Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This flu is Armageddon on our doorstep!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by hairyone View Post
    I'm aware of the Covid-cluster @Batemans Bay wazza & I see you-online:
    Do you have anything to say-contribute atm? I'll delete this post B4 9PM.
    Bus drivers aren't fairing well (we won't mention France) in the UK, locked in a room with randoms gets to be a worry as numbers climb, not forgetting the asymptomatic are quietly moving this virus all through the whole country.
    Last edited by Tom68; 20-07-2020, 09:06 PM.
    .
    Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
    .

    Comment


    • It is getting worse - perhaps people are expected to live forever ?

      A woman in her 100s,
      A woman in her 90s
      - and a woman in her 80s have all died with coronavirus
      Time and tide . .

      Comment


      • that is a cluster of 3. sweet Jesus where all F-cked.

        i am thinking the virus is already spread far and wide and will be impossible to contain

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BigE View Post
          that is a cluster of 3. sweet Jesus where all F-cked.

          i am thinking the virus is already spread far and wide and will be impossible to contain
          Absolutely. We were all going to die eventually, even before the rona.
          Anyone who was making big plans for their 80ís and beyond, might need to get back in touch with reality.
          Likewise, anyone who believed that the government could protect them from viruses forever should probably self administer a hefty uppercut.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
            Absolutely. We were all going to die eventually, even before the rona.
            Anyone who was making big plans for their 80ís and beyond, might need to get back in touch with reality.
            Likewise, anyone who believed that the government could protect them from viruses forever should probably self administer a hefty uppercut.
            I agree 100%. Not any excuse or reason for open slather though (and I'm not suggesting that you said so).
            dr650se previous: dt175, ty175jc, alpina 350, ct110x, xr250y, ty250s, ec300, fr250r
            Its OK to be Human! - hopefully other precious monkeys wont be offended. #SheepToo
            ALL LIVES MATTER!

            Comment


            • .
              Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
              .

              Comment


              • Originally posted by axel View Post
                That's very ordinary if true. Have you a reference site?

                .
                Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does
                .

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pk View Post
                  It is getting worse - perhaps people are expected to live forever ?
                  Dont forget the old inheritance thing, most cretins want to get their hands on it as soon as possible. i can not believe what lengths people go to kill their parents just to get the house and the bank account .
                  ^roost

                  Comment


                  • Friend of ours died from the flu a few years ago. According to the medical staff he was one of many. It was a bad year for influenza.

                    What did the Government do about this flu problem....NOTHING!

                    Consider this article. Note the Government did NOTHING.

                    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...enza-this-year

                    Comment


                    • That article indicates risk of possibly losing up to 0.00016% of the population.

                      COVID is taking down about 3.6% of known infections in the US (140K deaths and about 3.8M known infections).

                      In the UK, they have recorded 45K death from a known 296K infections - 15% death rate!

                      Italy 35K deaths from a known 245K infections - 14%.

                      Spain 28K death from a known 265K infections - 10.5%.

                      All of these countries have gone to lockdown, so we haven't seen the infection run through the population yet.

                      No doubt there are some statistical errors in all of the data sets, but to compare COVID to the flu is flat out stupid.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Von View Post
                        Friend of ours died from the flu a few years ago. According to the medical staff he was one of many. It was a bad year for influenza.

                        What did the Government do about this flu problem....NOTHING!

                        Consider this article. Note the Government did NOTHING.

                        https://www.theguardian.com/australi...enza-this-year
                        Nothing? Govt supplied about 13M flu vaccinations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JJW View Post
                          Nothing? Govt supplied about 13M flu vaccinations.
                          Free doctors, xrays, blood tests, hospital treatment.......some people are hard to please eh??

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JJW View Post
                            That article indicates risk of possibly losing up to 0.00016% of the population.

                            COVID is taking down about 3.6% of known infections in the US (140K deaths and about 3.8M known infections).

                            In the UK, they have recorded 45K death from a known 296K infections - 15% death rate!

                            Italy 35K deaths from a known 245K infections - 14%.

                            Spain 28K death from a known 265K infections - 10.5%.

                            All of these countries have gone to lockdown, so we haven't seen the infection run through the population yet.

                            No doubt there are some statistical errors in all of the data sets, but to compare COVID to the flu is flat out stupid.
                            I see your point, but 4000 out of 25M is 0.016% and to compare more accurately to the covid stats you posted, 4000 out of the predicted 2M cases(as per the article) is 0.2%.

                            Your point still stands though. Covid is not the flu.

                            I'm still on the fence as to just how proportional our response has been.
                            Victoria is the perfect example of how heavy handed restrictions are worthless when the premier then turns around and allows particular groups to willfully breach those restrictions because it suits his political agenda

                            Edit:...almost forgot to mention comrade Dan's other great accomplishment, the complete botching of the quarantining of covid cases
                            Last edited by 380EXCQLD; 22-07-2020, 09:47 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Argh ok, my maths failed miserably there!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JJW View Post
                                Nothing? Govt supplied about 13M flu vaccinations.
                                Not around here, only for select few .
                                ^roost

                                Comment

                                antalya escort
                                medyumlar
                                huluhub.com
                                kartal escort
                                ankara escort
                                Working...
                                X