Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strumm's mucky rides 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chinky View Post
    Got suspicious that there's a brand based over here...orange and blue friendly only are we??
    FYI, very cool videos!
    I don't know about that. Honda's are great too

    Liked your riding style on the weekend Chinky, and ktm25 too.
    https://www.facebook.com/Melissabruceenduro

    Comment


    • And Kawasaki's are quite good too I hear....


      +1 on the riding of Chinky and 25KTM. Some skills there! Love the vid of 25KTM going up that loamy hill, and he does a bunny hop over the roots. Nicely played.

      Originally posted by Melissa View Post
      I don't know about that. Honda's are great too

      Liked your riding style on the weekend Chinky, and ktm25 too.
      Be kind whenever possible...
      It is always possible
      .
      His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

      Strummer's music at https://soundcloud.com/vospar-gem

      Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/strummerdrz?feature=mhum
      Snail Trails info here: http://snail-trails.sportsontheweb.net/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Chinky View Post
        Got suspicious that there's a brand based over here...orange and blue friendly only are we??
        FYI, very cool videos!
        Don't worry mate, now KTM owns Husky they will soon become part of the blue & orange family

        Originally posted by strummer View Post
        +1 on the riding of Chinky and 25KTM. Some skills there! Love the vid of 25KTM going up that loamy hill, and he does a bunny hop over the roots. Nicely played.
        Bunny hop??? oh yeah that, I almost forgot, yeah I do them all the time ey^rof
        On a serious note thanks again for letting us come and putting on an awesome ride Strumm!!!
        ^roost2013 KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS^roost!psm

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 25ktm View Post
          Don't worry mate, now KTM owns Husky they will soon become part of the blue & orange family



          They already are in cahoots with each other.....My mate brought a Husky, I doubled him back 20k to the cars on my KTM when he broke down on Sat.^rof

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Melissa View Post
            I don't know about that. Honda's are great too

            Liked your riding style on the weekend Chinky, and ktm25 too.
            LOL...if you preferred messy style then yeah I'll take credit for that

            Comment


            • thank your ride organiser

              warning: this post contains more than 150% of your daily whinge requirements.

              this won't apply to 99% of riders... but very occasionally there'll be riders who come on these rides and don't thank the organiser at the end, either in person or on the thread. easy to forget, done it myself plenty of times! but there's a small number of riders who never do. not really a biggie, generally if you can see someone enjoyed the ride that's thanks enough.

              but sometimes they guys who never say thanks for a ride will also have a regular moan about the ride being too tough, or demanding someone ride their bike through a tough section (and unsurprisingly not thank the rider afterward).

              and sometimes all of this might happen on a ride that had a set number but you added yourself anyway. if all these things happen then it's pretty unlikely you'll be doing these rides any more.

              i haven't organised anywhere near as many group rides as strummer, but i do know when you have a tiny percentage of riders who don't appreciate the effort, and even whinge about your organising, you just feel like giving up. so maybe a bit of attitude adjustment is called for, or just find like-minded people and do your own rides.

              here endeth the rant.

              Comment


              • Well said Bergdude. Does cheese you off sometimes.

                Luckily, 99.9 percent of the people we ride with are great. Helping out when needed and always happy to say thanks for putting the ride on. It's only the odd one or two who forget, or don't care.

                Mostly, it's a fantastic bunch of people on this forum :grinning-

                Now go make yourself a nice cup of tea, put your feet up and enjoy the morning
                Be kind whenever possible...
                It is always possible
                .
                His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

                Strummer's music at https://soundcloud.com/vospar-gem

                Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/strummerdrz?feature=mhum
                Snail Trails info here: http://snail-trails.sportsontheweb.net/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by strummer View Post
                  Well said Bergdude. Does cheese you off sometimes.

                  Luckily, 99.9 percent of the people we ride with are great. Helping out when needed and always happy to say thanks for putting the ride on. It's only the odd one or two who forget, or don't care.

