dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums

Go Back   dbw - dirtbikeworld.net Members Forums > General Forums > General Bike Related Discussion

General Bike Related Discussion Proudly Sponsored by: www.blingkingproducts.com.au

Old 27-12-2004
dbw Factory Pro

Question legal places to ride dirt bikes

I was reading through a few threads like the "code of conduct" thread and was thinking to my self just how many public places are there to ride in around Brisbane? basically i would like as many ppl to list as many places they can think of to ride dirt bikes legally but they must match this criteria;

1) conditional registered bikes bust be able to ride there.

2) must be free.

3) can be privately owned but must be open to public.

4) must not need written permission.

5) non government land ie state forest, or locally owned council property as you cant ride on city council land its illegal.

please post as many places you can think of around the Brisbane area with in 200Km of Brisbane CBD.
basically i want to know the worth of conditional registration and of course to let other ppl know of riding areas freely open to the public
:E
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Pro Addict

conditional rego isn't currently acceptable anywhere except organised trailrides, but there are quite a few of them around.
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Factory Pro

is there any places then that you can just turn up and ride legally with out being fully reg'd?
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Pro

Location: Dayboro - where you can hear the banjos in the hills and the locals all have bucked teeth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
is there any places then that you can just turn up and ride legally with out being fully reg'd?
From what I've been able to find out, there's none at all that you don't have to pay money for... it's a bummer to say the least.
It seems like there are a few places such as "The Bridge to Nowhere" that the Police turn a blind eye to when it suits them but they still aren't legal and you'll be looking over your shoulder the whole time.

Muzza
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Pro Legend

Private property if you want it free, or one of the parks for which of course you have to pay. QLD has this crazy rule about more than 3 vehicles ( I think its's 3) travelling in the same direction on the same path on private property constitutes a road and so some road rules apply, also if there is a complaint I think it creates more trouble as well. Hence why BD and places like that were keen for the Cond Reg for the Compulsory Third Party component which covered them a little more.

The liver is EVIL and must be PUNISHED

www.bincare.com.au
Franchise for sale
Sponsored Links
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Factory Pro

see this is the point i was trying to make by making this thread for ppl that have bikes that cant be regd for one reason or another there isnt much of a choice for riding ride illegaly or not at all. i think that if there where a few legilation changes to the way conditional reg'd could be used then i think you would find a lot more ppl would be inclined to use it. but as it stands why would you pay for cond reg'd to just make it easyer for the police to come down on you, by this i mean you cant ride in the state forests with cond red'g so why get it and hang a plate off your bike for the police to see so they can nail you later. well this is the general opinion i get from talking to ppl at BD and various other places.

what my point is is that the majority of dirtbikes are non ADR approved but can be cond reg'd but there is still nowhere really for cond reg'd bikes to ride openly like fully reg'd bikes. this new year i want to get cond reg'd and join FOHVA and DSMRA and try and go on as many of their rides as possible but i just wish cond or rec reg'd abit more like full reg'd, the only difference i can see between cond and full is a handfull of lights and the right to ride on the road. so why cant they make lights part of the cond reg'd requirements and allow the bikes in the bush?

P.S. on the note of BD, ive heard wispers from the gatton comunity that ppl in the town are getting sick of BD and want it closed cause a few idiots come out of BD and run a muck in the town and pubs on the way home (its not clear if dirt bikes where actually involved or just the ppl that ride em)
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Pro Addict

cond registered bikes are self assessed and can come off the factory floor as noisy as you like. motocross bikes are designed for motocross tracks, I agree it'd be great if we could all ride wherever we liked, but if you buy a bike designed for a moto track, it seems a bit silly to bitch that you can't ride it in the bush, when there are heaps of bikes available to legally ride in the bush.
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Factory Pro

crossers arnt the only non adr bikes out there.
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Factory Pro

my point is and was that ppl are doin it anyway and always will but if the ligislation was changed ppl would be more likely to follow the law and it would be safer, you have insurance and less ppl runing from the police.
Old 28-12-2004
dbw Pro Addict

there aren't many bikes other than crossers that aren't adr'd, and there are no reasons to buy those above an adr'd bike anyway. but yes, useful cond rego would be good, but it hasn't happened at this point, just like heaps of other things that 'would be good'.
Sponsored Links