Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strumm's mucky rides 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mr bergman View Post
    strummer's not looking too shabby considering... definitely got all the stuff that comes with very serious concussion and he managed to handle a full 30 minute visit (but then most people find 30 mins with me tiring ). fingers crossed for hopefully a full recovery in five weeks or so.

    he said to say he's been incredibly touched by the overwhelming support he's had by PMs from everyone, i don't think he realised he's affected the lives of so many on two wheels.

    he's very keen to catch up with everyone but definitely won't be able to handle a big social occasion for several weeks at least. dead keen to get back on the bike too but again that's a fair way off at this stage.

    sick leave has run out so he'll have to go back to work asap, i'll organise something so that if anyone is interested we'll at least get the kato patched up and get a new helmet for him.

    it's been incredibly tough for jo too and while i didn't see her today i'm sure she'll be very appreciative that so many have been thinking about her too....
    Great work on the updates Dr Bergman, keep em comming as you can, Im sure Jo knows she and Strummer are not alone, BBQ idea is for when it suits Strummer and Jo...

    Head light on the Kato is RS, will need to replace the chrome unit completely.

    Could do with a replacement front fender and L radiator shroud.

    Rear wheel has minor buckle, could be taken out with spoke adjustments, the tyre is warped and should be replaced.

    Not sure of anything else at the mo, as I didnt have time the other week to work out what it needed, front wheel may have a buckle also needs to be checked, would be more than happy to assist with my time and tools to help out if needed..

    I think Strums bike is a 2011 450 EXC Kato.....

    The Pale Rider "Well, if you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a a long wait".

    "PALS"

    Comment


    • Strumm has done so much for so many riders with all these rides and behind the scenes work on organizing and videos etc as well as all the stress that goes along with being responsible for peoples safety and track selection etc,it's time for all of us to pitch in any way we can so his bike can be fixed up and some updated safety gear most of all-a top of the line helmet should be the least we can give him.

      Not being able to work I know is a big problem for many of us and will be a big strain on strumm and sandy so anything we can do to ease the burden on them would be great as I'm sure they would do the same for one of us,there is so many of us that have ridden with him it won't take much money from each of us and I reckon it's a bargain considering the quality of rides he has prepared for us over the years.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kawasaki glenn View Post
        Strumm has done so much for so many riders with all these rides and behind the scenes work on organizing and videos etc as well as all the stress that goes along with being responsible for peoples safety and track selection etc,it's time for all of us to pitch in any way we can so his bike can be fixed up and some updated safety gear most of all-a top of the line helmet should be the least we can give him.

        Not being able to work I know is a big problem for many of us and will be a big strain on strumm and sandy so anything we can do to ease the burden on them would be great as I'm sure they would do the same for one of us,there is so many of us that have ridden with him it won't take much money from each of us and I reckon it's a bargain considering the quality of rides he has prepared for us over the years.
        :grinning-
        The Pale Rider "Well, if you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a a long wait".

        "PALS"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kawasaki glenn View Post
          Strumm has done so much for so many riders with all these rides and behind the scenes work on organizing and videos etc as well as all the stress that goes along with being responsible for peoples safety and track selection etc,it's time for all of us to pitch in any way we can so his bike can be fixed up and some updated safety gear most of all-a top of the line helmet should be the least we can give him.

          Not being able to work I know is a big problem for many of us and will be a big strain on strumm and sandy so anything we can do to ease the burden on them would be great as I'm sure they would do the same for one of us,there is so many of us that have ridden with him it won't take much money from each of us and I reckon it's a bargain considering the quality of rides he has prepared for us over the years.
          +1 If not for Andy and the group taking me out from the start I would have had very few rides and would have mainly been having a go by myself so very thankful to have had him taking me and everyone else out for rides. Although maybe he just like me there to provide the clumsy moments for the video camera?

          Yes Pale Rider his bike is a 2011 450 exc. and I like the idea of tipping in getting his gear and bike all up to top condition again for when he is up to coming back.

          Is it worth throwing out there if anyone has any connections to bike supplies that may be able to get better prices than if any of us go out doing things for him?

          Comment


          • anyone got spare kato parts lying around unused?

            thanks anemic rider. strummer asked me to take the kato for a spin and check it for damage. mechanically everything is great. just a few things dinged up by the stack.

            strummer's sick leave is all used up and things are gonna get tight real fast, so i told him i'd get his bike fixed with donated parts if possible. the bike may actually need to be sold for financial reasons so getting it prepped is a priority.

            both the headlight shroud and the headlight are rooted. if anyone has old ones lying around they'd like to donate, it would be hugely appreciated!

            wayne, you did a brilliant job of hair dryer-ing the crease marks out of the front fender but yep, a front fender in good nick would be handy.

            i concur on the left radiator shroud. usable but it got chewed up.

