Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any e-bike MTB riders here?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Those-club who-do purchase-one of-those.
    It necessitates shaved legs: Air-resistance.

    Whatever does-you-happy: Glad-you-seek.
    Know what you want & reverse-engineer it.

    $26 grand for farks sake, it's a debited-loss.
    I'd reverse-engineer my wife & kids for less.

    Edit: Not really... Hypothetically... I wouldn't ever.
    Yet: Yoose-do get-my-point: I-we wank in private.
    ===============================

    Kinda irrelevant... Yet to bait yoose nonetheless:
    I'd rather a Camry & Cessna than a Lamborghini.
    Each to their own: I respect that: Please tell me?
    The More I Learn... The Less I Know.
    That Which Doesn't Change... Stays The Same.
    Those That Don't Fall... Just Aren't Trying Hard Enough.
    Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
    Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

    *George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pendo View Post
      And the new Levo SL 'Founders Edition' $26,500!!!!!!
      "Tell them they're dreamin"
      https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydn...00-/1235709610

      $26,500 for pushy or $1990 for ADR motor bike..... sure the quality wonít be there but it does give a good indication of what things actually cost to manufacture

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Medium Rare View Post
        https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydn...00-/1235709610

        $26,500 for pushy or $1990 for ADR motor bike..... sure the quality wonít be there but it does give a good indication of what things actually cost to manufacture
        Are they still rebirthed bikes?
        I can't understand why they don't advertise them as recycled
        ...trendy hipsters would be all over them.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
          Are they still rebirthed bikes?
          I can't understand why they don't advertise them as recycled
          ...trendy hipsters would be all over them.
          No idea, I didnít know they existed until this afternoon when I got lost down a gumtree rabbit hole. Thatís a couple of hours of my life I wish I could have back.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by hairyone
            Kinda irrelevant... Yet to bait yoose nonetheless:
            I'd rather a Camry & Cessna than a Lamborghini.
            Each to their own: I respect that: Please tell me?
            Iíd take an r44 over a fixed wing

            Comment


            • Selling bikes that haven't been imported yet....BRAAAP need to pay their fines and get back onto liquidity.

              https://www.examiner.com.au/story/5963222/braaap-convicted-fined-over-motorbike-breaches/
              CRF 100F 2004
              Beta XT 2020

              Comment


              • The problem with BRAAAP selling bikes before they get here, is they would probably be made in china & a lot of manufacturing is closed down ?
                2000 ktm 400 exc
                2015 Sherco 300i 6 day
                1986 Honda TLR 250 trials bike x 2

                Comment


                • Question for DBW brains trust

                  I have just put my second new cassette on my eMTB. I am prematurely wearing out the second largest cog. Anyone know why this would be?

                  First one it just wouldn't hold the gear, chain kept falling off. I did all sorts of trouble shooting and eventually changed the full wheel, brakes, cassette and all over from my missus's bike. Problem gone. My wheel on her bike gave same result as on mine. So I bought two new cassettes last September.

                  Last week the bike starts playing up again, so I changed to a new chain (I know, I should have replaced chain with cassette back in September). Anyway it then acted like it was skipping a tooth in second and was unrideable in second. Close inspection of the cog shows wear and gouge marks. Changed wheel again with the other bike and problem gone. my wheel on the other bike skips teeth.

                  So I just put my second new cassette on, problem solved. I've spoken to a couple of knowledgeable mates about it and they don't know wtf. I don't really want this to keep happening as I am throwing away an otherwise perfect cassette just to replace second gear.

                  Any ideas? Bike is my Merida e160 900e.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Pete40 View Post
                    I have just put my second new cassette on my eMTB. I am prematurely wearing out the second largest cog. Anyone know why this would be?

                    First one it just wouldn't hold the gear, chain kept falling off. I did all sorts of trouble shooting and eventually changed the full wheel, brakes, cassette and all over from my missus's bike. Problem gone. My wheel on her bike gave same result as on mine. So I bought two new cassettes last September.

                    Last week the bike starts playing up again, so I changed to a new chain (I know, I should have replaced chain with cassette back in September). Anyway it then acted like it was skipping a tooth in second and was unrideable in second. Close inspection of the cog shows wear and gouge marks. Changed wheel again with the other bike and problem gone. my wheel on the other bike skips teeth.

                    So I just put my second new cassette on, problem solved. I've spoken to a couple of knowledgeable mates about it and they don't know wtf. I don't really want this to keep happening as I am throwing away an otherwise perfect cassette just to replace second gear.

                    Any ideas? Bike is my Merida e160 900e.
                    Some cassettes have aluminium cogs on the largest gears, is the second gear aluminium?
                    Might be worth finding an all steel cassette.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                      Some cassettes have aluminium cogs on the largest gears, is the second gear aluminium?
                      Might be worth finding an all steel cassette.
                      A mate suggested that. I reckon next buy I'll look into it for sure. Current ones definitely file as if they are alloy.

                      Comment


                      • How are your gear changes? I found I needed to back off the power momentarily when changing (just like the bike old hub gears of the 1970s) otherwise it made some nasty noises.
                        Also check your chain stretch regularly, can buy a tool for this. When my chain reaches .05 stretch I change it. I've only just changed the cassette after going through 5 chains and about 2,500k's.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pendo View Post
                          How are your gear changes? I found I needed to back off the power momentarily when changing (just like the bike old hub gears of the 1970s) otherwise it made some nasty noises.
                          Also check your chain stretch regularly, can buy a tool for this. When my chain reaches .05 stretch I change it. I've only just changed the cassette after going through 5 chains and about 2,500k's.
                          DI2. I will admit I find them "clunkier" than non-DI2. Since changing to the latest cassette and chain, it is super smooth 3 to 2. It's way clunkier changing other gears. It's a definite theory but I don't buy it. Why only 2nd gear goes bad? It's a weird one.

                          Comment


                          • Is second gear in the area of gears you use the most? When trail riding I seem to use only two to three gears and they have the most wear.
                            Gear changes should be as smooth as silk, if its noisy / clunky maybe too much power still through pedals? When transitioning from downhill to a steep climb, I change down to a good climbing gear on the down hill section whilst there is no tension on the chain. Its taken a few years but I can change gears on climbs when needed without a noise (but still stuff up 30% of the time).
                            Keep checking chain wear though, if they stretch too much it makes gear changing difficult.

                            Comment


                            • I reckon I use 3/4 most of the time, but climbing I use 3/2/1, mostly 3. I can see wear on only second gear. Just some small burrs. The cogs on second might be leaning slightly outward. I'll try to take a couple of photos tomorrow. There is no perceptible "noise" or bad sounding gear changes until a couple of days before it goes kaput.

                              Comment


                              • Ok so there's quite a bit of play (movement) in the cassette. It seems to be like when there's play in a clutch basket. The cogs can rotate (move) slightly backwards and forwards. The lock nut is bloody tight, so I doubt it's that. Is the spline the cogs go onto something that wears? Or am I looking at a warranty issue? Cogs from size 3 and smaller move the most.

                                My cassette has the same movement as in this video.

                                https://youtu.be/A6TpHgbbEGM

                                When I tighten mine there's a discernible clunk or notchy feel as it gets really tight. There's not very many threads on those lock nuts, I'm scared to overtigthen it. I might try to clean and lube the nut and thread inside.
                                Last edited by Pete40; 12-05-2020, 10:04 AM.

                                Comment

                                antalya escort
                                medyumlar
                                huluhub.com
                                kartal escort
                                ankara escort
                                Working...
                                X