Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corner man System

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Simple system as long as everyone understands it! Can stuff up quite quickly!

    Comment


    • #47
      On one of my rides last year we had a rider just take off back home without telling anyone. We were looking for him for hours. That's just being inconsiderate & stupid.
      Cheers.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by jimmy66 View Post
        Simple system as long as everyone understands it! Can stuff up quite quickly!
        Yes it is simple but works very well in group rides. the organiser will explain it to the group before the ride so it clear to all.


        Originally posted by <AntMan> View Post
        On one of my rides last year we had a rider just take off back home without telling anyone. We were looking for him for hours. That's just being inconsiderate & stupid.
        Easy fix for them, don't invite them again...
        .
        .
        The older I get the faster I was.....
        .
        16 300 EXC
        .

        Comment


        • #49
          Can I include the following for your consideration :grinning-


          Leave gates as you find them - if they are open, leave them open.
          Mark the gate as you would a corner and wait for the sweep rider to come through before closing/moving on.


          When approaching the lead, rev your engine to let him know you are there. This will save him trying to turn his head with a neck brace on.
          If you want him to stop beep your horn.
          If you noticed a problem - someone broken down, someone missing, etc. Stop him and let him know.
          More is more. Tubes are fine

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Zimmo View Post
            Can I include the following for your consideration :grinning-


            Leave gates as you find them - if they are open, leave them open.
            Mark the gate as you would a corner and wait for the sweep rider to come through before closing/moving on.


            When approaching the lead, rev your engine to let him know you are there. This will save him trying to turn his head with a neck brace on.
            If you want him to stop beep your horn.
            If you noticed a problem - someone broken down, someone missing, etc. Stop him and let him know.


            What happens if the Lead gets stuck on a hill and blocks most people but you manage to pass him and get to the top

            Does the Lead then owe you a Carton

            Comment


            • #51
              If you read the fine print it clearly states:

              If the lead is shit, all previous rules are null and void. In such cases, mutiny is acceptable.
              More is more. Tubes are fine

              Comment


              • #52
                with a group of 8 or more having 2 people on a corner keeps the ride bunched up a bit better and not spread out all over the bush.

                normally at the start of the ride I let everyone decide 1 or 2 people depending on how the ride is going and if it is tight or open bush.
                www.pacificfirstaid.com.au
                www.remoteislandaid.org

                Comment


                • #53
                  Is there a rewards or prize system for corner-men & Sweeps to offer some incentive?
                  Cheers.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Your reward if you follow the rules; you get to go for a ride instead of waiting around for some dip shit that's lost/broken down/in tears/making a phone call.












                    Name & shame
                    More is more. Tubes are fine

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Went on a ride once in North Qld with 51 riders.

                      Was pretty hectic.

                      Had an issue where a rider didnt follow the cornemans (slow the f#ck down you idiot) directions and he went hooking out across a bitumen road narrowly missing a tourist in a hire car and a farmer coming the other way.

                      At the fuel/lunch stop the ride organiser said bluntly, "anyone who rides like that is not welcome so don't bother coming along again".

                      Everyone behaved after that.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by <AntMan> View Post
                        Is there a rewards or prize system for corner-men & Sweeps to offer some incentive?



                        There is tomorrow

                        You could have some nice pictures of you and your bike like everyone else

                        ^roost!psm
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Zimmo View Post
                          If you read the fine print it clearly states:

                          If the lead is shit, all previous rules are null and void. In such cases, mutiny is acceptable.



                          That's good to know, otherwise I'd owe Nigel a carton from last time at Bellthorpe

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by jtheboy View Post
                            What happens if the Lead gets stuck on a hill and blocks most people but you manage to pass him and get to the top

                            Does the Lead then owe you a Carton

                            I beleive the rule as defined and enforced by Manager is you NEVER pass the lead rider or YOU owe him a carton
                            Sam
                            RR300
                            CRF450
                            EVO250

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by sambo View Post
                              I beleive the rule as defined and enforced by Manager is you NEVER pass the lead rider or YOU owe him a carton
                              This ruling still valid?... haven't been for a ride in ages so just checkin.
                              Cheers.

                              Comment

                              antalya escort
                              medyumlar
                              huluhub.com
                              kartal escort
                              ankara escort
                              Working...
                              X