Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knees worn out pain what's best to take

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by threadersmal View Post
    I Had my right knee done April last year after 2 years plus of bone on bone pain Mobic was prescribed and did the job but not a drug ou want to be on long term.

    if you can get the replacement done just do it recovery was very quick for me
    Not mucking about with my left knee
    Last November out of the blue while in a meeting it stared to hurt , by the end of the meeting i could hardly walk ended up going home and missing the xmas party.

    Last month first of the cold weather and BANG its back Arthritis this Knee has be fully reconstructed twice (Skied professionally for over 10 years) and not this time booked in for August another metal knee coming up stuff the pain :grinning-
    Sherco 450 Race Replica

    http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/

    R.I.P Booma

    Verbier My Fav destination

    Club Mud#83

    1975 XR75 First bike
    1988 Husky AE430
    2002 VOR 530
    2006 Gas Gas 450 FSE
    2007 Honda Fireblade 1000RR
    2007 Sherco 4.5 Race Replica
    2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

    Current bikes
    2016 Beta 480
    1978 XR75 4.5

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by threadersmal View Post
      Not mucking about with my left knee
      Last November out of the blue while in a meeting it stared to hurt , by the end of the meeting i could hardly walk ended up going home and missing the xmas party.

      Last month first of the cold weather and BANG its back Arthritis this Knee has be fully reconstructed twice (Skied professionally for over 10 years) and not this time booked in for August another metal knee coming up stuff the pain :grinning-
      Out of interest how long do the surgeons say they last? I think I'll be getting one or two later in life myself

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Medium Rare View Post

        Out of interest how long do the surgeons say they last? I think I'll be getting one or two later in life myself
        Me surgeon says it will out last me i am 53 and that still riding and skiing

        Mal
        Sherco 450 Race Replica

        http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/

        R.I.P Booma

        Verbier My Fav destination

        Club Mud#83

        1975 XR75 First bike
        1988 Husky AE430
        2002 VOR 530
        2006 Gas Gas 450 FSE
        2007 Honda Fireblade 1000RR
        2007 Sherco 4.5 Race Replica
        2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

        Current bikes
        2016 Beta 480
        1978 XR75 4.5

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by threadersmal View Post
          Me surgeon says it will out last me i am 53 and that still riding and skiing

          Mal
          That's good to know.

          Comment


          • #20
            A good supplement to take is glucosamine with added chondroitin. Gally told me abut it in 2004. Works for me and the missus. She's a runner.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Pete40 View Post
              A good supplement to take is glucosamine with added chondroitin. Gally told me abut it in 2004. Works for me and the missus. She's a runner.
              Been taking it for years

              Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
              Sherco 450 Race Replica

              http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/

              R.I.P Booma

              Verbier My Fav destination

              Club Mud#83

              1975 XR75 First bike
              1988 Husky AE430
              2002 VOR 530
              2006 Gas Gas 450 FSE
              2007 Honda Fireblade 1000RR
              2007 Sherco 4.5 Race Replica
              2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

              Current bikes
              2016 Beta 480
              1978 XR75 4.5

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by threadersmal View Post
                I Had my right knee done April last year after 2 years plus of bone on bone pain Mobic was prescribed and did the job but not a drug ou want to be on long term.

                if you can get the replacement done just do it recovery was very quick for me
                Originally posted by threadersmal View Post
                Not mucking about with my left knee
                Last November out of the blue while in a meeting it stared to hurt , by the end of the meeting i could hardly walk ended up going home and missing the xmas party.

                Last month first of the cold weather and BANG its back Arthritis this Knee has be fully reconstructed twice (Skied professionally for over 10 years) and not this time booked in for August another metal knee coming up stuff the pain :grinning-
                Originally posted by Pete40 View Post
                A good supplement to take is glucosamine with added chondroitin. Gally told me abut it in 2004. Works for me and the missus. She's a runner.
                Originally posted by threadersmal View Post
                Been taking it for years

                Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
                Oh.
                .
                Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
                .

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Tom68 View Post
                  Howdidyago Berger ?

