Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rekluse on 350?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by andrew300 View Post
    Re, the gearing. You need to go to a smaller rear sprocket in my opinion, not larger. That will make the gearing a little taller and you use the existing torque to full advantage. It will be like lugging it in a higher gear, it won’t rev out as quick and it will be harder to spin the wheel too easily, also you’ll get a higher top speed. Is 13/50 the standard gearing for this bike? I would’ve thought that 13/48 or even 13/47 would be better as an alround gearing choice.
    Yep 13/50 is what it has. This might be worth a try. I achieved similar results with my old Husky by going 1 tooth bigger on the front. I might try the same on the Beta and see what happens.
    I love dirtbikes!!

    Comment


    • #17
      How did you go? One tooth bigger on the front is close to two and a half teeth smaller at the rear. From what you said in your first post, that would be the ticket I reckon.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #18
        To be honest I'm weighing up moving it on and getting on a 300 2t.
        I love dirtbikes!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by normanator27 View Post
          To be honest I'm weighing up moving it on and getting on a 300 2t.
          Thatís not a bad move, maybe Iím biased because I own one, but thereís a lot to like about them.


          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by normanator27 View Post
            To be honest I'm weighing up moving it on and getting on a 300 2t.
            The luggers tool of choice

            The bloke in the vid below recently moved from a 300SEF to the Factory smoker.
            He seems pretty happy so far.
            The hill at 3:30 is a good example of where they shine.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post

              The luggers tool of choice

              The bloke in the vid below recently moved from a 300SEF to the Factory smoker.
              He seems pretty happy so far.
              The hill at 3:30 is a good example of where they shine.
              Awesome video that, definitely sells the idea for me. I'm struggling to make the decision to part ways with the little 350 as it's such a fun little bike in the right circumstances.
              I love dirtbikes!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Well: What are you desiring normanator27
                You know nothing will/does fulfil every role.

                Yet.. If you don't know what you want... It's trial & error?
                Atleast thus far; you do know that/which you don't want.

                I guess what I'd choose: It maybe a 300 2t given my fiddle:
                I want a bike to do everything too, they're not born my way.

                Edit: A modern 300 2t... I'd play with it's pipe & ignition etc.
                It maybe hard & it maybe easy; I'm not starting with a turd.
                The More I Learn... The Less I Know.
                That Which Doesn't Change... Stays The Same.
                Those That Don't Fall... Just Aren't Trying Hard Enough.
                Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
                Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

                *George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by hairyone View Post
                  Well: What are you desiring normanator27
                  You know nothing will/does fulfil every role.

                  Yet.. If you don't know what you want... It's trial & error?
                  Atleast thus far; you do know that/which you don't want.

                  I guess what I'd choose: It maybe a 300 2t given my fiddle.
                  I want a bike to do everything too, they're not born my way.

                  Edit: A modern 300 2t... I'd play with it's pipe & ignition etc.
                  It maybe hard & it maybe easy; I'm not starting with a turd.
                  I want a light bike thats good on ST and has good torque down low, but has a good amount of get up and go for the fire trails. Sounds like a 2t 300 to me.
                  I love dirtbikes!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Make sure you get one with 6 gears.
                    I've tried with 5.... That doesn't work.

                    Edit: Your options are KTM, BETA, GasGas & Sherco?
                    I'm not up on any: Hopefully others have quality input?

                    Edit2: The Husqvarna too. It's a KTM with a linkage.
                    Even a 10yo might work? Factor-in your/my fiddling.
                    The More I Learn... The Less I Know.
                    That Which Doesn't Change... Stays The Same.
                    Those That Don't Fall... Just Aren't Trying Hard Enough.
                    Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
                    Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

                    *George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by hairyone View Post
                      Make sure you get one with 6 gears.
                      I've tried with 5.... That doesn't work.

                      Edit: Your options are KTM, BETA, GasGas & Sherco?
                      I'm not up on any: Hopefully others have quality input?

                      Edit2: The Husqvarna too. It's a KTM with a linkage.
                      Even a 10yo might work? Factor-in your/my fiddling.
                      5 gears works ok for me, thereís such a good spread of torque that Iím not sure that 6 gears has any advantage. That being said, my 300 exc is 20 years old now and thatís what they had back then. The 250ís had 6, and some people did convert their 6 speed 250ís into 300ís by putting on a 300 barrel and conrod, but thatís a bit of mucking around thatís unwarranted in my opinion. It could be that they all have 6 speeds now, I really donít know, but the factory engineers are pretty damn good and usually know whatís best.
                      I did say ďusuallyĒ so donít start flaming me! Lol.


                      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by andrew300 View Post

                        5 gears works ok for me, thereís such a good spread of torque that Iím not sure that 6 gears has any advantage. That being said, my 300 exc is 20 years old now and thatís what they had back then. The 250ís had 6, and some people did convert their 6 speed 250ís into 300ís by putting on a 300 barrel and conrod, but thatís a bit of mucking around thatís unwarranted in my opinion. It could be that they all have 6 speeds now, I really donít know, but the factory engineers are pretty damn good and usually know whatís best.
                        I did say ďusuallyĒ so donít start flaming me! Lol.


                        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        I'm assuming that most European 2t's have 6 gears on bikes in the last 10 years or so. Can't say I'm really bothered either way though. Beta would be my choice, but we'll see what's available. Assuming that I sell the 350 of course, I'm a bit of a sentimental fool for some bikes
                        I love dirtbikes!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Beta has-history of trials-grunt & handling:
                          I'd likely buy & try-one at/given a fair price.

                          I've never been-about re-sale-value per-se:
                          Having said that, if it's good, people want it.

                          Nowadays given our parts over the internet:
                          Lack of any-local dealer wouldn't phase me.

                          However; if I were to employ a shop to work:
                          I'd hold them accountable if they ****ed it up.
                          The More I Learn... The Less I Know.
                          That Which Doesn't Change... Stays The Same.
                          Those That Don't Fall... Just Aren't Trying Hard Enough.
                          Genius or Idiot... Sadly it's Defined by the Mediocre Masses... With their Hindsight.
                          Dicklaimer... The Text above is to be Evaluated by a Responsible Person... Prior to Any Action Being Taken.

                          *George Carlin*What We Do*No Bravery*Tell the Truth*911*Genetic Armageddon*Carbon Tax*Interplanetary Climate Change*Fracking*Shock Doctrine*Extinction Protocol*

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by hairyone View Post
                            Beta has-history of trials-grunt & handling:
                            I'd likely buy & try-one at/given a fair price.

                            I've never been-about re-sale-value per-se:
                            Having said that, if it's good, people want it.

                            Nowadays given our parts over the internet:
                            Lack of any-local dealer wouldn't phase me.

                            However; if I were to employ a shop to work:
                            I'd hold them accountable if they ****ed it up.
                            I've been very happy with my Beta, which is why it's so hard to give up. I'm not concerned about lack of dealer networks, thats just the world we live in now. In town we used to have Honda/Sherco, KTM/Husky, Kawasaki, and Yamaha/Suzuki dealers. Sadly, only the Yamaha/Suzuki dealer is still operating, so for most bikes there's no local support anyway.
                            I love dirtbikes!!

                            Comment

                            antalya escort
                            medyumlar
                            huluhub.com
                            kartal escort
                            ankara escort
                            Working...
                            X