                  Mostly, it's a fantastic bunch of people on this forum :grinning-

                  Now go make yourself a nice cup of tea, put your feet up and enjoy the morning
                  Wow didn't we get told.... STRUMMER THANKS FOR PUTTING ON AN AWESOME RIDE, SORRY IF I FORGOT TO SAY IT EARLIER!!!
                  ^roost2013 KTM 250 EXC-F SIX DAYS^roost!psm

                  Comment


                  • Didn't you say it twice already!

                    Seriously though, it's no big deal, just that a few people we've ridden with over the years have been a little...er... forgetful. I think that's all Bergman is referring to.

                    OK, serious time over.

                    Isn't there any more video out there of last weeks ride??

                    Seemed to me like every rider had a go pro stuck to some part of their bike or body.... Geez, the competition is getting stiff around here

                    Almost as competitive as Mel when she gets behind you going up a hill.
                    Be kind whenever possible...
                    It is always possible
                    .
                    His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

                    Strummer's music at https://soundcloud.com/vospar-gem

                    Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/strummerdrz?feature=mhum
                    Snail Trails info here: http://snail-trails.sportsontheweb.net/

                    Comment


                    • I was going to make one but all my footage are shaky to bugger all...actually that should be good to do Hallam Shake video ^rof



                      Originally posted by strummer View Post
                      Didn't you say it twice already!

                      Seriously though, it's no big deal, just that a few people we've ridden with over the years have been a little...er... forgetful. I think that's all Bergman is referring to.

                      OK, serious time over.

                      Isn't there any more video out there of last weeks ride??

                      Seemed to me like every rider had a go pro stuck to some part of their bike or body.... Geez, the competition is getting stiff around here

                      Almost as competitive as Mel when she gets behind you going up a hill.

                      Comment



                      • Yeah, that's a shame.
                        I can't understand why it's so shaky mounted on the headlight fairing, but very smooth mounted on the rear or on the handlebars.

                        Or is it just that the Husky runs a bit rougher than a KTM?
                        Be kind whenever possible...
                        It is always possible
                        .
                        His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

                        Strummer's music at https://soundcloud.com/vospar-gem

                        Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/strummerdrz?feature=mhum
                        Snail Trails info here: http://snail-trails.sportsontheweb.net/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by strummer View Post

                          Yeah, that's a shame.
                          I can't understand why it's so shaky mounted on the headlight fairing, but very smooth mounted on the rear or on the handlebars.

                          Or is it just that the Husky runs a bit rougher than a KTM?
                          I get that too, on the Blackbird and especially on the dirt bike, %[insert unusable video gripes here]% LOL.
                          Blackbird rear mounted and road / dirt Helmet are the most stable I've tried but haven't yet tried a bar mount.
                          '05 WR450F
                          '06 CBR1100XX

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Chinky View Post
                            I was going to make one but all my footage are shaky to bugger all...actually that should be good to do Hallam Shake video ^rof
                            Just say you did the bad woops section while everyone else went the easy tracks^rof

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 25ktm View Post
                              Wow didn't we get told.... STRUMMER THANKS FOR PUTTING ON AN AWESOME RIDE, SORRY IF I FORGOT TO SAY IT EARLIER!!!
                              don't worry, 25 ktm, the rant didn't apply to you!

                              i was only talking about a tiny percentage of riders who go on group rides regularly but never thank the organisers or sweep riders or anyone who helped them through tricky sections, AND the only time you do hear from them they are complaining or grumpy about some aspect of the ride.

                              it doesn't seem to bother strummer but it just gets me annoyed the few times i've seen it over the past two years, that's all.

                              i probably just got out of bed the wrong side this morning. it would explain why i've been wearing pink bunny slippers with lace trimming all day....

                              Comment


                              • Just going 50% harder than everyone else :grinning-

                                Originally posted by jtheboy View Post
                                Just say you did the bad woops section while everyone else went the easy tracks^rof
                                Be kind whenever possible...
                                It is always possible
                                .
                                His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

                                Strummer's music at https://soundcloud.com/vospar-gem

                                Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/strummerdrz?feature=mhum
                                Snail Trails info here: http://snail-trails.sportsontheweb.net/

                                Comment

                                antalya escort
                                medyumlar
                                huluhub.com
                                kartal escort
                                ankara escort
                                Working...
                                X