend

Interesting....

But from Robo's map I'd assume that the trail bike area will be no where near the other activities, Maybe on the eastern or western extent???
It also sounds like they are designing it as a ride park as opposed to a day use area like guerilla is meant to be. Hopefully that means they will cater for juniors, as it is it does not state whether the area will allow unregistered unlicenced and under age riders.

I think Bob Wiley's group TBAG are the ones that send propagander out to all the old people saying "ring the police and winge every time you hear a motorbike" When my Ex used to work at Jimboomba news paper she had to deal with him every week winging about every trail bike story.

Bike History: Yamaha AG100->Yamaha AG200->Honda XR350R->Kawasaki GPX250->Yamaha XT600->Yamaha TT350 -> 2002 Suzuki DR-Z 300->2006 Yamaha WR290F

Can you guess I like my engine size between 250>400 ???
Old 01-12-2009
dbw Pro Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam250f View Post
i heard it on the radio it will cost 4 million ands its only 30kms of tracks
They don't say how long it will take to cost $4 mill. Stage one is 30 km of track, mx track and some facilities. It says goverment putting in $1 mill and land to start. I'm guesing this is including wages of people operating the park. I don't think on ground works will see anywhere near the $1 mill mark (read, bureaucracy will absorb a decent share) and it will be interesting to see how long it takes to roll out the $4 mill.

Like has been said before, at least it could be a step in the right direction. I just hope that the trails are good and it then gets good support because if it doesn't I'd reckon it will be a while before any politician will stick his neck out again in support of dirt bikes.
Old 01-12-2009
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane450 View Post
I m more comcerned with the Plantations being privatised , I believe we will find they will crack down on unrego then they will start on us
+1.......heard that article on the wireless and thought exactly the same thing------there goes the neighbourhood
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009
dbw Pro Hero

another take from the abc,you may not have to travel all the way down to beaudesert...

Trail bike track planned for SE Qld
30 November 2009 - 4:20pm | Source: ABC
share this - email, favourites, social bookmarks and more

State and local governments say they will spend up to $4 million to build south east Queensland's first dedicated trail bike facility.

30 kilometres of tracks are to be built on the 745 hectares of state-owned land surrounding the Wyaralong Dam, south of Beaudesert.

The South East Queensland Council of Mayors Chairman, Campbell Newman, says plans are being drawn up and construction is expected to start next year.

"We won't stop there though - we'll also be looking at other places around the region," he said.

"We probably need another large facility like this perhaps between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.

"There's also a need for smaller facilities - more accessible to people for short term trips."

Councillor Newman says a number of councils will contribute funding to the facility.

The State Government says illegal riding in suburban bushland is becoming a major problem.
Old 01-12-2009
dbw Factory Pro

The 1 at Beaudesert I'd say will eventually take over from Tivoli MX track as the lease hasn't been renewed for it, and MQ is also looking for an area to build a natural terrain MX track for Thunder X type events, but they are going to need a hell of a lot of water to make it work.

If they plan on trying to set up a few then my hand is in the air on my property, might make the red tape a bit easier to get through.
Old 03-12-2009
dbw Pro Hero

well if the local beaudesert times is correct with it's map...

the location will be a lot closer to boonah than beaudesert not that it matters.....
the location that they have shown on a map is the range on the boonah side of sandy crk.left hand side of current beaudesert/boonah road...
here is a link you will see sandy crk on the right of screen the hills to the left is what the beauy times had as the site...
dam will be on the right hand side of current road,but don't think it will ever back up that far..
hope i am wrong about that...
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UT...54502&t=h&z=14
Old 03-12-2009
dbw Factory Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo67 View Post
well if the local beaudesert times is correct with it's map...

the location will be a lot closer to boonah than beaudesert not that it matters.....
the location that they have shown on a map is the range on the boonah side of sandy crk.left hand side of current beaudesert/boonah road...
here is a link you will see sandy crk on the right of screen the hills to the left is what the beauy times had as the site...
dam will be on the right hand side of current road,but don't think it will ever back up that far..
hope i am wrong about that...
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UT...54502&t=h&z=14
Sounds like a good spot, only 30min from my place. although I have a 5k enduro loop in my back yard, so i'm not exactly driving along time for a ride now.

It's looks close to where they hold the pony express round at washpool.
Old 17-12-2009
dbw Pro Legend

There must be some votes in this!

Got a letter from Anna today!
Mark
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Anna Trailbike Park 091215.pdf (75.5 KB, 48 views)

Unifilter Air Filter oil ALWAYS!
Currently on the bench! F'n collar bone!
Sponsored Links