Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This flu is Armageddon on our doorstep!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by OldManRiver View Post
    Sounds like plenty of room for fatal errors of judgement in that strategy.
    Mate, look at farmerbrowns stats. The old people are dying anyway. There should be better measures aimed at protecting them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by farmerbrown View Post
      It might not kill you but..

      Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
      These stats are repeated worldwide in terms of age range. Surely we need to target this instead of the entire population and economy. Noone wants a loved one to die prematurely, but 90 is a pretty good innings. I want my old man to make the ton. Surely there'd be a better way to spend all that job*eeper money to target old people's safety?? FFS!! we can't keep the place shut down. I'm happy to wear a mask in public, it ain't that hard, ask any painter, grinder, welder, doctor, they do it all the time while working.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Pete40 View Post
        Mate, look at farmerbrowns stats. The old people are dying anyway. There should be better measures aimed at protecting them.
        Dead right. I just wondered what might be done to protect them, other than rhetoric.
        dr650se previous: dt175, ty175jc, alpina 350, ct110x, xr250y, ty250s, ec300, fr250r
        Its OK to be Human! - hopefully other precious monkeys wont be offended. #SheepToo
        ALL LIVES MATTER!

        Comment


        • It seems all the anti mask people are all in the 30-40 age group[the inheritance waiting group or the step up the ladder crowd or the real estate mob ] , definitely an agenda there .
          ^roost

          Comment


          • Originally posted by poper View Post
            It seems all the anti mask people are all in the 30-40 age group[the inheritance waiting group or the step up the ladder crowd or the real estate mob ] , definitely an agenda there .
            And they're planning a protest in Melbourne.

            Another proud moment for Vic
            Total Tools Penrith
            127 Coreen Avenue
            Best Service, Best Brands, Best Prices, Biggest Range.
            Like Us On Facebook

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tmac450 View Post
              And they're planning a protest in Melbourne.
              Another proud moment for Vic
              Lets hope it a washout like the BLaMe rally at the domain last week.

              dr650se previous: dt175, ty175jc, alpina 350, ct110x, xr250y, ty250s, ec300, fr250r
              Its OK to be Human! - hopefully other precious monkeys wont be offended. #SheepToo
              ALL LIVES MATTER!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by OldManRiver View Post
                Dead right. I just wondered what might be done to protect them, other than rhetoric.
                Fixing aged care is a start. It is an industry that treats it's workforce very poorly much of the time, and sadly the ones who suffer most because of this are the aged care residents. The mess in Victoria's aged care facilities now is the result of that, and the problem is Australia wide. How we as a society allowed the care of the most vulnerable sector of society fall into the hands of money making enterprises is disgraceful. In much the same way as the manufacturing sector in this country is all but f***ed, this issue needs urgent attention. The time for talking is over.
                I love dirtbikes!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by normanator27 View Post

                  Fixing aged care is a start. It is an industry that treats it's workforce very poorly much of the time, and sadly the ones who suffer most because of this are the aged care residents. The mess in Victoria's aged care facilities now is the result of that, and the problem is Australia wide. How we as a society allowed the care of the most vulnerable sector of society fall into the hands of money making enterprises is disgraceful. In much the same way as the manufacturing sector in this country is all but f***ed, this issue needs urgent attention. The time for talking is over.
                  Howard and Costello are responsible, they privatised the whole system , all the trouble pretty much started from them .
                  ^roost

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by normanator27 View Post
                    Fixing aged care is a start. It is an industry that treats it's workforce very poorly much of the time, and sadly the ones who suffer most because of this are the aged care residents. The mess in Victoria's aged care facilities now is the result of that, and the problem is Australia wide. How we as a society allowed the care of the most vulnerable sector of society fall into the hands of money making enterprises is disgraceful. In much the same way as the manufacturing sector in this country is all but f***ed, this issue needs urgent attention. The time for talking is over.
                    Originally posted by poper View Post
                    Howard and Costello are responsible, they privatised the whole system , all the trouble pretty much started from them .
                    Essentially you're right Popes, if my memory serves me well. Not their finest hour.
                    Fixing aged care is a win/win, as it is effective whether or not in response to covid.
                    dr650se previous: dt175, ty175jc, alpina 350, ct110x, xr250y, ty250s, ec300, fr250r
                    Its OK to be Human! - hopefully other precious monkeys wont be offended. #SheepToo
                    ALL LIVES MATTER!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tom68 View Post



                      Dunno, but can't imagine anybody else ****ing it up as bad as Dan.
                      Yeah. Sure.
                      The second wave was pretty much inevitable.

