Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

great TPI's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    GGG / Pete theres nothing to say that both your points of view / opinions aren't anything but spot on, relative to your own experiences.
    And Given your ride preferences, localities and experiences.
    Aka the many tyre threads here over the years!

    I know back in early 18' when I had the offer of riding all the then new MY '18 EXC (F) bikes ( other than the 300TPI...as one wasn't available / in Aust dealer captivity) back to back to back - 250 carb / tpi & 300 carb - If IIRC my post on here said at that time that the tpi was smooth linear blah blah blah, even when accommodating for the electronic cool' aids.

    But if you look at it - there's one variable between the 2t carb and the tpi currently that cant be replicated / modified or currently messed with. And thats the point where the mixing of the fuel / air mixture occurs in relation to the relative point of compression & ignition.

    The carb happens earlier in comparison to where the tpi occuring - meaning much later in the flow of air into and towards the combustion chamber. It is therefores far closer and offers less opportunity for the mixture to combine and turbulence whole to occur in the process.

    Now whether Mattinghoffen's Enginners have been as conservative as they where proven to be when they intro'd EFI to the 4T range, which over the coming MY'ers they updated / refreshed / improved the 4T EFI - in particular the EFI calibration - acknowledging that the engineer's prime responsibility isn't to you - GGG' or you Pete or even the likes of Dan Milner or anyone other owner - But to make the motor compliant with the worldwide emission settings! So is this probably where the fact of the matter currently is where the TPI's motor development / calibration is? (was in '18) and is progressing ongoing. And the fundamental reason why the carb model - at its peak of development (old skool mechanical calibration) - vs the tpi being conservatively / digitally calibrated in its fuel air ratio and therefore toning down the sudden rush of air fuel that is inherent in the carbs basic design.

    Pete Also - when you look at most if not all the major MX/Enduro teams in w/wide competition running 4T's, employ the GET management system with its additional (2nd) fuel injector nozzle positioned at the air intake trumpet plus all its ECU trickery / customisation - reaffirms what you pointed out that 2T development is probably heading down the same track - Throttle Body Injection. And inherent in that design addresses the whole air / fuel mixing / turbulence / to be started earlier in the 2T induction process. And who knows may bring back that kick / snap off idle.

    Anyway just get on your bikes and ride what ya brung !

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Motoxfox View Post

      Shiirely ....You Cannot be Swerious !
      Have you....... been buying the flagons of McWilliams port again Pops?

      PS Pops How about a H/Bar Button activation?
      Be great for the post ride carpark loading ramp burnouts !
      It be a bit awkward to ride, but you can take the carb out , squirt in some aerostart, kick it over, soon as it starts start squirting in premix straight at the crank, the amount of fuel squirted is the throttle .
      ^roost

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Pete40 View Post

        I think you meant TPI, but anyway a TPI that's had TSP head, ECU etc is good, same as my 2018 carby with TSP head and Kehin carb and TSP ignition. But comparing the 2 (TPI and carby with similar mods), the carby is better off the bottom. This is not just my own opinion, we have had 4 riders jump from one straight to the other, same opinion. BTW the TPI has also had different throttle cams tried as well.
        Yep TPI

        Is the bottom end issue TPI, or just the way they're making/tuning the motors now?

        I've had 4 EFI 350Fs. The first generation absolutely cracked off the bottom and signed off early up top. The second incarnation had better top end, but was a bit softer off the bottom requiring an aftermarket pipe to liven it up again. The current ones are peaky up top and near dead of the bottom compared to the original. Pipe and tune really gets them cracking. I have friends with WR250s noting similar progressions.

        Is this merely the bike manufacturers steering the punters towards aftermarket solutions to increase their returns. Would the same motor be any stronger off the bottom with a carby?

        Similar to the ol linkage v PDS argument. People often compare their old chassis and different front end set ups and blame everything on PDS when is all reality, apples v apples there's very little difference.
        Total Tools Penrith
        127 Coreen Avenue
        Best Service, Best Brands, Best Prices, Biggest Range.
        Like Us On Facebook

        Comment


        • #49
          Agreed tmac

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Pete40 View Post

            When did I ever say I hated TPI bikes. I have presented an actual problem that they have, looking for a solution. That's all. Obviously the way you guys ride them suits you. Great.
            i never said you hate them
            Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
            Huskly lovin bike whore

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Motoxfox View Post
              GGG / Pete theres nothing to say that both your points of view / opinions aren't anything but spot on, relative to your own experiences.
              And Given your ride preferences, localities and experiences.
              Aka the many tyre threads here over the years!

              I know back in early 18' when I had the offer of riding all the then new MY '18 EXC (F) bikes ( other than the 300TPI...as one wasn't available / in Aust dealer captivity) back to back to back - 250 carb / tpi & 300 carb - If IIRC my post on here said at that time that the tpi was smooth linear blah blah blah, even when accommodating for the electronic cool' aids.

              But if you look at it - there's one variable between the 2t carb and the tpi currently that cant be replicated / modified or currently messed with. And thats the point where the mixing of the fuel / air mixture occurs in relation to the relative point of compression & ignition.