            Rear wheel has minor buckle, could be taken out with spoke adjustments, the tyre is warped and should be replaced. yep, concur. buckle very minor and i think fairly typical for any dirt bike.

            handlebars are bent. not badly, but wouldn't sell it with these! anyone got a spare pair of fat bars lying around? would be much appreciated!

            the header pipe is usable but dinged up. if anyone had a spare one that would be great. alternatively we could just buy an exhaust shield to cover it as it's probably not dinged enough to affect exhaust flow.

            does anyone have stock ktm blinkers? the old ones are now cracked, asked strummer if any aftermarket ones would suit but he said he'd prefer to put the OEM ones on.

            yep, it's a 2011 450 EXC Kato.


            thanks glenn for suggesting passing the hat around. i pm'ed the mods about it this morning and waiting to hear back from them. just want to make sure anything i set up stays within forum guidelines. the mods on the advrider forum (where strummer started his rides 3 years ago) have kindly already agreed.

            Comment


            • PM sent

              Originally posted by mr bergman View Post
              thanks anemic rider. strummer asked me to take the kato for a spin and check it for damage. mechanically everything is great. just a few things dinged up by the stack.

              strummer's sick leave is all used up and things are gonna get tight real fast, so i told him i'd get his bike fixed with donated parts if possible. the bike may actually need to be sold for financial reasons so getting it prepped is a priority.

              both the headlight shroud and the headlight are rooted. if anyone has old ones lying around they'd like to donate, it would be hugely appreciated!

              wayne, you did a brilliant job of hair dryer-ing the crease marks out of the front fender but yep, a front fender in good nick would be handy.

              i concur on the left radiator shroud. usable but it got chewed up.

              Rear wheel has minor buckle, could be taken out with spoke adjustments, the tyre is warped and should be replaced. yep, concur. buckle very minor and i think fairly typical for any dirt bike.

              handlebars are bent. not badly, but wouldn't sell it with these! anyone got a spare pair of fat bars lying around? would be much appreciated!

              the header pipe is usable but dinged up. if anyone had a spare one that would be great. alternatively we could just buy an exhaust shield to cover it as it's probably not dinged enough to affect exhaust flow.

              does anyone have stock ktm blinkers? the old ones are now cracked, asked strummer if any aftermarket ones would suit but he said he'd prefer to put the OEM ones on.

              yep, it's a 2011 450 EXC Kato.


              thanks glenn for suggesting passing the hat around. i pm'ed the mods about it this morning and waiting to hear back from them. just want to make sure anything i set up stays within forum guidelines. the mods on the advrider forum (where strummer started his rides 3 years ago) have kindly already agreed.
              PM sent

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mr bergman View Post

                strummer's sick leave is all used up and things are gonna get tight real fast, so i told him i'd get his bike fixed with donated parts if possible. the bike may actually need to be sold for financial reasons so getting it prepped is a priority.
                This is my biggest fear,dirtbikes are our passion and I know some will suggest it's just a bike it can be replaced but for some if the bike is sold they may never get another one,it would be sad if his bike has to be sold,I think some bank account details for strumm or a trusted friend is the best idea so if we can't donate bike parts we can help with a donation of what we can afford to help them be in a position to not have to sell any of their bikes

                As for parts,if anyone is doing any rmatv orders in the next day or two have a quick look and see what prices are like for the parts needed as listed in an earlier post,I know a front fender can be had for $20 from there,if you are doing an order please check with barry(mrbergman) and see if it's till needed and I can reimburse you if needed,that is of course if no one has one laying around that they can donate

                Comment


                • Originally posted by _Scott_ View Post
                  +1 If not for Andy and the group taking me out from the start I would have had very few rides and would have mainly been having a go by myself so very thankful to have had him taking me and everyone else out for rides. Although maybe he just like me there to provide the clumsy moments for the video camera?

                  Yes Pale Rider his bike is a 2011 450 exc. and I like the idea of tipping in getting his gear and bike all up to top condition again for when he is up to coming back.

                  Is it worth throwing out there if anyone has any connections to bike supplies that may be able to get better prices than if any of us go out doing things for him?
                  KTM thread?
                  The Pale Rider "Well, if you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a a long wait".

