Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

250 exc club?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
    Is the FMF powerparts pipe still your favourite?

    What didn't you like about the gnarly?
    Powerparts pipe is still my FAV, Gnarly takes away some power from the top end and adds to the bottom and mid which i knew but it also has less control which i did not like if your on it, it takes less throttle inputs so it feels torquer, for sure a low to mid pipe, if your a lugger great pipe

    Off idle is good then it starts to pick up real quick, back wheel now spinning, as you get up closer to max revs the meat of the power curve is past you, compared to stock it hits harder and sooner, top end is weaker, powerparts is same as stock in the low end a little smoother in mid and better from there to redline with maybe 500 rpm extra over rev.
    Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
    Huskly lovin bike whore

    Comment


    • STIC metering block carb mod.

      got my 250 tuned real well with the STIC metering bloc, just did a back to back ride with a mates ktm 250, he has SX CDI stock gearing and shaved head, mine has TSP head, 2 teeth less and STIC, the STIC blows it away not just a little but by a huge margin, same motors 11/250, mine 14/250.

      stock ktm 250's start to top out around 138kph in 6th gear my bike with STIC hits 135-137 kph in 5th gear i have 2 teeth less on rear which accounts for an extra 10kph top speed. that is ho much overrev you get from STIC

      big increase off idle more in the mid the weird thing is it much more economical at the same time, got 14.4 kms to liter with hard riding the other day, flowing ST with transport sections i am getting 18 to 19ks to the litre, i would buy a STIC over a long range tank.

      its taken a while to get it tuned right and in the end it required a JD needle kit which adds more expense but this is the best stand alone mod for greater engine performance i have ever done, better than TSP head mod and SX cdi combined or the full TSP cylinder porting and head mod i did on another 250 years ago.

      if your into technical low speed stuff it's over kill but i would say get a STIC over a 300 kit, i have a 300 kit, 300's just do not rev out like 250's, but with STIC on the 300 i went from 122 to 132kph in 5th gear overstock, in the end i installed the 250 cylinder back on and changed my gearing as i did not need 150+top speed and all that power.

      STIC runs way larger jets on the 250 i went from 40P to 48P, clip 3 to 4 on the needle, 168 main to 185 main, STIC adds air to fuel system that is why you need much bigger jets than stock.

      anyone who wants a huge power boost or greater fuel range and runs a keihin 36/38mm carb it's worth the coin, got mine from tokyo offroad

      The only negative is off idle it does pull much quicker with less throttle input so you need greater control with the right hand
      Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
      Huskly lovin bike whore

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ggg View Post
        ... with STIC on the 300 i went from 122 to 132kph in 5th gear overstock, in the end i installed the 250 cylinder back on ...
        Was this solely chasing more over rev?

        When you STICed the 300 did it lose anything?
        I'd love more over rev, but don't really want to sacrifice too much elsewhere.

        Your sales pitch has got me curious to try it.

        Comment


        • Where do you get to test these speeds? And do you use a GPS for speed determination?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
            Was this solely chasing more over rev?

            When you STICed the 300 did it lose anything?
            I'd love more over rev, but don't really want to sacrifice too much elsewhere.

            Your sales pitch has got me curious to try it.
            i alway like to do mods purchased on my birthday, the plan was if its a good as they claim i would switch back to my 250 top end.

            it produces more power everywhere no area has less power, its not like a pipe, where you take away to get something else where, its just better fuelling.

            a powerparts pipe give more over rev on a 300 around 5 kph and does not really take much away same low end a little smoother in the mid, the price of that is around the same cost as a STIC.

            if STIC was no good i would say, It took 9 months and another 113A tube and shit load of hours testing to get it right, the first batch were way to rich, it never ran as smooth off idle with my Suzuki needles, but now i got it running great, i nearly gave it away but its sorted now, i can say 100% with JD needle and 113A tube its the best mod of an engine i have done.

            the best thing is no down side to this mod it expensive $349 US and does not include the JD needle kit, but i am saving on fuel costs which i never expected.
            Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
            Huskly lovin bike whore

