Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sherco 300 serf 2018 valves and top end

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sherco 300 serf 2018 valves and top end

    Hi guys, just purchased the above and am loving it, it has 92 hours (2400 kms) and everything runs smooth.The guy I bought it off says valves haven't been checked and his last Sherco got them checked at 140 hours and all in spec.He was an older guy (68) and said he just lugged around in the bush no hard riding.Ive rung a few Sherco dealers to get a price to check the valves and one asked if a top end has been done yet and suggested I should get it done. The bike runs well with no black smoke out of exhaust and has good smooth power all the way, starts no worries. Just after some advice and your thoughts.
    Shooter

    Sherco serf 300 2018

    WR250F2017 :Gone

    WR250F 2007 .Gone

    TTR250 07. Gone

  • #2
    I gots the 6 day 2018 300

    108 hrs , 2713 k

    Checked em 3 times ,

    Nil movement .

    Slow tech riding ..


    Oil changes @ 10 hrs

    Penrite deisel.

    No starting issues , hot cold , blah blah


    Wicked moto.
    Pain is Inevitable...............Suffering is Optional

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TOE - CUTTER View Post
      I gots the 6 day 2018 300

      108 hrs , 2713 k

      Checked em 3 times ,

      Nil movement .

      Slow tech riding ..


      Oil changes @ 10 hrs

      Penrite deisel.

      No starting issues , hot cold , blah blah


      Wicked moto.

      Thanks Toecutter I have red on a few forums top end not required till 140-150
      Your response gives me piece of mind.
      Shooter

      Sherco serf 300 2018

      WR250F2017 :Gone

      WR250F 2007 .Gone

      TTR250 07. Gone

      Comment


      • #4
        I've done 125hrs on my 2015 300sefr Had the valves checked @ 1000 klm all was good, had valves checked & a comp test about 500klm ago, 1 valve needed slight adjustment & comp was where it should be ! It's done 3,300klm & Goes as good as new, i'm a young wippersnipper ( 66 ) so i have revved it out a few times a few rides ago i thought i had revved it out all the way probably around 9000rpm, then i gave the throttle a bit more & i recon there was an extra 800-1000 rpm's there.
        If you want a TOP mecahnic who knows his was around any brand of bike, give Anthony @ Proline M C in Crimebourne a ring !!
        2000 ktm 400 exc
        2015 Sherco 300i 6 day
        1986 Honda TLR 250 trials bike x 2

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by eagle View Post
          I've done 125hrs on my 2015 300sefr Had the valves checked @ 1000 klm all was good, had valves checked & a comp test about 500klm ago, 1 valve needed slight adjustment & comp was where it should be ! It's done 3,300klm & Goes as good as new, i'm a young wippersnipper ( 66 ) so i have revved it out a few times a few rides ago i thought i had revved it out all the way probably around 9000rpm, then i gave the throttle a bit more & i recon there was an extra 800-1000 rpm's there.
          If you want a TOP mecahnic who knows his was around any brand of bike, give Anthony @ Proline M C in Crimebourne a ring !!
          Thatís good to know this bike hasn't or doesn't lack in any power and starts very easy, Will get the valves checked soon just hope I wasn't been offered extra work that isn't necessary.
          Shooter

          Sherco serf 300 2018

          WR250F2017 :Gone

          WR250F 2007 .Gone

          TTR250 07. Gone

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shooter934 View Post
            Thatís good to know this bike hasn't or doesn't lack in any power and starts very easy, Will get the valves checked soon just hope I wasn't been offered extra work that isn't necessary.


            Procedure is very straight fwrd ,

            Albeit a snug extraction / refit if valve cover .

            Other than that . Line up the indicators , slide in gauges , check , re check ....


            Record .


            Clean up , bead of sealant , on btm side of gasket ,,


            Way u go .


            Lots to f$&k up tho if not methodical ...
            Pain is Inevitable...............Suffering is Optional

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by shooter934 View Post
              Thatís good to know this bike hasn't or doesn't lack in any power and starts very easy, Will get the valves checked soon just hope I wasn't been offered extra work that isn't necessary.
              Was a shop mate, of course they want to add extra shit on for you to spend. Plus a shop would be following the manufacturers recommendation, but usually those maintenance sheets are created for if the bike was used as a racer. Overkill for the average trail rider.

              I'd check valve clearances only if it's never been done; no point doing a top-end if previous owner wasn't a racer down at the track ringing its guts out.
              2007 GasGas EC200
              2005 WR250F

              Comment


              • #8
                That's whats great about Anthony @ Proline, he's a straight shooter & tells you how it is & wont try & get you to do unnecessary work !!
                2000 ktm 400 exc
                2015 Sherco 300i 6 day
                1986 Honda TLR 250 trials bike x 2

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by eagle View Post
                  That's whats great about Anthony @ Proline, he's a straight shooter & tells you how it is & wont try & get you to do unnecessary work !!
                  Thanks guys l will definitely give Anthony a call soon to get the valves checked. It's good to know that there are people out there that aren't just in it for the cash.

                  Sent from my CPH1725 using dirtbikeworld mobile app
                  Shooter

                  Sherco serf 300 2018

                  WR250F2017 :Gone

                  WR250F 2007 .Gone

                  TTR250 07. Gone

                  Comment

                  antalya escort
                  medyumlar
                  huluhub.com
                  kartal escort
                  ankara escort
                  Working...
                  X