                  Finally got a Doctor willing to look at my dicky hip that's been playing up for 25 years, getting bad now.

                  MRI done, Doc "you need a hip replacement" me "yer like in a few years" Doc, just looks at me weird.

                  I've got cartlidge on top for weight bearing so will try the lifestyle changes and see what happens.

                  It's been clicking and clunking for 25 years, pain is a more recent thing that comes and goes, more pain every time, if I can reduce the fluid build up I'm hoping the pain will go.
                  I have a mate who had problems with his hip for years and now for 2 years it's come fine. he has not worked for 10 years or so but drank and smoked everyday, he became real big fat slob siting about at home on the bong and had a heart attack at 54yo and now has given up all the dope and drinking and smoking, smoking fags was the hardest by far he said and claims walking every day has fixed his hip up fine.

                  I think that drinking too much beer is not healthy for ones bones and joints, try drinking wine as that maybe better.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Hannenberger View Post
                    I have a mate who had problems with his hip for years and now for 2 years it's come fine. he has not worked for 10 years or so but drank and smoked everyday, he became real big fat slob siting about at home on the bong and had a heart attack at 54yo and now has given up all the dope and drinking and smoking, smoking fags was the hardest by far he said and claims walking every day has fixed his hip up fine.

                    I think that drinking too much beer is not healthy for ones bones and joints, try drinking wine as that maybe better.
                    Pains all but gone over the last two days, almost full range of motion is back, only took 1 Mobic for it Friday.
                    Two days of jack hammering out bollards in the city and replacing info hub windows seems to have cleared the joint of fluid. It's giving the occasional clonk again so all good for now.
                    .
                    Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
                    .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Medium Rare View Post

                      Out of interest how long do the surgeons say they last? I think I'll be getting one or two later in life myself
                      I had a 1/2 knee replacement 15 years ago and its going ok still.
                      The bottom plate has some movement now, nuclear medicine scan or something show blood pooling in the area.
                      Surgeon suggested putting up with it as long as I can before getting a total replacement.
                      Had asterisk braces, too bulky and probably not correctly fitted as they hurt my knee.. Headed to ACT this week to try out CTI, as the injury is covered by DVA I am hoping they cover at least one brace.
                      2018 Beta 480

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        What does a half replacement involve?

                        Did you get the CTI’s yet?

                        I have them and had pods prior to getting them. I think unless your legs are an odd shape (mine apparently aren’t, they told me that when I get measured for the CTI’s) they are not necessary.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          2 months in with Knee Replacemnet all going well , The usual crap sleep for first 6 weeks ect but getting stronger by the day

                          BTW its Mal since the upgrade i cant log back in

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Medium Rare View Post
                            What does a half replacement involve?

                            Did you get the CTI’s yet?

                            I have them and had pods prior to getting them. I think unless your legs are an odd shape (mine apparently aren’t, they told me that when I get measured for the CTI’s) they are not necessary.
                            Yet to hear back from them on the braces, pics should explain the 1/2 replacement.
                            Getting that put in cost me a trip to the DBW gathering in 2005, I think it was the last to be held?

                            Attached Files
                            2018 Beta 480

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I see.... decent looking bit of hardware. Aren’t knees a pharked design.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Yep knees are crap lol
                                best thing is both done know so should be pian free for quite a few years , Looking forward to riding and not feeling a hot knife in my knees again
                                Attached Files
                                Sherco 450 Race Replica

                                http://www.forceaccessories.com.au/

                                R.I.P Booma

                                Verbier My Fav destination

                                Club Mud#83

                                1975 XR75 First bike
                                1988 Husky AE430
                                2002 VOR 530
                                2006 Gas Gas 450 FSE
                                2007 Honda Fireblade 1000RR
                                2007 Sherco 4.5 Race Replica
                                2007 KTM 640 Adventurer

                                Current bikes
                                2016 Beta 480
                                1978 XR75 4.5

                                Comment

                                antalya escort
                                medyumlar
                                huluhub.com
                                kartal escort
                                ankara escort
                                Working...
                                X