                      Not seeing anything that Dandrews did/is doing that is objectively worse (or better) than what’s happened in other states.

                      How’s your circle jerk going fellas?
                      How many of you are still claiming that the seasonal flu is worse, that it is all a hoax, that it was made in a Wuhan lab, that the BLM protests were the source of the second wave, and that Hydroxycolorquine is the hidden solution?
                      Still bang on with the facts, hey lads?

                      Have another great day regurgitating the mindless BS you read.

                      (I haven’t read anything since my last post, except for Tom’s post. My life is much more pleasant letting you all enjoy your own circle jerk. My genuine apologies to anyone and everyone who has accepted that the previous shit they posted was shit).
                      Beta 200RR

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Spac View Post
                        How’s your circle jerk going fellas?
                        How many of you are still claiming that the seasonal flu is worse, that it is all a hoax, that it was made in a Wuhan lab, that the BLM protests were the source of the second wave, and that Hydroxycolorquine is the hidden solution?
                        Still bang on with the facts, hey lads?
                        Have another great day regurgitating the mindless BS you read.
                        (I haven’t read anything since my last post, except for Tom’s post. My life is much more pleasant letting you all enjoy your own circle jerk. My genuine apologies to anyone and everyone who has accepted that the previous shit they posted was shit).
                        Thats pathetic Nathan.
                        Have you got anything to say in defence of that diatribe Glen?

                        dr650se previous: dt175, ty175jc, alpina 350, ct110x, xr250y, ty250s, ec300, fr250r
                        Its OK to be Human! - hopefully other precious monkeys wont be offended. #SheepToo
                        ALL LIVES MATTER!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by OldManRiver View Post
                          Thats pathetic Nathan.
                          Have you got anything to say in defence of that diatribe Glen?
                          Lol!! It's nothing to do with me Steve. Well actually, I believe I posted a link to an article relating to the benefits of Hydroxycloroquine when the idea was first floated (an idea that has since been shown to have no merit), so I guess in part that was aimed at me as part of the group

                          I believe that for the most part I support idea's that I believe in, and respectfully disagree with (or just ignore) idea's that I don't, all in the name of promoting reasonable discussion. Responding to vitriol is detrimental to reasonable discussion IMO, so I'll leave it at that.
                          I love dirtbikes!!

                          Comment


                          • This is from The Guardian in 2019

                            > https://www.theguardian.com/australi...enza-this-year


                            Flu experts predict 4,000 Australians will die from influenza this year

                            Flu cases have surged, with 40,000 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza in 2019 so far

                            Australian Associated Press

                            Tue 7 May 2019 16.40 AEST

                            The Immunisation Coalition says the number of flu cases could end up being the highest since 2017, when a quarter of a million laboratory-confirmed cases were recorded.
                            Photograph: Sam Mooy/AAP

                            Australia is headed for a bad flu season after a surge in cases in summer and autumn.

                            Experts predict about 4,000 people will die from complications due to influenza this year as the number of infections increase again following a quiet 2018.

                            There have already been 40,000 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza in 2019, almost three times the number recorded at the same time in recent years.

                            Experts from the Immunisation Coalition have urged people to get vaccinated now so they are protected during the winter flu peak.

                            “What we are really concerned about is that these very large numbers don’t continue on through winter,” medical virologist Prof William Rawlinson said.

                            He said the number of flu cases could end up being the highest since 2017, when a quarter of a million laboratory-confirmed cases were recorded.

                            The 2017 influenza season was the worst since the 2009 swine flu pandemic.

                            Last year there were 58,570 confirmed influenza cases in Australia, although the laboratory numbers do not show the full extent of the flu because most people do not get tested.
                            Time and tide . .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pk View Post
                              This is from The Guardian in 2019

                              > https://www.theguardian.com/australi...enza-this-year


                              The flu vac this year was a placebo or some other thing , no doctor around here were giving them, one chemist line were the only place that you could get it.
                              ^roost

                              Comment


                              • Pk, can you dig out the range of ages for flu deaths?

                                Comment

                                casinoslot bahisnow sultanbet grandpashabet
                                invoisse.com deneme bonusu veren siteler deneme bonusu deneme bonusu veren siteler asikovanje.net bahis siteleri sleephabits.net
                                onlinecasinoss.com
                                yatirimsiz deneme bonusu
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                Demolition derby with badass girls and enjoyed everything teen girls naked having sex Hot babe with gazoo enjoys being fucked hard
                                casino siteleri
                                deneme bonusu veren siteler
                                sincan escort
                                Working...
                                X