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Pete40 View Post
              Where do you get to test these speeds? And do you use a GPS for speed determination?
              i live in the country plenty of dirt roads and open spaces to test these speeds, i do not have a GPS all claims are based off speedo readings, same speedo more top speed with STIC, my mates speedo could read slightly different but he commented my bike now has a whole extra gear than his, 10kph extra speed in 5th gear is not BS its real, the performance increase is across the whole range it's just easier to see a performance gain when your speedo reads another 10kph, extra pull is hard to feel as i came off my 300 top end, it was only when i did a back to back with my mate 250 i really noticed how much more power its got and his is not a stock bike on paper with racing CDI and stock gearing it should have better acceleration than mine but not the case.
              Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
              Huskly lovin bike whore

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ggg View Post
                the best thing is no down side to this mod it expensive $349 US and does not include the JD needle kit, but i am saving on fuel costs which i never expected.
                Yeah, at $700AUD+ (once you include the JD kit) it's a big jump from my current tightarse mods which are limited to diy squish adjustment, Suzuki needle and 2nd hand powercore.

                I like the idea of justifying it with fuel savings though. Good excuse to ride more and I'd be saving the world from climate change at the same time!psm

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ggg View Post
                  i live in the country plenty of dirt roads and open spaces to test these speeds, i do not have a GPS all claims are based off speedo readings, same speedo more top speed with STIC, my mates speedo could read slightly different but he commented my bike now has a whole extra gear than his, 10kph extra speed in 5th gear is not BS its real, the performance increase is across the whole range it's just easier to see a performance gain when your speedo reads another 10kph, extra pull is hard to feel as i came off my 300 top end, it was only when i did a back to back with my mate 250 i really noticed how much more power its got and his is not a stock bike on paper with racing CDI and stock gearing it should have better acceleration than mine but not the case.
                  No worries, I was just curious, too many bends in my local forest to hold speeds over 100kmh for any amount of time. I watched the Tokyo Off-road vids a while back and it took him a while to get it right too. he has a vid where it does lug really well too.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 380EXCQLD View Post
                    Yeah, at $700AUD+ (once you include the JD kit) it's a big jump from my current tightarse mods which are limited to diy squish adjustment, Suzuki needle and 2nd hand powercore.

                    I like the idea of justifying it with fuel savings though. Good excuse to ride more and I'd be saving the world from climate change at the same time!psm


                    funny i like it,
                    shaved stock head and suzuki needle are for sure the best cheap mods.
                    Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
                    Huskly lovin bike whore

                    Comment


                    • got my 250 running super sweet now, i put the gnarly back on a month ago and changed the gearing back to 14/51 which the 300 ran, also added the SX CDI, amazing power now.

                      The gnarly has a lot more pull down low the SX CDI helps with quicker rev thru
                      together with the longer gear pulls i can use all of the extra torque rather than spinning up, the STIC adds a lot of power and over rev so it's a great match with the gnarly, i am so close to a 300 low end pull just slightly softer up to mid which is fine, but it's a 250 with less vibes and better handling and more eager to rev its ars off

                      the STIC is the best power mod i have ever done its amazing if you got the coin and a carb you won't be disappointed, open trails not on the main jet much mostly low to mid up to half throttle movements getting 18 kms to the litre.

                      48P
                      A/S 4 turns out
                      JD needle red clip 3.5
                      7.5 slide
                      185 main jet
                      Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
                      Huskly lovin bike whore

                      Comment


                      • 18kms per litre is pretty amazing. I'll go back and read your STIC report again.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pete40 View Post
                          18kms per litre is pretty amazing. I'll go back and read your STIC report again.
                          yeh my last ride was 126 kms still had 3 litres left used 7 litres and i am running a too rich main jet a 190 ATM to try out, will be going back to a 185, STIC is a better option than a long range tank, like all things if you're on the main jet all the time it will use more fuel, but because it got such great off idle and mid power you just do not need to open the throttle as much.

                          I am jetted for max performance not fuel economy, with leaner settings where the power is smoother got 21ks to litre on the open trail plenty of times, i am very surprised myself
                          Total Entertainment 14 250, STIC powered, KYB suspended.
                          Huskly lovin bike whore

                          Comment

                          antalya escort
                          medyumlar
                          huluhub.com
                          kartal escort
                          ankara escort
                          Working...
                          X