                  "PALS"

                  Comment


                  • PM coming from Bergman

                    Originally posted by kawasaki glenn View Post
                    This is my biggest fear,dirtbikes are our passion and I know some will suggest it's just a bike it can be replaced but for some if the bike is sold they may never get another one,it would be sad if his bike has to be sold,I think some bank account details for strumm or a trusted friend is the best idea so if we can't donate bike parts we can help with a donation of what we can afford to help them be in a position to not have to sell any of their bikes

                    As for parts,if anyone is doing any rmatv orders in the next day or two have a quick look and see what prices are like for the parts needed as listed in an earlier post,I know a front fender can be had for $20 from there,if you are doing an order please check with barry(mrbergman) and see if it's till needed and I can reimburse you if needed,that is of course if no one has one laying around that they can donate
                    PM coming from Bergman

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mr bergman View Post
                      thanks anemic rider. strummer asked me to take the kato for a spin and check it for damage. mechanically everything is great. just a few things dinged up by the stack.

                      strummer's sick leave is all used up and things are gonna get tight real fast, so i told him i'd get his bike fixed with donated parts if possible. the bike may actually need to be sold for financial reasons so getting it prepped is a priority.

                      both the headlight shroud and the headlight are rooted. if anyone has old ones lying around they'd like to donate, it would be hugely appreciated!

                      wayne, you did a brilliant job of hair dryer-ing the crease marks out of the front fender but yep, a front fender in good nick would be handy.

                      i concur on the left radiator shroud. usable but it got chewed up.

                      Rear wheel has minor buckle, could be taken out with spoke adjustments, the tyre is warped and should be replaced. yep, concur. buckle very minor and i think fairly typical for any dirt bike.

                      handlebars are bent. not badly, but wouldn't sell it with these! anyone got a spare pair of fat bars lying around? would be much appreciated!

                      the header pipe is usable but dinged up. if anyone had a spare one that would be great. alternatively we could just buy an exhaust shield to cover it as it's probably not dinged enough to affect exhaust flow.

                      does anyone have stock ktm blinkers? the old ones are now cracked, asked strummer if any aftermarket ones would suit but he said he'd prefer to put the OEM ones on.

                      yep, it's a 2011 450 EXC Kato.


                      thanks glenn for suggesting passing the hat around. i pm'ed the mods about it this morning and waiting to hear back from them. just want to make sure anything i set up stays within forum guidelines. the mods on the advrider forum (where strummer started his rides 3 years ago) have kindly already agreed.
                      Hate the idea the bike may need to be sold off for financial reasons, understand it tho.

                      Have been messaged by others who want to make a donation $ asked them to PM you.


                      I have a near new Michelin rear tyre for Strum if it will fit, it is an 18" please advise if this will fit only 2 rides on it.

                      The Pale Rider "Well, if you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a a long wait".

                      "PALS"

                      Comment


                      • I've got a VG fender and new shrouds & indicators.
                        Last edited by RE017; 01-10-2013, 08:47 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RE017 View Post
                          I've got a VG fender and new shrouds & indicators.

                          Awesome Bob you champion...:grinning-

                          Looks like we are down to pair of fat bars, a header pipe, head light surround and chrome head light unit ...pass it around if you can please...

                          Anyone confirm if an 18" rear tyre will fit KTM 450 exc 2011 please...
                          The Pale Rider "Well, if you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a a long wait".

                          "PALS"

                          Comment


                          • I have only ridden with Strummer once, but have seen what he does for others.

                            I don't have any good parts to spare, but don't mind chipping in some cash for bars or headlight or what ever is needed?



                            Off topic, but with regards to getting hurt and not being able to work, how many have income protection



                            Yes Pale Rider 18" is fine.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jtheboy View Post
                              I have only ridden with Strummer once, but have seen what he does for others.

                              I don't have any good parts to spare, but don't mind chipping in some cash for bars or headlight or what ever is needed?



                              Off topic, but with regards to getting hurt and not being able to work, how many have income protection



                              Yes Pale Rider 18" is fine.
                              Worth checking what it will cover you for and for how long too.

                              I'll shout the new handlebars. Can anyone let me know what handlebars he uses? Bergman?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by _Scott_ View Post
                                Worth checking what it will cover you for and for how long too.

                                I'll shout the new handlebars. Can anyone let me know what handlebars he uses? Bergman?
                                Most plicies only cover you for 75-85% of income after a qualifying period, sometimes 6 weeks..wait.

                                Awesome Scott..
                                The Pale Rider "Well, if you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a a long wait".

                                "PALS"

                                Comment

                                antalya escort
                                medyumlar
                                huluhub.com
                                kartal escort
                                ankara escort
                                Working...
                                X