              The carb happens earlier in comparison to where the tpi occuring - meaning much later in the flow of air into and towards the combustion chamber. It is therefores far closer and offers less opportunity for the mixture to combine and turbulence whole to occur in the process.

              Now whether Mattinghoffen's Enginners have been as conservative as they where proven to be when they intro'd EFI to the 4T range, which over the coming MY'ers they updated / refreshed / improved the 4T EFI - in particular the EFI calibration - acknowledging that the engineer's prime responsibility isn't to you - GGG' or you Pete or even the likes of Dan Milner or anyone other owner - But to make the motor compliant with the worldwide emission settings! So is this probably where the fact of the matter currently is where the TPI's motor development / calibration is? (was in '18) and is progressing ongoing. And the fundamental reason why the carb model - at its peak of development (old skool mechanical calibration) - vs the tpi being conservatively / digitally calibrated in its fuel air ratio and therefore toning down the sudden rush of air fuel that is inherent in the carbs basic design.

              Pete Also - when you look at most if not all the major MX/Enduro teams in w/wide competition running 4T's, employ the GET management system with its additional (2nd) fuel injector nozzle positioned at the air intake trumpet plus all its ECU trickery / customisation - reaffirms what you pointed out that 2T development is probably heading down the same track - Throttle Body Injection. And inherent in that design addresses the whole air / fuel mixing / turbulence / to be started earlier in the 2T induction process. And who knows may bring back that kick / snap off idle.

              Anyway just get on your bikes and ride what ya brung !
              TBI wont pass emisions, the tuberlance thing well a carbs fuel is sucked in by vaccum and TPI is under 50psi introduced with a finer mist spray going against the incoming airflow so which is mixed better?? very hard to tell.

              i just reckon KTM have gone very conservitive on fuel and igntion mapping to make the bike more friendly, it all started in 2014 with the head change

              Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
              Huskly lovin bike whore

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by ggg View Post

                i never said you hate them
                Yeah, I meant to quote the gypsy there, That wasn't replying to you. Anyway, as you said, move on.

                Comment


                • #53
                  might have to change the title of the thread, had my first CCPS issue yesterday.
                  3500ks in felt like a fouling spark plug but it was not, bike ran good on second run but looks like i need a spare now
                  Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
                  Huskly lovin bike whore

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by ggg View Post
                    might have to change the title of the thread, had my first CCPS issue yesterday.
                    3500ks in felt like a fouling spark plug but it was not, bike ran good on second run but looks like i need a spare now
                    Surely it's nothing that a swig of Gypsy's Koolaid won't fix
                    Your signature probably needs updating more so than the thread title though.

                    It still blows my mind the km's you've clocked up in only 6 months or so.
                    Do you commute on the bike, or has it all been in the bush?
                    I've ridden about as much as I think my family can withstand in the last 18 months and still don't think I'd be anywhere close to 500km's/month.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by ggg View Post
                      might have to change the title of the thread, had my first CCPS issue yesterday.
                      3500ks in felt like a fouling spark plug but it was not, bike ran good on second run but looks like i need a spare now
                      The 2020 onwards have 2 CCPS if you get stuck in the bush you can swap them over and get going again if 1 happens to fail.



                      Sent from my iPhone using dirtbikeworld

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post

                        Surely it's nothing that a swig of Gypsy's Koolaid won't fix
                        Your signature probably needs updating more so than the thread title though.

                        It still blows my mind the km's you've clocked up in only 6 months or so.
                        Do you commute on the bike, or has it all been in the bush?
                        I've ridden about as much as I think my family can withstand in the last 18 months and still don't think I'd be anywhere close to 500km's/month.
                        i live the adelaide hills and ride mostly a part of every weekend my local loop is 85ks straight out the front yard and i also am in 2 dirt bike clubs and do 2 days weekend rides.

                        i do not commute on the bike apart from trailriding to ST, new bike and i like to ride alot., last bike 550 hrs 24,000ks from feb 2015 to feb 2021
                        Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
                        Huskly lovin bike whore

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Gypsy501 View Post

                          The 2020 onwards have 2 CCPS if you get stuck in the bush you can swap them over and get going again if 1 happens to fail.



                          Sent from my iPhone using dirtbikeworld
                          yes i know was looking at that yesterday but too much work and i was just 3 mins away from home so returned, 20 mins later i just went back on the ride and did 90ks without issue but once it starts its not going to get any better over time.

                          i have read all the CCPS threads nearly did not get a TPI because of all those threads but i like my 2 strokes, i will remove the tank and have a closer look, ideally if i had a spare and easier access to replace that will be enough.

                          worst case sell it and get a 250 4 stroke and rev the crap out of it
                          Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
                          Huskly lovin bike whore

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Motoxfox View Post

                            Must be Local riding only ....school zones etc.
                            Tho I heard NSW were going bezerko full of speed camera's
                            we talkin dirt bikes or road bikes?
                            It pumps one way and then it pumps the other...
                            you have to know what you're doing with these machines and wear gloves
                            Current rides: 125 trially, 200EXC, 2x 250EXCs, XR70, DRZ70, Banshee
                            https://paypal.me/dreamfieldtheory

                            Comment

                            antalya escort
                            medyumlar
                            huluhub.com
                            kartal escort
                            ankara escort
                            Working...
                            X